AMEX OFFER till DECEMBER 31, 2019

victory2020

15 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Can anyone tell me if the cruise has to be purchased through Amex Travel to get this offer?  We purchased from a TA.   I can't see cruises mentioned anywhere on our offers from Amex in the travel section.

I booked directly on the Celebrity website today and within 5 minutes i got an email from AMEX saying the I will receive the cash back offer.. I think it depends on which Amex you have....If you have questions I would contact the TA you booked with tomorrow.. 

Joseph

Thank you.  We have the gold one.  We booked a cruise on the Veterans sale and wouldn't you know it, I booked that one with CDN $, on Mastercard as the dollar just seems to drop more all the time.  I considered getting Celebrity to redo it using the Amex card, but it just seems to be too much trouble.  You have to have a brain like a computer these days to get the best of everything!

21 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Thank you.  We have the gold one.  We booked a cruise on the Veterans sale and wouldn't you know it, I booked that one with CDN $, on Mastercard as the dollar just seems to drop more all the time.  I considered getting Celebrity to redo it using the Amex card, but it just seems to be too much trouble.  You have to have a brain like a computer these days to get the best of everything!

Offers have to be added to the card online.  You access the list to add them in your online account. If your card is Canadian the general wisdom discussed earlier in the thread was that Canadian Amex cards don’t get the same offers and none has seen a Celebrity offer on a Canadian Amex card. 

Edited by Charles4515

On 11/21/2019 at 12:43 PM, MamaFej said:

This did not work for me, but mine is a Delta-affiliated card. It did work for others on the Princess board. Good luck.

http://americanexpress.com/wlcl

I was able to add this even though it did not show up in offers. Is there a link like this for Celebrity?

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Offers have to be added to the card online.  You access the list to add them in your online account. If your card is Canadian the general wisdom discussed earlier in the thread was that Canadian Amex cards don’t get the same offers and none has seen a Celebrity offer on a Canadian Amex card. 

Thanks Charles.  I can't find any offers for Celebrity like the $150 OBC on our offer section.  I will use the Princess one (for 10,000 points) and do have it added to our card.  It is a US one which we know we would never get now!  We have had it for nearly 30 yrs.

54 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Thanks Charles.  I can't find any offers for Celebrity like the $150 OBC on our offer section.  I will use the Princess one (for 10,000 points) and do have it added to our card.  It is a US one which we know we would never get now!  We have had it for nearly 30 yrs.

What you might try is adding some of the offers and refreshing the page. New offers will be added to bring your number offers back to 100 offers. That has worked for me a couple of times. 

FWIW - I had the offer for 15k points on my Gold card, made a $500 payment via my travel agent, payment has posted and billing cycle ended. I  definitely did not get the points issued. I’ll chat with Amex next week to confirm. I had a feeling I wouldn’t get anything after never receiving a confirmation email like I’ve always had in the past. 

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

FWIW - I had the offer for 15k points on my Gold card, made a $500 payment via my travel agent, payment has posted and billing cycle ended. I  definitely did not get the points issued. I’ll chat with Amex next week to confirm. I had a feeling I wouldn’t get anything after never receiving a confirmation email like I’ve always had in the past. 

Did you add the offer to your card before making your payment to Celebrity?  Mine had the $150 credit offered, and the credit appeared on my card within 2 days.

14 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Did the transaction post on Amex as "Celebrity" or your TA? If the latter, you will likely not get the points.

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

Did the transaction post on Amex as "Celebrity" or your TA? If the latter, you will likely not get the points.

It posted as a charge from Celebrity Cruises like normal. 

1 hour ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Did you add the offer to your card before making your payment to Celebrity?  Mine had the $150 credit offered, and the credit appeared on my card within 2 days.

Yep. Offer was added soon after it appeared. I haven’t read the entire thread but at a quick glance I don’t see anyone else confirming they received the 15k points. 

56 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It posted as a charge from Celebrity Cruises like normal. 

Yep. Offer was added soon after it appeared. I haven’t read the entire thread but at a quick glance I don’t see anyone else confirming they received the 15k points. 

On cash offers the credit usually takes. A few days. I have not had points offers for any of the cruise offers but on other offers I don’t think the points posted until after my statement closed. 

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

I've tried every tip posted both here and on the Princess board, and I'm still striking out on my Delta Platinum AmEx, but the fact that others are finding ways to make it work gives me hope.

I got the Princess/HAL to work on Delta Platinum by clicking on a link.  I was looking for a similar link for X.

1 minute ago, RichYak said:

For those still looking for data points, I called Celebrity and purchased $500 of OBC on Wednesday 11/27. This morning, I see that the $150 credit posted to my Amex account dated yesterday 11/29.

We booked a new cruise Thursday and just made a $500 deposit instead of the Black Friday $pecial and our credit also posted last night as well!