My Cunard site (VP)

Titch77

On 11/27/2019 at 8:59 AM, Underwatr said:

The best part about the new login is that I scroll my birth year up from 1919 rather than down from 2019. It makes that particular step much faster! 😁

I guess that confirms the old addage that "It's truly an evil wind that blows no good".

Roy

On 11/27/2019 at 5:59 AM, Underwatr said:

The best part about the new login is that I scroll my birth year up from 1919 rather than down from 2019. It makes that particular step much faster! 😁

My feelings exactly! It's a much shorter scroll.

Just wondered if anyone else had a problem getting on to the new improved manage your booking site. Had an email about it inviting me to sign in and see all the improvements. On clicking the link and putting in the required details I get a notice saying they don’t recognise my details. I was only on the old site a month ago updating the passport details and it worked perfectly. Hoping it’s their bad.

What a mess. Let's hope the onboard employees do a better job of navigating than these website folk.
Information missing or unavailable.
Links that either don't work or take you somewhere else.
The old version had it issues but it's way better than this cobbled, poorly tested replacement.
Heads should roll.

"Cunard" is legally just a brand and I suspect (but am open to being proved otherwise) that this website is not under Cunard's direct control.
Pity.

Edited by Canuker
  • Like 1

I can get on to it, but find it very frustrating that every time I log on I need to write in my name and put in my dob as well as the booking number.   Every single time.  

Can't I just have a user name and password like every other site I use on the internet?

• Like 2

As a first time Cunard cruiser next year, I was puzzled why you have to enter

all this to get to your booking. I thought it was part of Carnival so why is this not standardized?Plus I could not view my booking yesterday even though I signed in and my name and itinerary came up . Princess Grill a guarantee. Hoping for upgrade to Queens. Sick of Princess not enforcing dress code and splurging for a hopefully first class experience. Qm2

33 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

As a first time Cunard cruiser next year, I was puzzled why you have to enter

all this to get to your booking. I thought it was part of Carnival so why is this not standardized?

Alas, Princess' online resources are much more extensive than Cunard - including aboard (You must go to the Purser's desk or Grills Concierge to get a printout of your account, for instance.)

While the lines are all owned by Carnival, they operate as different companies (in general). There is overlap between P&O and Cunard, and some US-based operations share facilities with Princess. Carnival cruise line is totally separate. Similarly HAL - although there's some overlap between HAL European operations and P&O/Cunard.

Both Cunard and HAL have had complaints over revamped websites, but NOTHING like the unforgivable mess that is the VP/My Cunard!  

...and it looks like you'll need to enter your booking reference to log in to My Cunard - still. Why this couldn't be a simple account login with user-chosen login and password, I have no idea. Especially with four upcoming trips, I'd love to be able to simply login with my chosen ID and password and then manage individual my trips, as on Princess, I have no idea.

We love Cunard, and the QM2 in particular, but their technology is a continuing frustration.

Edited by MarkBearSF

I have a unique world club number as does my partner which cunard allocated when we booked our first cruise. Cunard also have our email addresses.  So why can't I just create a password against my world club number and cunard request confirmation via an email link - seems to work for google. If they want to be a bit more secure, in addition to my world club number and password, I could be persuaded to enter my date of birth as well.

I'd have thought the cunard user researchers, designers and coders would have taken the revamp of the VP as an opportunity to come up with with a simpler process for user authentication.  I haven't managed to log on to the new VP yet from my phone as it doesn't recognise the booking number... So looks like not much system or acceptance testing against a range of target devices  and browsers has taken place either.

32 minutes ago, Aspidestra99 said:

I'd have thought the cunard user researchers, designers and coders would have taken the revamp of the VP as an opportunity to come up with with a simpler process for user authentication.  I haven't managed to log on to the new VP yet from my phone as it doesn't recognise the booking number... So looks like not much system or acceptance testing against a range of target devices  and browsers has taken place either.

Yes. One would think. And one would be wrong. Repeatedly. (and sadly!)
If I were CIO or COO, the web team would be fired long ago. It simply is inexcusable. This is NOT rocket science and I've NEVER seen a company get away with such a terrible user experience. Time and again. 

Edited by MarkBearSF
  • Like 1

Bitterly disappointed in the My Cunard site. There has been no update to the site, seemingly, since I received the emails excitedly informing me that my two forthcoming voyages were available to be viewed there. Tells me I have no World Club membership - I do; no details of excursions; no names of ports on the itinerary page/link; no dress information for each night (although this was available on the old VP); tells me I don't want to receive the pre-voyage booklet - I do but the site won't allow me to make any changes; and so it goes on.

Getting a bit frustrated with it all. Can it really be so hard to add in details.

And can they please fix their spelling errors? If Cunard cannot spell 'embarkation' on this site specifically for customers ('emabarkation') then I give up.

4 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Supposed to board QE in a few hours. Decide to try and check vp for any last minute info (or to see if they can spell Fremantle correctly).

E0C6A983-DBAA-4A18-9985-AD023A338DDE.thumb.png.e53b2c1953390d265b2b0d141e905be4.png

My kookaburra is not impressed. 
4E0816D9-6694-42D8-84E1-E683C7996EE6.thumb.jpeg.ce62f3686daec3d0296ad75141984f4d.jpeg

I hope you enjoy your voyage! and that the glitches don't extend to the ocean.

Here is the way it works on the US side.  

First you get this screen, which is the new one using the P&O pre-cruise platform (see first pic).

Then after you enter all your information you get the next screen which is the same pre-cruise platform Cunard has used for years.  (see second pic).  

Then you have to enter all your information again and you end up with the same old pre-cruise interface Cunard has had forever.

Don't try doing this using the Safari web browser as you will get an error message.  I have to use Chrome for it to work.  

It's unfortunate that Cunard is so outdated from a technical standpoint both on the ships and pre-cruise.  Someday they may actually figure out that technology is important to many people, even their demographic.    

I also miss the days (not long ago) that I could pull up my Cunard World Club account on Cunard's US website.  No more.  

I sail on most lines (and I love Cunard), but their technology both pre-cruise and onboard is probably the worst I have experienced of any line.  

Cunard, P&O, HAL, Princess, and Seabourn all share the Princess developed POLAR reservation system.  I only wish they shared the Princess pre-cruise platform as well.  It's awesome.  

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 6.33.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 6.35.04 PM.png

• Like 1

My attempts through the US site differ a bit from what eroller gave us above. I get the same first page, but when I enter the data requested, I land on the new page for My Voyage (or whatever its actual name is). However, other than the voyage information (ship, date, destination), no other data on our booking, no cabin number, dining preference, etc. My personal data (name, contact info, passport no., etc.) are there, but World Club status is not.

With a summer sailing date, I can allow them a little time to work it out, but not forever.

Edited by ExArkie
Fixed the stupid AutoCorrect error.

I finally went to my Cunard travel advisor and she booked my excursions.   We're on an Alaskan cruise and there are excursions that have only 14 seats.  She worked through all the problem in the new platform and got our excursions in mid June 2020.  I don't know how she did it, but she did it.

If anyone is looking for a Cunard travel advisor who will work hard for what you want, call her.  Sharleen Gordon  (local 41666 in the California office). She's the hardest working advisor we've ever had.

According to Cunard they are having teething problems with the new site. However they have assured me that their record systems have not lost any information and are up to date.  They have confirmed that they have my correct membership tier and so I'm a little less worried although it is very annoying not to be able to access or amend your information on the website