Cyber Monday Sale?

Does anyone know what the "normal price per day is for a soda package on the Oasis for an Adult?  It's $6.50 a day today for the sale.  Is that lower than usual?  I thought it seemed lower than the normal price without a sale

I echo the disappointment.  I got some really good deals on the UDP ($72/person) and DBP ($47/day) last year on either BF or CM (can't remember which) for a May Mariner sailing.  No DBP discount at all for a March Mariner sailing.  UDP is the same discount as all the other "sales."  What a let down.

• Like 2

Royal's convoluted  pricing really stinks. The UDP and UBP should be a set price per day on every ship.  Occasional sales are ok, but arbitrary pricing according to some schematic that the bean counters come up with is extremely  frustrating.  Carnival's  Cheers pricing  is the same across the board on their various ships and so is the dining package on NCL, as a point of competitive reference.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ryano said:

Exactly.  What a joke and Royal Caribbean must think we are fools.   I was very excited hearing tales of 126.00 UDP from last Black Friday and logged on Friday morning only to see that the UDP was actually 4 dollars MORE (179.00) than it was a few days before at 175.00.    lol.

I have no desire to book another Royal Caribbean cruise so I havent even bothered looking.  They have officially priced me out. 

That is exactly the same pricing I had, $175 that went up to $179. I did pay $126 last year & would not have minded paying $140-$150 but nope...Coastal kitchen/MDR for me this time around.

I can't even get into my cruise planner to see any identifiable deals.  Interested in shore excursions and dining for our upcoming Harmony cruise, however it keeps freezing and bringing me back to a sign in screen even though I'm signed in.  What a junky system. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 12:29 AM, Ren1216 said:

I've been thinking the same thing all weekend.  The hype was much bigger than the reality.  I doubt Monday will bring anything better or new.

In the 21st century BF and CB are all hype. With consumers conditioned to believe that they are getting a deal they can actually charge more and sometimes do. Everything I purchased at Amazon and department store during the pre Black Friday sales were more expensive on BF and CM when I checked the price. The only bargains I saw on Royal Caribbean were for zoom and the refreshment package. I think the deluxe package just fluctuates all year long. 

I don't know - while Royal's direct sales this past weekend may not have been great, I was able to take advantage of a Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale at a large online agency and booked a new cruise on Harmony at a great rate with a host of perks included by the agency (free gratuities, OBC, free specialty meal) .  May not have been direct through RCCL but deals were out there

So I finally got angry enough after receiving multiple emails about the non-sale that I sent an email complaint to Michael Bayley, President and CEO of Royal ( mbayley@rccl.com). Others who feel ripped off may choose to do the same. I will post if/when I get a response.

Edited by MisterBill99

15 hours ago, molly361 said:

No it's the UDP for a 3 night cruise.  

The 3 Night package on our 12 night Grandeur cruise was $99 and went down to $79.
Same for our 11 Night Brilliance cruise.

Soda package $6.50

No other sale prices noted on Royal's website for my future bookings.

Edited by Arzeena

6 hours ago, Maverick61 said:

I don't know - while Royal's direct sales this past weekend may not have been great, I was able to take advantage of a Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale at a large online agency and booked a new cruise on Harmony at a great rate with a host of perks included by the agency (free gratuities, OBC, free specialty meal) .  May not have been direct through RCCL but deals were out there

I was also able to take advantage of one such agency offering:
Royal wanted my first born for a balcony. We researched a bit and found some online agencies who had very good group rates for some categories. Called them to inquire what was involved, was there a catch, etc etc. We booked with one our friends usually go with. Got the lower price and cyber "Tuesday" perks same as yours. Very few were offering this.

• Like 1

Sale was not as I have experienced in past. Internet for one devise surf and stream was down to $12.99. Yet in the past I've received it for 10.99. Also, regarding SDP for my Brilliance TA last month, I had purchased (2) $60 3 night packages. The 5 night was $119 per person. We like the SD so we were pleased. And yes, you can do it on your cruise planner. You just pick 2 different 1st nights. 

1 hour ago, 6805 said:

RCCL should follow what NCL does and just charge for drink and dining package in the cruise fare, thus eliminating some of this almost a sale nonsense. 

Except that NCL then charges you 18% of the inflated price of the drink package (maybe dining as well?) making it anything but free. Even Celebrity has started charging extra for the gratuities if you want the beverage package as your perk.

Also, Royal doesn't have nearly enough specialty dining to give everyone the UDP. 

1 minute ago, MisterBill99 said:

Except that NCL then charges you 18% of the inflated price of the drink package (maybe dining as well?) making it anything but free. Even Celebrity has started charging extra for the gratuities if you want the beverage package as your perk.

Also, Royal doesn't have nearly enough specialty dining to give everyone the UDP. 

Even without the gratuities I have found in comparing similar ships that NCL is in the vast number of cases more expensive than Royal.  

I want the option of what what I choose to buy or not.  

• Like 1