Platinum

DALSAL

I will be platinum two days into my cruise in January.  I bought FTTF, and I just noticed my boarding pass is gray and says Priority. Is this because I bought FTTF, or because my status changes two days in? Wondering if I can cancel FTTF? TIA

1 hour ago, DALSAL said:

That’s what I thought, but my TA called carnival and asked, and they said different!! Thank you! 

I would look at changing or doing without a TA. Cause can not say for sure, but am willing to bet yours never called Carnival. Always keep in mind that a TA, no matter how friendly they sound, get paid on  commission.  The more they get you to book thru them the more money they get. So even if yours knows the correct answer. If you cancel FTTF she loses money.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CdrescherRBL152 said:

I would look at changing or doing without a TA. Cause can not say for sure, but am willing to bet yours never called Carnival. Always keep in mind that a TA, no matter how friendly they sound, get paid on  commission.  The more they get you to book thru them the more money they get. So even if yours knows the correct answer. If you cancel FTTF she loses money.

Travel agents do not get paid a commission on shore excursions or FTTF. I don't know if they called or not but that part was not correct.

We love our TA and always get extra perks. The commissions have nothing ti do with what you pay, Carnival pays the commission.

7 hours ago, CdrescherRBL152 said:

Cause can not say for sure, but am willing to bet yours never called Carnival.

How can you make something like this up, you have no idea. 

12 hours ago, CdrescherRBL152 said:

Wrong on both counts, if you want I can explain why....your choice. 

Edited by jimbo5544

On 12/9/2019 at 7:32 AM, Retired_to_Cruise said:

You will be platinum from the first day on that cruise. You do not need FTTF.

Could you tell me what exactly a Platinum status gets you?  I will be Platinum next cruise and I'm not sure all the perks that I will get.  I looked on the website, but it doesn't say anything like, you can go straight to your cabin and drop off carry-ons etc.  FTTF mean 1st to board and your room is ready, correct?  Basically, if I read the FTTF perks, is that the same as Platinum?

15 minutes ago, ksmcdonald said:

Could you tell me what exactly a Platinum status gets you?  I will be Platinum next cruise and I'm not sure all the perks that I will get.  I looked on the website, but it doesn't say anything like, you can go straight to your cabin and drop off carry-ons etc.  FTTF mean 1st to board and your room is ready, correct?  Basically, if I read the FTTF perks, is that the same as Platinum?

It is listed, they just word it as "Priority check-in and boarding"

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/benefits.aspx

Platinum gets to board after the Wedding and Diamond guests and get to go straight to their staterooms.  They have a special lounge to wait in.  Your luggage will be delivered first to your cabin.  You will get a special gift from Carnival (think it is a luggage tag currently).  You get one bag of free laundry.  There is also a special line at guest services for you to use.  When getting off the ship, you get priority for water shuttles and final disembarkment.

FTTF gets similar but is always after the Diamond and Platinum guests. 

29 minutes ago, MLJS said:

Platinum gets to board after the Wedding and Diamond guests and get to go straight to their staterooms.  They have a special lounge to wait in.  Your luggage will be delivered first to your cabin.  You will get a special gift from Carnival (think it is a luggage tag currently).  You get one bag of free laundry.  There is also a special line at guest services for you to use.  When getting off the ship, you get priority for water shuttles and final disembarkment.

FTTF gets similar but is always after the Diamond and Platinum guests. 

And weddings and special guests

2 hours ago, ksmcdonald said:

A lot. Go to the Carnival web site and go to the VIFP club. You will see every one there.

19 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

You most definitely are Platinum from Day One. You do not need FTTF. Get a refund, and open that FTTF up for someone else that needs it. 

Needs?

OP- unlike other cruise lines, Carnival recognizes you at the start of the cruise in which you achieve the higher tier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Needs?

OP- unlike other cruise lines, Carnival recognizes you at the start of the cruise in which you achieve the higher tier.

Yes, “needs” it. For me, it’s a necessity—a need. I have a hubby that becomes grumpy fast if he has to wait in lines, and then drag our carry on bags around until 1:30. Believe me, it makes embarkation day much more pleasant. It’s worth every penny, and I’m sure there are others out there that feel the same way. I know that not everyone feels as I do, and that’s fine. Less people for me to compete with in my quest for FTTF. 

7 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Yes, “needs” it. For me, it’s a necessity—a need. I have a hubby that becomes grumpy fast if he has to wait in lines, and then drag our carry on bags around until 1:30. Believe me, it makes embarkation day much more pleasant. It’s worth every penny, and I’m sure there are others out there that feel the same way. I know that not everyone feels as I do, and that’s fine. Less people for me to compete with in my quest for FTTF. 

Ah- I thought that's what the option of selecting your check in and arrival time was for. My apologies.

Good news though is once you hit Platinum you no longer have to purchase it 🙂

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 9:34 AM, RjayB said:

It is listed, they just word it as "Priority check-in and boarding"

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/benefits.aspx

Thank you!  I guess I wasn't aware that Priority Check-in and boarding meant we could go straight to our room to drop off carry-ons.   If the doors to the hall way are closed, do we just open them and walk through to our cabin?  This is first cruise with these perks and I don't want do something we are not supposed to do.

11 minutes ago, ksmcdonald said:

Thank you!  I guess I wasn't aware that Priority Check-in and boarding meant we could go straight to our room to drop off carry-ons.   If the doors to the hall way are closed, do we just open them and walk through to our cabin?  This is first cruise with these perks and I don't want do something we are not supposed to do.

Yes you do. The Priority Boarding grants you that privilege. If anyone tries to stop you, just show them your boarding pass.