Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

On 1/25/2020 at 5:50 PM, BeachChik said:

And really long term cruisers really aren’t the ones they want anyway. They want the new cruiser that will book excursions through the ship, buy the photo packages, the drink packages and all the other little extras that someone that has sailed dozens of times won’t spend money on. 

Strange, at the Top Tier Events (most recent of which being Jewel last week) the CD, Captain and Loyalty Ambassador continue to say how the C&A members are their 'most valued guests' and want to 'continue to reward them for their loyalty'. 

Also strange, at the Top Tier Event last week the Captain offered to take questions in lieu of Captain's Corner, and in response to one regarding removal of lounge access, he stated that the top tiers are becoming 'top heavy' and catering for the growing numbers cannot be sustained.

Could have been his personal opinion or a corporate driven answer. Take from it what you will.

Edited by icsys
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, icsys said:

Also strange, at the Top Tier Event last week the Captain offered to take questions in lieu of Captain's Corner, and in response to one regarding removal of lounge access, he stated that the top tiers are becoming 'top heavy' and catering for the growing numbers cannot be sustained.

The Capt speaks the truth. RCI is a victim of their own successful Loyalty program and, no matter what they do, many will not be happy with the outcome. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, icsys said:

Strange, at the Top Tier Events (most recent of which being Jewel last week) the CD, Captain and Loyalty Ambassador continue to say how the C&A members are their 'most valued guests' and want to 'continue to reward them for their loyalty'. 

Could have been his personal opinion or a corporate driven answer. Take from it what you will.

Looks like everything he said was accurate.  

They do truly appreciate returning CAS guests but in reality the lounge spaces are finite and can't accommodate a rapidly growing, loyal CAS membership.   Having to remove D+ from the CL was not an easy decision or one made whimsically.  That doesn't mean they don't appreciate D+ members which is why they have improved the DL experience.  Seems reasonable and fair.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I don't see them ever doing this for JS as that would weaken the full suite product position. 

The reason to step up to a full suite is partly for SL access and all day CK access.  

People said just that on the Celebrity section when Celebrity announced that they were going to start admitting people staying in Sky Suites to Michael's Club.  They also said that it would lead to overcrowding at Michael's.  Neither ever happened.  What did happen is that the price of Sky Suites jumped up and that both protected the sales of the full sized suites (since it reduced the amount of money that could be saved by switching from a Celebrity Suite to a Sky Suite) and meant more revenue for the cruise line.

It's probably buried in here somewhere but can someone remind me why the outrage now.  Didn't most ships convert to SL and D+ kicked out of CL years ago? 

If Anthem labels it SL now then it won't seem so bad?  I guess I'd have thought the stragler ships would come in line with the SL conversion any time and wouldn't be surprised by it.  You had a good ride.  I'll never experience a CL lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Of course but in true Emerald tradition, there is no real upgrade in benefits. I think your stateroom attendant will give you a bigger smile on the morning and you can stand outside the DL and peek in and say "soon....very soon".

You can join the uber-exclusive ES (Emerald Superior) club. There is a secret handshake and the only requirement is you need to occasionally shower other ES members with accolades. 🤣😎😋

Are you speaking from personal experience. 😎🍻

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Get a Suite. Not to sound too harsh but it's your only re-course. I mean industry wide, cruise operators are now clearly dividing and seperating the passengers based on the cabins that are being paid for a particular cruise. RCL is either keeping up or setting the standard. But Suite passengers should be able to enjoy a private lounge from passengers that don't have like ammenities. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, davekathy said:

Nope. But it's now on a fast track. We had access to the DL and CL on our March 2019 B2B cruise on the Freedom.

We had access to DL and CL on Explorer in October 2019

IMG_20191005_143345.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DoctorRN said:

I suspect that the next stage will be to remove D members from the D lounge and rename it the D+ lounge. D members will continue to get their three free drinks on the card.

D+ Lounge/Club doesn't have a good ring. Any thoughts on a more appropriate, but catchy name?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We had access to DL and CL on Explorer in October 2019

IMG_20191005_143345.jpg

Every time I see this picture, I think you look like a pirate with an ear ring. 

Isn't Explorer the last of the original CL's

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1