Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
LittleFish1976

Cunard's Coronavirus Cancellations/Refunds (Merged threads)

Recommended Posts

Just posted on the Cunard website is this updated information on the QM2 itineraries.

https://www.cunard.com/en-au/contact-us/travel-health-advisories

 

In essence (and with spelling corrections to the name 'Fremantle'):

 

As a result of this situation, Queen Mary 2 is now sailing directly to Fremantle, Australia, arriving on the 18th February. She will set sail from Fremantle on an Australian itinerary, details of which will follow.

If you were due to join Queen Mary 2 in Singapore on 12/13 or 18/19 February you have the option to join in Fremantle on 18/19 February. Should you be on a shorter voyage from Singapore on 12/13 February your voyage will be automatically cancelled at no charge.

If you are due to join the ship in Singapore on 12/13 or 18/19 February and you have booked your flights with us, we will organise all alternative flights on your behalf at no extra charge. You also have the option of cancelling your holiday at no cost.

 

Queen Elizabeth is no longer calling at Hong Kong on 31 March and Shanghai on 4 April. Details of her revised itinerary will be announced as soon as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" You may cancel your holiday at no cost"   - BUT do you get your money back or a Future Cruise Credit. People on RCI are complaining that they are only getting a FCC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although it is heading to Fremantle, it will be first be going straight to Port Kelang in Malaysia to refuel and pick up supplies, however anyone getting off the ship will not be allowed to reboard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all,

I am onboard QM2 currently. As far as I’m aware, we are all safe and well. It was a shame to miss Phuket and Penang. We don’t know what day we arrive at Port Klang (KL) - it might be either 11 or 12 Feb. Cunard is helping with rearranging flights or, if you booked independently, providing free calls and internet access. 
Stay safe all.

AF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel sorry for those people who rely on the cruise ships visiting for their income. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bazzaw said:

" You may cancel your holiday at no cost"   - BUT do you get your money back or a Future Cruise Credit. People on RCI are complaining that they are only getting a FCC. 

I think NCL are being worse to be fair. It looked like they were sacking their staff from China/Hong Kong/Macau all of them on all ships to my reading of  the post on the NCL board. Until I called them out on it. Then they re-posted health advice minus that section about staff. But these big lines are hurting with this. What are they to do with ships whose sailings they have cancelled for 6 months?

 

QM2 will be ok if they can avoid the affected area which they are doing and pray to god no staff loading the food at Port Kelang pick it up on the dockside. Which they shouldn't. Once away from Port Kelang the QM2 can get away from the virus complete the world cruise and get back to TA's.

 

Be thankful Cunard only has 3 ships.

Edited by ace2542

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Thanks for the update, I hope you're not having too terrible a time.


Not terrible at all. I’m making the best of it. I’m heading to the deck party shortly! Hopefully photos to follow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AspirationalFlyer said:

Hello all,

I am onboard QM2 currently. As far as I’m aware, we are all safe and well. It was a shame to miss Phuket and Penang. We don’t know what day we arrive at Port Klang (KL) - it might be either 11 or 12 Feb. Cunard is helping with rearranging flights or, if you booked independently, providing free calls and internet access. 
Stay safe all.

AF.

 

Looks like it would be the 11th - because I just saw this advertised on the Cunard site https://www.cunard.com/en-au/find-a-cruise/M104F/M104F

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Just posted on the Cunard website is this updated information on the QM2 itineraries.

https://www.cunard.com/en-au/contact-us/travel-health-advisories

 

In essence (and with spelling corrections to the name 'Fremantle'):

 

As a result of this situation, Queen Mary 2 is now sailing directly to Fremantle, Australia, arriving on the 18th February. She will set sail from Fremantle on an Australian itinerary, details of which will follow.

If you were due to join Queen Mary 2 in Singapore on 12/13 or 18/19 February you have the option to join in Fremantle on 18/19 February. Should you be on a shorter voyage from Singapore on 12/13 February your voyage will be automatically cancelled at no charge.

If you are due to join the ship in Singapore on 12/13 or 18/19 February and you have booked your flights with us, we will organise all alternative flights on your behalf at no extra charge. You also have the option of cancelling your holiday at no cost.

 

Queen Elizabeth is no longer calling at Hong Kong on 31 March and Shanghai on 4 April. Details of her revised itinerary will be announced as soon as possible.

Interesting that QM2 has decided to miss Singapore and head direct to Australia.    With QE no longer calling at Hong Kong and Shanghai, in March and April, maybe Australia can look forward to more cruises on Cunard.  Looking forward to reading the revised itineraries for QM2 and QE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

I feel sorry for those people who rely on the cruise ships visiting for their income. 

True what you say, but I feel sorry for the people who are ill, with the worry they and their families are going thro’.  🍷🥃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

That's next year !

Oops - I was excited! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My money is on the 12th since QM2 already had a spot reserved there that day.   I've asked a passenger on my roll call to send a schedule for February 18 to March 3 when she gets it.

 

Roy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, AspirationalFlyer said:

Arrival at Port Klang (KL) is confirmed for tomorrow (11 Feb). 

I was wrong.  That makes perfect sense since QM2 was due to be in Port Klang February 11.  I think my sense of date is a little out of whack because I am on Crystal Serenity and about to cross the International Dateline so I really am having trouble keeping track of dates.

 

Unless I'm mistaken this sounds like a really good deal for people due to get off in Singapore February 12 if they have some extra time to spare.  It sounds like they can stay on an extra 6 days on Cunard's dime.  That could be really nice.

 

Roy

Edited by rafinmd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the Western Australians are happy to have another major cruise visit. As a local Perthite here's hoping everyone on board stays healthy. Happy to post tips about places to visit etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BulldustHHH said:

Looks like the Western Australians are happy to have another major cruise visit. As a local Perthite here's hoping everyone on board stays healthy. Happy to post tips about places to visit etc.

 

Agree with BulldustHHH. Happy to help with tips for extra time in Perth and Western Australia. 

 

As I posted on the World Cruise Roll Call the free CAT buses may be of interest to some...

 

https://www.fremantle.wa.gov.au/sites/default/files/Fremantle-CAT-Timetable-204-20160131.pdf

 

If you scroll to the bottom on the link there is a map showing where it goes and places of interest near there. 

 

Julie

Edited by frantic36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BulldustHHH said:

Looks like the Western Australians are happy to have another major cruise visit. As a local Perthite here's hoping everyone on board stays healthy. Happy to post tips about places to visit etc.

Once the QM2 is away from Port Klang it should be plane sailing for them all the way to Australia as they will be far beyond the reach of the virus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK here goes, - a bunch of links etc for Perth and Freo (Fremantle) places and things to do, and how to get around (copied from older posts I made elsewhere, so some advice was specific to queries made then):

 

Here are the maps for the free Freo and Perth CAT bus services:

 

NOTE: On the Freo CAT map you see the cruise terminal at the west (left side), the Maritime Museum to the south, and the yellow area is where all the cafes, shops, hotels and restaurants are concentrated. The yellow area beyond The Esplanade Reserve has restaurants facing the fishing boat harbour, including the popular Little Creatures microbrewery and restaurant. Also on the Freo CAT map, the B Shed Ferry Terminal is where the Rottnest ferries berth. They also berth on the other side of the river, but that is much harder to get to without a car.

 

Some Perth handy links (in no particular order):

Perth is a 20min ride on the light rail train from Fremantle Station (see the Freo CAT map).

There's plenty of malls in Perth. The centre of Perth is Hay st and Murray st malls, which also has the cute London Court mall hanging off it. Several suburbs have large generic malls, such as Joondalup in the north, Westfield Innaloo is probably the closest to Scarborough:

 

https://goo.gl/maps/6ATc9UVqtNk

 

The best cinema complex is across the main drag from Innaloo, but then who comes to Australia to watch a movie? Garden City is nice and is the closest suburban one to Freo:

 

https://goo.gl/maps/YyfKoZvTxYE2

 

Hillary's Boat Harbour is not too far north of Scarborough and is also very nice (there is an aquatic museum there as well called AQWA:

 

https://goo.gl/maps/Mk25d3v94av

 

Hillary's has lots of cafes, pubs, restaurants and boutique shops. Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

 

We have Uber, Didi and Ola in Perth. I haven't used the latter, but the former are usually cheaper, cleaner and more friendly than taxis. You can get Swan River cruises from Barrack Jetty which is at Elizabeth Quay just next to the Perth CBD. The Blue CAT bus (free, as are all normal buses in the CBD area) has a stop at the Jetty (B02) shown on the live CAT map.

 

As for staying in central Perth, plenty of beaches are accessible from public transport (all day public transport tickets are A$12.80 per person from memory, much less for concessionary passengers, but you need concession ID). Notably Cottesloe is accessible from the Perth to Freo light rail.

For checking the weather, the Bureau of Meteorology is the place to go:

http://www.bom.gov.au/

 

Give a holler here if you have any other questions.

 

PS> If Cruise Critic doesn't have it already, it would be great to have a location/port guide area.

Edited by BulldustHHH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are details for QM2's revised itinerary as posted on the travel health advisories page. She will now be arriving at Darwin two days earlier than the original itinerary and will be staying there for two days. And Yorkeys Knob will be an added call.

 

"Queen Mary 2 is sailing to Fremantle, Australia, arriving on the 18 February. She will set sail from Fremantle on 19 February for an Australian itinerary, as follows:

 

Monday 24 February          Darwin, Australia
Tuesday 25 February          Darwin, Australia
Saturday 29 February         Yorkeys Knob, Australia

 

Following Yorkeys Knob the ship will sail to Airlie Beach on her original schedule, after which the voyage remains unchanged."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some port timings found on the Fremantle and Darwin port websites "fremantleports.com.au" and "darwinport.com.au".

 

Fremantle:  Arrive Mon 17 Feb 2020 at 13:30 - Depart Wed 19 Feb 2020 at 20:00

Darwin:  Arrive Mon 24 Feb 2020 at 06:30 - Depart Tue 25 Feb 2020 at 17:00

 

If that's accurate, QM2 may actually be in Fremantle for about 2-1/2 days (and two nights), from the afternoon of the 17th until the evening of the 19th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...