Cancelling Cruises because of the C word

davemorton

17 minutes ago, NoFlyGuy said:

What's going on! Just heard that Spain are restricting cruise ship access. Not sure of the details yet.

Oceana is due to dock in Malaga tomorrow?

Not sure why cruise ships are getting targeted if flights in are not being cancelled.

Are we cruisers all filthy and disease ridden?

From tomorrow for 14 days according to 

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/spanish-ports-turning-away-cruise-ships-14-days

1 minute ago, NoFlyGuy said:

Much the same if a plane lands with an infected passenger, they can infect the locals just as much as a cruise ship passenger.

I don't fly but, say 8 planes landing in a tourist area on a given day, they could have the same number of infected people onboard as a medium sized cruise ship. Ships get banned but planes still arrive.  

Not to the United States from Europe and that's only the beginning. Before long, i reckon most flights will be stopped.

8 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I have, but I never received the first emails offering the cruise credit.  I have had nothing at all.  My friend has also cancelled, yet she has received the latest email as well as all the others.

I cancelled yesterday too, getting 50% cash back and 50% FCC. I have just received the email from P&O stating they will be in touch with me later. I don't know if it refers to my May cruise that i cancelled yesterday or my cruise later in the year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

I cancelled yesterday too, getting 50% cash back and 50% FCC. I have just received the email from P&O stating they will be in touch with me later. I don't know if it refers to my May cruise that i cancelled yesterday or my cruise later in the year.

I have checked everywhere.  Spam, junk - zilch.  the lady who rang me from P&O checked my email address and it's correct.  She was mystified as to why I am not receiving anything.  I usually do.

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

I have checked everywhere.  Spam, junk - zilch.  the lady who rang me from P&O checked my email address and it's correct.  She was mystified as to why I am not receiving anything.  I usually do.

Have you gone into your P&O account online and checked your communication preferences? If it's not set for you allowing emails you won't get them.

6 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Dai, I know you are generally clued up. Is the above based on opinion only or have you heard something from your contacts (understand perfectly if you don’t want to say even if it is)

No just my reading of the situation.

Confirmed by todays goings on.

Princess cancels cruises as well as Virgin cruises and Viking.

Ports are closing down

Boris says over 70's stay home

Dai

13 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

Yes, we were so disappointed.  We should have been going in just over a week but cancelled before Christmas as we were concerned insurers would query us having paid in full at a time of uncertainty over health issues.  Unfortunately now resolved but in the event we would have cancelled now because of the current situation.  That was the first cancellation.   

The other this week was nervousness about paying in full and not knowing what the next few months will bring.  Also very disappointed as it was a rather unusual itinerary we were especially looking forward to.   Never mind we have a few lined up for next year now! 😁    We'll see how things go and hopefully get something sorted for later in the year.  But you're right, there will be a run on bookings as confidence returns.

In the meantime, we just hope for the very best outcome for everyone in terms of their health - holiday cancellations don't figure in comparison. 

Keep well. 😊

Well it's looking extremely unlikely we will be going now. Nowhere to go really!

I think I'll get the brochure out tomorrow.

Take care of yourself.  V.

Edited by happy v
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, daiB said:

No just my reading of the situation.

Confirmed by todays goings on.

Princess cancels cruises as well as Virgin cruises and Viking.

Ports are closing down

Boris says over 70's stay home

Dai

I think the final nail is the FCO advice given the demographic and nowhere to actually cruise to now. 

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

But "a while " could quite easily be 6 months. That would basically mean that the entire Mediterranean summer cruising season would be a write off.

Yeah, but I can't go in the summer anyway.........too hot!😉

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I am not the only one.  There are loads of folk on FB who have received nothing.  My friend is also Gmail, so it's not that either.

We go April 11th and haven't had one. Probably working their way through the by day of travel

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh thank you, was beginning to think it was just me.  My friend who travels with us and I look after her email is also on Gmail and has had all of the announcements.

Jean, wondering whether you or your friend booked the cruise, if it makes any difference whose the lead name?

3 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

why would you get both?

It’s what Princess did. I received a refund and 25% FCC as we were a few months away from sail date. Those who were within a few weeks of sail date got 50% FCC. 

The refund is their contractual obligation. The FCC is to get your repeat business 

Edited by staygulf

56 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Are you over 70?  We are, but I have received nothing.

Under 70 but with medical conditions. We booked direct, I'm the lead passenger on the booking, I received the previous messages about policy changes and we were due to sail in 10 days time. Still nada!

Edited by HappyGiraffe

6 minutes ago, staygulf said:

It’s what Princess did. I received a refund and 25% FCC as we were a few months away from sail date. Those who were within a few weeks of sail date got 50% FCC. 

The refund is their contractual obligation. The FCC is to get your repeat business 

From the current T&Cs

tcs.PNG.c9b68438056dd92b53f730cd2ead7cdf.PNG