Jump to content

Princess suspends all cruises for 60 days


Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, cru1 said:

I am confused with the 175% future cruise credit.  Can someone please explain/give me an example.

Thanks

Me too.. confused, do I rebook another cruise 100% credit and then have to book/take 2nd cruise by May 2022 to use 175%= FCC on that cruise? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, cutiepie43 said:

Does anyone know if we used a travel agent do they have to do the paperwork or can we just fill out the form ourselves.  I know the agents will be very busy and I don't mind doing it but just not sure if it has to go through the travel agent.

Go through your travel agent.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CruiseBabys said:

Me too.. confused, do I rebook another cruise 100% credit and then have to book/take 2nd cruise by May 2022 to use 175%= FCC on that cruise? 

Think of it as a pot of money in the Bank of Princess.  You can spend it on one voyage or multiple.  Up to the expiry date.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on the Sky right now. The Captain came on about an hour ago and informed us that they have downloaded Jan Swartz’s video. They have offered all onboard free internet and are crediting those of us who have a paid plan a refund for the next two days. However, they have asked us to not use it unless we have a B2B booked. They are also offering double FCC for those who book another cruise in 2020. 
We just spoke to our Steward and this was news to him as well. He is not married and has no family responsibilities but said that although they will still be paid base pay, this will be very difficult for those who do have families that they are supporting back home. He and everyone we’ve come across working on this ship have had a great attitude during this very difficult time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dickinson said:

 

Check your personalizer on princess. it should show up there.

 

Thanks for tip.  Not there yet.  I did just complete the form to ask for the refund and FCC.  Will post when I know more.  Thanks again for the help

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Think of it as a pot of money in the Bank of Princess.  You can spend it on one voyage or multiple.  Up to the expiry date.

Thank you again steeler36 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Disagree.  It is a lot faster to fill out the simple online form provided at Princess.com.

Or you can look at it as a courtesy to the travel agent who worked to set up the booking, and handle everything on behalf of the client.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BigGuy25 said:

Princess is so backed up by canceled cruises that they are way behind in the processing.  We canceled our cruise on Monday and the Personalizer today is still showing we’re booked as before!


My May cruise on the Sapphire from Hong Kong to Singapore was cancelled Feb 15th and it all still shows up in my account on the website so I'm not sure when they actually remove it

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jdaviespa said:

This is my question as well.  Does anyone know if the money will be refunded on the credit card used to book,  or the credit card provided for the onboard account? (I'm using different cards between these two)

 Hello, I had a cruise cancelled by Princess. I had used two credit cards: one for the cruise portion and one for Ezair. The refund money came back to the same credit card that was used. Hope this helps!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Clean yes, but where are they getting the money to refurbish the ships that aren't scheduled to be refurbished?

 

And where will they get supplies and contractors on such short notice?

Link to post
Share on other sites

We weren't clear on what to do with this new cancellation policy becasue we had just cancelled on Tuesday to receive 50% FCC and 50% refund to credit card for our April 12 cruise.

The online statement didn't really explain this well

So we phoned, even though the notice said not to call.

 

The phone rep said they can not do any cancellations by phone and you have to fill out the online form.

When we asked for clarification on this because we had already cancelled - she advised to fill out the form using our booking number for the cancelled cruise. Good thing we had this written down and in emails, becasue the cruise was already gone from the personalizer.

 

The indication we were given is they will redo the cancellation so that we now get 100% cash back and a 25% FCC on our account. 

 

No refunds or FCCs had posted yet, so we still aren't sure if we will see this in two stages or if they will halt the previous cancellation in time to do this in one go.

 

But based on the info from the phone rep - we do now expect to get 100% refund and 25% FCC even though we had previosuly taken the offer of 50/50.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Boatdrill said:

Or you can look at it as a courtesy to the travel agent who worked to set up the booking, and handle everything on behalf of the client.  

There is no "courtesy" in burdening a TA with filling out an online form who will be busy as heck handling clients.  Princess has stated they are protecting TA commissions for fully paid cruises if that is your concern.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Boatdrill said:

Go through your travel agent.  

I went with Princess and used Ez-air. I'm going with option #,  100% with 175% fcc. So, I guess if my "cancelled" cruise cost appx $4000. I would have to find a cruise at $4000.> greater? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We haven’t had an e mail yet as cancelled 2 days ago but they say they are honouring the same offer for anyone who cancelled after 4th February. Just seen the bulletin online 

 

For anyone who has had the e mail what does the bit in option one mean “ transfers paid’ 

Edited by amajaa
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Storm Monkey said:

We weren't clear on what to do with this new cancellation policy becasue we had just cancelled on Tuesday to receive 50% FCC and 50% refund to credit card for our April 12 cruise.

The online statement didn't really explain this well

So we phoned, even though the notice said not to call.

 

The phone rep said they can not do any cancellations by phone and you have to fill out the online form.

When we asked for clarification on this because we had already cancelled - she advised to fill out the form using our booking number for the cancelled cruise. Good thing we had this written down and in emails, becasue the cruise was already gone from the personalizer.

 

The indication we were given is they will redo the cancellation so that we now get 100% cash back and a 25% FCC on our account. 

 

No refunds or FCCs had posted yet, so we still aren't sure if we will see this in two stages or if they will halt the previous cancellation in time to do this in one go.

 

But based on the info from the phone rep - we do now expect to get 100% refund and 25% FCC even though we had previosuly taken the offer of 50/50.

 

 

That's good news if the rep knew what they were talking about.  I would hope the same would apply for those who have received their partial refunds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jdaviespa said:

This is my question as well.  Does anyone know if the money will be refunded on the credit card used to book,  or the credit card provided for the onboard account? (I'm using different cards between these two)

It is the card you used to pay balance on cruise. We cancelled on 3/8 and the credit showed up on our card on 3/9. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I canceled Sunday.  Full amount refunded to original  credit card, I was outside final payment, however.  Refund posted this morning.  

Edited by milolii
More information
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, voljeep said:

so a week from now, when all passengers are off all ships … what then for the crew and ships for the next 53 days or so...

 

they can't all go into drydock, right ?

They will probably anchor out somewhere.   There are not a whole bunch of drydocks in the world that can handle that size of ship and if it doesn't need to be 'hauled out' there would be no point to it.    If they wanted to refurbish them, they could dock at a commercial port and do the work from there -- but it might be difficult.   Shipyards have their costs up front and their payment on completion (the ship is the security for the 'loan') and cruise lines are not looking like a good bet right now.   Nobody really wants to end up owning a cruise ship at the moment.   You don't want to add yourself to the list of creditors.

 

Princess is doing the right thing (as in "not being responsible for the deaths of a whole bunch of people" is the right thing) but financially this is the end.   I honestly feel that the head office decided to do the right thing by their loyal customers and is letting them get ahead of the curve.    They are dumping a lot of cash right now, I'd take it while I could.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, CruiseBabys said:

I went with Princess and used Ez-air. I'm going with option #,  100% with 175% fcc. So, I guess if my "cancelled" cruise cost appx $4000. I would have to find a cruise at $4000.> greater? 

 

The fine print on the earlier cancel and get an FCC, the small print said you must use it on one cruise.  I haven't seen any "fine print" on this one....so who knows?  We just took option 2 and at worst, we may have given up a 25% FCC (April cruise).  

 

Once the dust settles and cruising is safe, we will favor Princess because of how well they handled this.  

Edited by ghstudio
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Disagree.  It is a lot faster to fill out the simple online form provided at Princess.com.

 

BUT can you do the cancellation when your cruise is booked thru Travel Agency?

 

The form also has a box for Travel Agent to fill it out if canceled on behalf of a guest.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...