Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

1 minute ago, racj846 said:

We do have individual numbers I think!  While the numeric portion is the same, mine ends in  A  while DWs ends in  B  . Does that constitute individual numbers and if so I am still unclear as to how to sign into DWs account.

I think you should contact Princess and get your captain circle numbers confirmed. They will have your membership numbers if you cruised with them before. It is not a booking number but Captain Club 

My husband and I have the same captain's club number. His ends with an A and mine ends with a B. I set up an account for each of us using the assigned numbers. I can go to either account by signing in with the username etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, racj846 said:

We do have individual numbers I think!  While the numeric portion is the same, mine ends in  A  while DWs ends in  B  . Does that constitute individual numbers and if so I am still unclear as to how to sign into DWs account.

They may be the same number but the A/B distinction makes they different captain's circle numbers. 

Just create a new sign in for your DWs account ... you will need to use a different email address, I believe.  My DH and I each have our own sign ons and what is in his is different than what is in mine.  I've cruised more and have the CCL stock as well as all the referrals, his does not have this, though.  When the FCCs are finally distributed, the split amount should show up under each account.    

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, racj846 said:

Go to princess.com.  In the upper right "register".  Set up an account for each of you.  Princess will recognize you from there.  Then you can sign in on each account and see everything that is going on.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Fate of FCD's on canceled cruises is an interesting thread about this.

It seems that some folks FCDs have become FCCs. With others handled completely differently. 

I am talking about the Future Cruise Credit bought on board the ship to use as a deposit for a future cruise.

The form says:

FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT ID:  xxxxxxxx

Even though many of us on cruise critic refer to these as FCD, the forn says future cruise credit.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, I am one who booked my cruise using a Future Cruise Credit for my deposit. What you and I are calling a FCD.

When I got my refund recently, my deposit was not returned to my account to reuse, as it has been in the past. It was included in the FCC I received for 100% of my cruise fare for a cancelled cruise.

I wanted the deposit back to use on a future cruise since it did not expire until March 2021. 2 Princess reps. told me this has now changed and they would only give it back as a FCC and that money cannot be used for a deposit.

55 minutes ago, racj846 said:

Yes, see above posts from others. My membership number has Nine numbers and a letter B at the end. Sounds like you have the right thing. Make sure to log out to sign in with your wife's info.

1 minute ago, dog said:

I am talking about the Future Cruise Credit bought on board the ship to use as a deposit for a future cruise.

The form says:

Even though many of us on cruise critic refer to these as FCD, the forn says future cruise credit.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, I am one who booked my cruise using a Future Cruise Credit for my deposit. What you and I are calling a FCD.

When I got my refund recently, my deposit was not returned to my account to reuse, as it has been in the past. It was included in the FCC I received for 100% of my cruise fare for a cancelled cruise.

I wanted the deposit back to use on a future cruise since it did not expire until March 2021. 2 Princess reps. told me this has now changed and they would only give it back as a FCC and that money cannot be used for a deposit.

That stinks, you lose the $100 deposit vs 10% or what ever it is and the OBC.  I can live without the OBC, but I'm really hesitant these days to put down a big deposit.  I would do an FCD though.

Just now, 2 cruises a year said:

That stinks, you lose the $100 deposit vs 10% or what ever it is and the OBC.  I can live without the OBC, but I'm really hesitant these days to put down a big deposit.  I would do an FCD though.

I did not lose the $100 deposit...it was added into my refund of FCC.

I lost out on using it on a future cruise and the OBC that is attached to it. $50 pp for the 10 day cruise that was cancelled.

On their website they do mention "cruise with confidence" that in the UK the deposit will be returned as FCC.

4 minutes ago, dog said:

I lost out on using it on a future cruise and the OBC that is attached to it. $50 pp for the 10 day cruise that was cancelled.

On their website they do mention "cruise with confidence" that in the UK the deposit will be returned as FCC.

Sorry, I wasn't clear, I did mean being able be to use the FCD, that costs $100 as a deposit.  With out that you have to put down a big cash deposit, which I am hesitant to do these days.  Again, I could live without the $50 OBC, if I had to.

Replying to Cruise Raider and racj846   It is possible to use the same email address for both husband and wife.  My husband and I use the same email address.  Our profiles on princess each show that email address.   We each have a different password to access our own information when logging into the Princess website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dog said:

The form says:

58 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

55 minutes ago, dog said:

I think the issue or difference has to do with the timing of a cancellation.  If I cancel my Fall 2020 cruise today, which is before FP Date BTW, I would expect my $200 deposit of FCD's to go back to my Captain Circle account as "situation normal". 

I think for folks that had paid cruises that are now cancelled due to Coronavirus and going with Option 1/2 refunds, the FCD is now "lost" as such and becomes either part of the total refund or FCC.  When you re-book a new future cruise, you can use another FCD (assuming you have one) for a deposit and the FCC bucket from the cancelled cruise is applied as payment towards balance owing.  So, it should still be possible to earn that FCD OBC on a future booking as long as you have more on account.

It could also be the case for some folks that when cruise is cancelled the FCD that was used would be expired and cannot be restored to the account. 

If I was in the situation of not having more FCD's on account, and choosing Option 2, I would certainly lobby Princess to have an unexpired FCD put back into my bank so I could earn the OBC back on my next booking.  If a rep said "No", I would try a nicely worded appeal to Customer Relations.

Cannot think of anything else to do.

PS to @dog:  A FCD is a special type of FCC.  It is a FCD when you purchase it (the form, the Medallion App form, and my confirmation email all use this term).  When it is posted to Captain Circle account profile, it is listed in the FCC table.  Again, it is a special type because when you apply it as a cruise deposit, it comes with earned OBC.  A "true" FCC is given by Princess for any one of customer relation issue, move-overs, cancelled voyages, partial missed voyages, etc.  When those are spent on new cruises, no OBC is earned.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

PS to @dog:  A FCD is a special type of FCC.  It is a FCD when you purchase it (the form, the Medallion App form, and my confirmation email all use this term).  When it is posted to Captain Circle account profile, it is listed in the FCC table.  Again, it is a special type because when you apply it as a cruise deposit, it comes with earned OBC.  A "true" FCC is given by Princess for any one of customer relation issue, move-overs, cancelled voyages, partial missed voyages, etc.  When those are spent on new cruises, no OBC is earned.

FCDs nested neatly within the FCC tab.

image.png.a082161a3ffe199aedee3ad55e04a28a.png

7 hours ago, Bgwest said:

FCC or FCD?

Not questioning your intelligence it’s just that this is an often mistaken form of payment.

my response re; terms was to this post. 

thank you both for setting us straight. 

Maybe the member Bgwest is correcting was calling her deposit a FCC because the paper showing it was purchased on-board says:

Future Cruise Credit:  ID.  Xxxxxxx

but again thanks for the details. 

3 hours ago, racj846 said:

Each account must have its own email address since Princess upgraded its site for better security measures. 

You would need to call Princess to change your wife's email address to a different one from yours.  Then REGISTER her account online AGAIN, using the new email address, followed the prompt and then get her account back.

I have to do this a few months ago as ours like you, 2 persons using the same email address - and the system only recognize the person's account that registered first, with that email address.

Also when register the new account, the password would need to be reset, based on the current requirement which is a lot more involved than the pre-upgraded site.

Edited by nho9504

1 hour ago, Bay Cruiser said:

Replying to Cruise Raider and racj846   It is possible to use the same email address for both husband and wife.  My husband and I use the same email address.  Our profiles on princess each show that email address.   We each have a different password to access our own information when logging into the Princess website.

That was the case we had before, but not any more, about 3 months ago.  We used to have same email address, different password. 

We encountered the same impossible to log in issue starting sometime in late January.

In fact, Princess site did not like my existing password, required me to change it to the new form which would need to include at least a Cap and a number, and longer than X characters.

Called Princess and then was told due to the site update, now each account needs to have its own email to access.  The rep first change the email address in my husband's account to a different one from mine, then told me he still needed to register on Princess site with the new email address to get his account back.

That was how we did it.  Now we each have unique email addresses, but opt to use same password so I only need to remember one password.

Edited by nho9504
add clarification
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nho9504 said:

That was the case we had before, but not any more, about 3 months ago.  We used to have same email address, different password. 

We encountered the same impossible to log in issue starting sometime in late January.

In fact, Princess site did not like my existing password, required me to change it to the new form which would need to include at least a Cap and a number, and longer than X characters.

Called Princess and then was told due to the site update, now each account needs to have its own email to access.  The rep first change the email address in my husband's account to a different one from mine, then told me he still needed to register on Princess site with the new email address to get his account back.

That was how we did it.  Now we each have unique email addresses, but opt to use same password so I only need to remember one password.

My husband and I both use the same email address with separate passwords.  I have just logged into each account and they still bring up the separate accounts.  Have to make sure you log out of one before logging into the other or they system seems to get confused.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rickays said:

My husband and I both use the same email address with separate passwords.  I have just logged into each account and they still bring up the separate accounts.  Have to make sure you log out of one before logging into the other or they system seems to get confused.

We also have same e-mail different log-ins and it worked just now when I checked.

• Like 1

I had checked earlier today and no FCC was showing for me.  But based on someone else's response that they had received their FCC today and their cruise was after ours, I checked again just now.  Both my husband and I have received FCC though I cannot tell how they arrived at the amount....it is slightly (by just over $100) higher than the base cruise fare I *think* we paid.  I say I think because we booked through an online agency and I just used the base fare listed on their invoice.  

We picked option 2 which in our case was a full refund plus a 100% FCC.  Based on our base fare amount, the "awarded" FCC does not equal 125% either...which I was concerned about since Princess apparently messed up someone else's selection and gave them the option 1 value instead of the option 2 they requested.  So I don't know whether to call Princess and inquire or wait until we receive our refund to our cc.  I haven't gotten a notification from my cc company yet. Not have I gotten an email from Princess, but last week when I talked to Princess, they indicated that once everything was processed, I would be receiving an email from them.  But at least there is some progress! 

**Sidenote but does anyone know if there is a way to see cruise credit for a person who doesn't have a Princess account?  In our case, that would be our kids.  Princess told me last week that I should be able to just type in their captains circle numbers, but I don't see a way to do that unless you have a registered Princess account (we had to register my husband tonight just to see his).

36 minutes ago, jat1977 said:

I had checked earlier today and no FCC was showing for me.  But based on someone else's response that they had received their FCC today and their cruise was after ours, I checked again just now.  Both my husband and I have received FCC though I cannot tell how they arrived at the amount....it is slightly (by just over $100) higher than the base cruise fare I *think* we paid.  I say I think because we booked through an online agency and I just used the base fare listed on their invoice.  

We picked option 2 which in our case was a full refund plus a 100% FCC.  Based on our base fare amount, the "awarded" FCC does not equal 125% either...which I was concerned about since Princess apparently messed up someone else's selection and gave them the option 1 value instead of the option 2 they requested.  So I don't know whether to call Princess and inquire or wait until we receive our refund to our cc.  I haven't gotten a notification from my cc company yet. Not have I gotten an email from Princess, but last week when I talked to Princess, they indicated that once everything was processed, I would be receiving an email from them.  But at least there is some progress! 

**Sidenote but does anyone know if there is a way to see cruise credit for a person who doesn't have a Princess account?  In our case, that would be our kids.  Princess told me last week that I should be able to just type in their captains circle numbers, but I don't see a way to do that unless you have a registered Princess account (we had to register my husband tonight just to see his).

Mine's higher too but I'm assuming it's because of the exchange rate. I chose option 2, but I booked in CDN dollars, I'm thinking when I booked the CDN dollar was better and its tanked in the last couple months so now when they're reissuing the credit it's from US to CDN so I got more... Just hope when I book it the CDN dollar improves!

5 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Go to princess.com.  In the upper right "register".  Set up an account for each of you.  Princess will recognize you from there.  Then you can sign in on each account and see everything that is going on.

Thank you!!  Your answer solved my problem.

2 hours ago, jat1977 said:

I'm not sure if this will still work, it is more for before the cruise but give it a try, you have nothing to lose. 

Go to "Login", there are two options. Choose the option on the right. Enter the name, birthdate and booking number. Good Luck.

Let us know if you have any luck.

3 hours ago, LuckEh said:

Mine's higher too but I'm assuming it's because of the exchange rate. I chose option 2, but I booked in CDN dollars, I'm thinking when I booked the CDN dollar was better and its tanked in the last couple months so now when they're reissuing the credit it's from US to CDN so I got more... Just hope when I book it the CDN dollar improves!

I paid in CAD too. My FCC was $100 pp higher then I expected due to the FCD amounts being added in. No CAD—US exchange involved