Jump to content

Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges


Recommended Posts

Another semi-positive data point here. Princess cancelled our April 4 trip about 5 weeks ago. We immediately signed up for Option 1 on March 13. Just checked our CC account and sometime in the last few hours the FCCs for the cruise costs were applied, though for some reason mine is the correct amount but SWMBO's is exactly $400 less. Also, no sign of the "gift" FCCs which IIRC should be 75% in our particular case. I also checked the credit card and no sign of the $$$s that are to be refunded. I'll have to think about why hers is $400 short, hopefully it's not a clerical error.

 

Problem is, per my earlier post, we've decided to see if we can "select" Option 2 and see if we can exchange the FCC for a cash refund. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received my FCC from my March 21 cruise. We had picked option 2. Hopefully the actual refund shows up on my credit card in the next few days.

Edited by spantz
Grammar
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, spantz said:

I just received my FCC from my March 21 cruise. We had picked option 2. Hopefully the actual refund shows up on my credit card in the next few days.

 

Please let us know when it does.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just talked to my TA. He called to check on the status of our cancelled 5/4/20 cruise. Selected Option 2. He stated that Princess is still saying 60 days but they had marked the booking as being processed. Hope it really happens!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

 

what??  You asked for a refund and you got back it in FCCs?  

Yes. We applied for option #2 and they must have switched us to #1. ??? Got a ton of FCCs that we really can't use in the time frame allotted. Will be calling the PCP shortly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coral said:

Remember Option 2 has some FCC.

Hi Coral: Option #1 was for, in our case, 175% of cruise fare in FCC...that checks out to the dime. Option #2 was for a refund of all monies paid to Princess, and a 50% FCC. We indeed received #1.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rlbeck said:

Hi Coral: Option #1 was for, in our case, 175% of cruise fare in FCC...that checks out to the dime. Option #2 was for a refund of all monies paid to Princess, and a 50% FCC. We indeed received #1.  

Let us know what Princess says. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to see so many people getting something right now. Still perplexed as to why, if it is meant to be in sailing date order, some with later sailings are getting this prior to those with earlier sailings. Still nothing for my March 14th sailing. I will give them until Friday and then check in. At that point, I will be at day 45.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rlbeck said:

Yes. We applied for option #2 and they must have switched us to #1. ??? Got a ton of FCCs that we really can't use in the time frame allotted. Will be calling the PCP shortly.

 

I would be, too.  Good luck!!  Report if you can.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are feeling nervous about actually receiving a cash refund, file a dispute with your credit card company.  Then you'll have an advocate in your corner to slug it out with Princess.  It'll put your mind at ease - at least it did for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Coral said:

Let us know what Princess says. 

Hi Coral: Princess rep said it had happened to others as well. She is working on it. Said it would have been a lot easier if Option #2 had been applied in the first place. I agreed....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Happy to see so many people getting something right now. Still perplexed as to why, if it is meant to be in sailing date order, some with later sailings are getting this prior to those with earlier sailings. Still nothing for my March 14th sailing. I will give them until Friday and then check in. At that point, I will be at day 45.

If I was managing the refund process, I would probably assign different team members blocks of cruises.  That way, they can work through an entire voyage and deal with similar issues/situations.  So, if multiple voyages are being worked at once, it is possible some refunds for later cruises are getting processed ahead of some with older dates.  IDK, just a WAG, but as long as it gets done, that is the main point.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dog said:

I saw this posted the other day,  so I looked at the form I have with my deposit and it does say Future Cruise Credit. 
many of us call them Future Cruise Deposits 

Fate of FCD's on canceled cruises is an interesting thread about this.

 

It seems that some folks FCDs have become FCCs. With others handled completely differently. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bgwest said:

Fate of FCD's on canceled cruises is an interesting thread about this.

 

It seems that some folks FCDs have become FCCs. With others handled completely differently. 

 

I think the problem is, there are probably several different processes going on and everyone is carrying out the processes differently.  I have three canceled cruises that all have FCDs attached to them.  The rep down at Princess took the time to check this out.  I'm just going to take a wait and see approach.  I'm not giving them any more of my money until I get these sailings resolved.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coral said:

Let us know what Princess says. 

The rep requested a copy of the Option Selection conf. email. I forward a copy of that to her and she said she would send it off to  their resolutions dept. to work on.  Always good to look for, and keep, all confirmations when dealing with this stuff.........

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dog said:

Glad to hear you have a refund. Each passenger needs to login Individually  to cruise personalizer under their captain circle number. If you don’t have one call Princess to get it straightened out. 

We do have individual numbers I think!  While the numeric portion is the same, mine ends in  A  while DWs ends in  B  . Does that constitute individual numbers and if so I am still unclear as to how to sign into DWs account.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, racj846 said:

We do have individual numbers I think!  While the numeric portion is the same, mine ends in  A  while DWs ends in  B  . Does that constitute individual numbers and if so I am still unclear as to how to sign into DWs account.

I think you should contact Princess and get your captain circle numbers confirmed. They will have your membership numbers if you cruised with them before. It is not a booking number but Captain Club 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband and I have the same captain's club number. His ends with an A and mine ends with a B. I set up an account for each of us using the assigned numbers. I can go to either account by signing in with the username etc.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, racj846 said:

We do have individual numbers I think!  While the numeric portion is the same, mine ends in  A  while DWs ends in  B  . Does that constitute individual numbers and if so I am still unclear as to how to sign into DWs account.

 

They may be the same number but the A/B distinction makes they different captain's circle numbers. 

Just create a new sign in for your DWs account ... you will need to use a different email address, I believe.  My DH and I each have our own sign ons and what is in his is different than what is in mine.  I've cruised more and have the CCL stock as well as all the referrals, his does not have this, though.  When the FCCs are finally distributed, the split amount should show up under each account.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, racj846 said:

We do have individual numbers I think!  While the numeric portion is the same, mine ends in  A  while DWs ends in  B  . Does that constitute individual numbers and if so I am still unclear as to how to sign into DWs account.

 

Go to princess.com.  In the upper right "register".  Set up an account for each of you.  Princess will recognize you from there.  Then you can sign in on each account and see everything that is going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Fate of FCD's on canceled cruises is an interesting thread about this.

 

It seems that some folks FCDs have become FCCs. With others handled completely differently. 

 

I am talking about the Future Cruise Credit bought on board the ship to use as a deposit for a future cruise.

The form says:

FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT ID:  xxxxxxxx

Even though many of us on cruise critic refer to these as FCD, the forn says future cruise credit.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, I am one who booked my cruise using a Future Cruise Credit for my deposit. What you and I are calling a FCD.

When I got my refund recently, my deposit was not returned to my account to reuse, as it has been in the past. It was included in the FCC I received for 100% of my cruise fare for a cancelled cruise.

 

I wanted the deposit back to use on a future cruise since it did not expire until March 2021. 2 Princess reps. told me this has now changed and they would only give it back as a FCC and that money cannot be used for a deposit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, racj846 said:

We do have individual numbers I think!  While the numeric portion is the same, mine ends in  A  while DWs ends in  B  . Does that constitute individual numbers and if so I am still unclear as to how to sign into DWs account.

 

Yes, see above posts from others. My membership number has Nine numbers and a letter B at the end. Sounds like you have the right thing. Make sure to log out to sign in with your wife's info.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dog said:

 

I am talking about the Future Cruise Credit bought on board the ship to use as a deposit for a future cruise.

The form says:

FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT ID:  xxxxxxxx

Even though many of us on cruise critic refer to these as FCD, the forn says future cruise credit.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, I am one who booked my cruise using a Future Cruise Credit for my deposit. What you and I are calling a FCD.

When I got my refund recently, my deposit was not returned to my account to reuse, as it has been in the past. It was included in the FCC I received for 100% of my cruise fare for a cancelled cruise.

 

I wanted the deposit back to use on a future cruise since it did not expire until March 2021. 2 Princess reps. told me this has now changed and they would only give it back as a FCC and that money cannot be used for a deposit.

 

That stinks, you lose the $100 deposit vs 10% or what ever it is and the OBC.  I can live without the OBC, but I'm really hesitant these days to put down a big deposit.  I would do an FCD though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2 cruises a year said:

 

That stinks, you lose the $100 deposit vs 10% or what ever it is and the OBC.  I can live without the OBC, but I'm really hesitant these days to put down a big deposit.  I would do an FCD though.

 

I did not lose the $100 deposit...it was added into my refund of FCC.

 

I lost out on using it on a future cruise and the OBC that is attached to it. $50 pp for the 10 day cruise that was cancelled.

 

On their website they do mention "cruise with confidence" that in the UK the deposit will be returned as FCC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dog said:

 

I did not lose the $100 deposit...it was added into my refund of FCC.

 

I lost out on using it on a future cruise and the OBC that is attached to it. $50 pp for the 10 day cruise that was cancelled.

 

On their website they do mention "cruise with confidence" that in the UK the deposit will be returned as FCC.

 

Sorry, I wasn't clear, I did mean being able be to use the FCD, that costs $100 as a deposit.  With out that you have to put down a big cash deposit, which I am hesitant to do these days.  Again, I could live without the $50 OBC, if I had to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...