Prices dropping after the effects of this pandemic!!

So my sept cruise on the oasis has dropped by almost 600$. With everyone canceling and getting refunds I’m sure the wait time is very long. Should I call and try to get the price adjustment or wait till everyone is done cancelling so that the ones that want to cancel can do so without me holding up the lines!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Mwins78

So my sept cruise on the oasis has dropped by almost 600$. With everyone canceling and getting refunds I’m sure the wait time is very long. Should I call and try to get the price adjustment or wait till everyone is done cancelling so that the ones that want to cancel can do so without me holding up the lines!!!

Affects of the pandemic it won’t allow me to edit didn’t see the mistake till after it was posting sorry

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My august cruise on Harmony has not budged in price at all, and is still higher than what I paid 8 months ago. I do see some previously sold out categories are now available though.

I can't imagine they're really going to drop prices at this point, given it's very uncertain when they'll be able to cruise again, how many ports they'll be able to cruise too and what demand will be like. My guess is they're just going to pause everything and wait and see how it all plays out before doing much with prices.

1 minute ago, marci22 said:

I only clicked because it said 'smooches' so I would leave it.

😂😂😂I’m still trying to fix it but it says I’m not logged on so I can’t do this action🤷‍♀️

Just now, Mwins78 said:

😂😂😂I’m still trying to fix it but it says I’m not logged on so I can’t do this action🤷‍♀️

Don't think you can change the title. Click the report post button and ask a mod to change it.

Same here.  We have a price drop for the cruise we just re-booked due to this weekend.  I hesitated calling this morning as I know Royal would be swamped with calls...so same reason as you.  Having said that, I thought I'd try (mid afternoon now) and I only waited about 10 minutes on the phone.  Got the price drop.

For $600 savings, I would call now.  The price can go up if you wait and you'll miss it. 

Good luck.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mwins78 said:

I called the crown and anchor line and selected the option for a new reservation. I got through in less than 5 minutes and got a price adjustment for my September cruise.  At this point I have no confidence that cruise lines will be operating in September, but I hope I am wrong and if I am I want the lowest price possible.

I called the crown and anchor line and selected the option for a new reservation. I got through in less than 5 minutes and got a price adjustment for my September cruise.  At this point I have no confidence that cruise lines will be operating in September, but I hope I am wrong and if I am I want the lowest price possible.

I booked with a TA when I finally got through after 2 1/2 she told me Royal does not offer refundable rates so she could not give me the price adjustment because basically I didn’t know what I was talking about called Royal and they told me of course we do [emoji35]

3 minutes ago, Mwins78 said:

I booked with a TA when I finally got through after 2 1/2 she told me Royal does not offer refundable rates so she could not give me the price adjustment because basically I didn’t know what I was talking about called Royal and they told me of course we do emoji35.png

Well, I have a refundable deposit. When you book on line there is an option at the end to check for a refundable deposit. However, refundable deposit is NOT available for suites.

3 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

Well, I have a refundable deposit. When you book on line there is an option at the end to check for a refundable deposit. However, refundable deposit is NOT available for suites.

Also I don’t believe it’s available for some category guarantees.

Generally, unless it’s a last minute cruise to the Bahamas, I’d never book a cruise without a refundable deposit simply based on my own person travel patterns,

Glad some people are getting some decent reductions.  I have yet to find any of my upcoming cruises at a lower price, especially when I look at the loss of the non refundable deposit and my onboard credit.   All my upcoming cruises were booked while I was onboard and over the years, I have found that makes a big difference.

After reading about so many people getting a price drop on the cabins I thought I would check our Sept. Alaska cruise on Ovation and there are not any Grand Loft suites left for a price drop.  I can always hope who ever reserved the Royal Loft decides to cancel and we can up grade.  Also saw, while looking, that Quantum has Alaska scheduled for May, Sept. 2021.

Glad some people are getting better deals.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 8:22 PM, Mwins78 said:

I booked with a TA when I finally got through after 2 1/2 she told me Royal does not offer refundable rates so she could not give me the price adjustment because basically I didn’t know what I was talking about called Royal and they told me of course we do emoji35.png

So did Royal adjust it or did you have to go back to the TA?

So did Royal adjust it or did you have to go back to the TA?

Royal would not I had to keep calling my TA one finally got what I was talking about and dropped my price. This is my first time using a big box TA and I would never do it again I like to being control.. not having to wait for someone to get back to me when prices change so frequently. All for a OBC that’s not much

2 hours ago, Mwins78 said:

Royal would not I had to keep calling my TA one finally got what I was talking about and dropped my price. This is my first time using a big box TA and I would never do it again I like to being control.. not having to wait for someone to get back to me when prices change so frequently. All for a OBC that’s not much

I couldn't agree more. I have used a TA here and there over the years and it was just not worth it . I did all of the work and didn't even get a bottle of wine. The smaller TA's did do the price adjustments for me when I found them but using a middle man only slowed things down. I used my Big Box Warehouse last year only because they offered $250 OBC and not the usual store gift card offer. They weren't bad to work with but I wouldn't use them again unless they offered paid gratuity or OBC for the cruise line.

47 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I couldn't agree more. I have used a TA here and there over the years and it was just not worth it . I did all of the work and didn't even get a bottle of wine. The smaller TA's did do the price adjustments for me when I found them but using a middle man only slowed things down. I used my Big Box Warehouse last year only because they offered $250 OBC and not the usual store gift card offer. They weren't bad to work with but I wouldn't use them again unless they offered paid gratuity or OBC for the cruise line.

All travel agents aren’t the same, apparently you have found the less than stellar ones. The last cruise we took on Celebrity was two seven day B2Bs on the Equinox, in a Sky Suite, last August. The total cost, with all four perks ( prepaid gratuities for two, premium drink package for two, unlimited internet for two, and $150 p.p. obc) was about $8,300. With an extra obc, for being a loyal customer, we got a fully refundable $1150 that we took home. We always get a minimum of 10% of the cost as a refundable obc. We have had no problem getting a price reduction or changing rooms.