Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

On 4/28/2020 at 4:01 PM, henry1005 said:

Just received our refund for Choice Air tickets for our Celebrity cancelled 4/30/20 Ultimate Alaska cruise to our Amex account. Full refund received as promised.  Still waiting for the FCC and port/tax refund.

Happy to hear.   I've not yet received our refund for our 4/30 cruise.   Hopefully it will arrive shortly.

PREVIOUS STATUS:  March 27 cruise cancelled by X mid-March.  Refund requested March 17.  Rec'd cancellation notices for excursions pretty quickly and the small difference paid on credit card for those excursions was refunded in about 10 days.

UPDATE:  Yesterday (April 29) there were four amounts refunded to our credit card.  One was obviously the taxes and port fees since the amount matched exactly.  The $700 amount was most likely the second deposit of $700 we had to make last year when we cancelled another cruise and moved the deposit over this the March 27th cruise (can't remember, but that may have been a TA requirement).  I have no clue what the $20 amount was for, and the large amount (though nice to receive) does not match our large final payment, nor does the total match what we were owed.  Still awaiting an odd balance from X of a bit over $700 which I can't match to any particular fees... thought perhaps it was the amount we paid to get the four perks, but I don't think it matches that either.  Hoping the remaining funds show up on our card one of these days.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 10:57 PM, zanderblue said:

Here is another data point for you folks waiting for a refund.

Cruise on Equinox due to depart on March 21st. Cancelled by Celebrity on March 13th, I requested cash refund through my TA on March 19th.

3 separate payments back to my CC on April 28th. The payments appear to be for taxes and fees, additional charges and the cruise fare, but it’s not entirely clear from the amounts. 

Hopefully mine is being worked on.    I was booked on Equinox 3/14, 3/21 and 3/28.    I received my FCC's about a month ago but no refunds of other charges yet.    I filed a dispute with Credit Card as I had 2 MoveUp bids accepted -  one on 3/13 the day they cancelled all the cruises.

JIM

Hope yours comes through soon..maybe the move up bids complicated things?

We just logged onto.our Bofa Actt..Surprised to see our very last deposit Refund of $900 back on our acct..3 sep amts.  Did not have to file a dispute for this one.

Happy this is done for now but sad too.  As everyone here knows, so much time and effort goes into planning ..... travel pre cruise hotel, excursions, dining,  spa, etc.  Hope there will be a next time for us! ( we still have one booking and a FCC)

Edited by hcat

39 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I filed a dispute with Credit Card as I had 2 MoveUp bids accepted -  one on 3/13 the day they cancelled all the cruises.

How in the world is X processing MoveUp bids on a cruise they know they're cancelling? 

Our March 29th Edge cruise was just refunded complete. No issues. Thank you Celebrity. We are now waiting for our April 11th Infinity cruise.   Not sure what will happen with our October cruise to Europe. Will have to decide in July if no cancellation comes from Celebrity. 

Our April 4, 2020 cruise was cancelled and I filled out our refund form on March 18, 2020. I never received an email confirming that I asked for a refund but was optimistic that Celebrity would make things right. I called Celebrity around April 20th (only on hold for about three minutes, and very nice customer service agent) and was told they received my refund request and give it a few days. Last night I received four different refunds totaling $2502.06. They still owe me $882.56 and I was told that amount was being processed. I will say that in my three conversations with Celebrity they have been very courteous and I know it pains them, as their future is hanging in the balance. Don't know if we'll cruise again or go back to the all inclusives. Stay safe and God bless. 

On April 16th we cancelled our B2B on Reflection that is scheduled to begin on September 3rd.  This was prior to final payment.  We had only paid the $900 refundable deposit on each cruise.  Today, April 29th, we received our $1,800 credit back on our credit card.  

We booked the cruise through an online TA who dealt directly with Celebrity.  We are very happy with the length of time it took to receive the refund.  Maybe it was due to the smaller amount compared to having made final payment.  

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Hopefully mine is being worked on.    I was booked on Equinox 3/14, 3/21 and 3/28.    I received my FCC's about a month ago but no refunds of other charges yet.    I filed a dispute with Credit Card as I had 2 MoveUp bids accepted -  one on 3/13 the day they cancelled all the cruises.

I filed a dispute and I wonder if that will take the refund longer to receive back?  Do you know?

Glad to hear that refunds are coming thru for many of us.  
We cancelled a 4/19  cruise on March 20 under CWC so far we have not been refunded taxes & fees nor have we received our FCC.  We have asked our TA to check on it for us.  I called X but they say they don’t have access to the reservation that the TA will have to call them.  Hopefully our FCC will come thru soon as we want to use it for a final payment due in June.

6 hours ago, louise1809 said:

i am sure they would, was just hoping we would get a refund without having to dispute. 

I know it’s frustrating waiting for a refund that simply cannot come fast enough.

As an FYI, we cancelled our April 11/20 Equinox cruise on March 10/20 and received our refund within the 30 days that were suggested to us at the outset. We did not phone Celebrity, nor did we initiate a credit card dispute.

We also cancelled our August 30/20 Canada/New England cruise on March 6/20, before final payment was due. We received our deposit refund on March 27/20. We did not call Celebrity nor did we initiate a credit card dispute.

We are posting this to tell you that the system did work for us. We sincerely hope you receive your refund in short order, as your patience deserves to be rewarded. It hasn’t worked perfectly for everyone, but remember, this pandemic was not Celebrity’s fault, however, we firmly believe they are processing these transactions to the best of their abilities. Others may not be of similar mind and as such, are free to follow the procedures that make sense for them. 

Our fingers are crossed that you are made whole in the not too distant future.

Randy

3 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

We also cancelled our August 30/20 Canada/New England cruise on March 6/20, before final payment was due. We received our deposit refund on March 27/20. We did not call Celebrity nor did we initiate a credit card dispute.

Randy

Guess our paths won't be crossing in Boston since we cancelled the Summit cruise prior to the one you were to be on.  Did get the deposits back fairly quickly.  Still waiting for refunds of April & May cruises which were cancelled after final payment.  Lots more money involved there.  Wonder if we'll ever get to cruise again.

28 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Guess our paths won't be crossing in Boston since we cancelled the Summit cruise prior to the one you were to be on.  Did get the deposits back fairly quickly.  Still waiting for refunds of April & May cruises which were cancelled after final payment.  Lots more money involved there.  Wonder if we'll ever get to cruise again.

Linda

We believe we will get to cruise again. I thought this break in cruising would be the end of me, but strangely, I am at peace with all of this. The spring and summer will bring “staycations” to us and we will be ready to cruise again when the time is right. We still have 1 cruise booked for November of this year, 3 booked in 2021 and 1 booked in2022. 

We are ready to cruise when the cruise industry is ready for us.

Randy

• Like 2

We were scheduled for an April Cruise on the Edge and it was cancelled. We also subsequently re-booked on the Equinox for June 28 with FCC of 125%(courtesy hold with down payment due May 31)which had been received.We were first refunded Specialty dining. Early this week we received port charges/taxes credited to our Amex card. We still haven't received our pre-paid gratuities but when our TA contacted them she was notified yesterday that we should receive them within 2 weeks.  Hopefully we will have a successful re-booking.

1 hour ago, Schmoe38 said:

Linda

We believe we will get to cruise again. I thought this break in cruising would be the end of me, but strangely, I am at peace with all of this. The spring and summer will bring “staycations” to us and we will be ready to cruise again when the time is right. We still have 1 cruise booked for November of this year, 3 booked in 2021 and 1 booked in2022. 

We are ready to cruise when the cruise industry is ready for us.

Randy

I hope you're right.  I still have a November one booked, but not sure it will take place.  Moved the Iceland/Greenland cruises to next August.  Will see what happens.

2 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I hope you're right.  I still have a November one booked, but not sure it will take place.  Moved the Iceland/Greenland cruises to next August.  Will see what happens.

Yes, November of this year bothers us. If we are still up in the air when final payment comes up, we will cancel and move on to 2021.

I am very happy with Xs refund.  ABC Islands in November.  Asked TA for a refund on 4/6 ($900 fully refundable); she said to watch for the refund to credit card in 7-10 days.  Not hearing anything after 3 weeks, I contacted TA again.  She encouraged me to be patient, being certain that X would come through.

Got the refund on 4/26, so just 20 days.

Very happy.

• Like 1

We're still waiting on a full fare refund (requested March 14) of our March 21 Galapagos cruise that Celebrity cancelled.  I wonder if they're refunding all of the deposits first before focusing on those of us whom have paid in full.....maybe a little cash conservation.....?

3 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

We're still waiting on a full fare refund (requested March 14) of our March 21 Galapagos cruise that Celebrity cancelled.  I wonder if they're refunding all of the deposits first before focusing on those of us whom have paid in full.....maybe a little cash conservation.....?

I doubt it. On 28 April Celebrity credited back to my credit card my non refundable deposit and taxes for our 28 March 2020 cruise they canceled (I elected the cash refund). I guess the cruise fare for that cruise will show up on the credit card next.  We also had a 4 April 2020 cruise Celebrity cancelled and I also elected the cash refund so those refunds should be showing up next.   

Last Saturday I received a refund for everything but my Celebrity Air for my March 14th cruise.  I just want to be done with it so I filed a dispute with my credit card for the final refund amount.  Hopefully that speeds it up, but we shall see.

13 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I doubt it. On 28 April Celebrity credited back to my credit card my non refundable deposit and taxes for our 28 March 2020 cruise they canceled (I elected the cash refund). I guess the cruise fare for that cruise will show up on the credit card next.  We also had a 4 April 2020 cruise Celebrity cancelled and I also elected the cash refund so those refunds should be showing up next.   

I respectfully disagree.  Based on many, many responses on these boards and various Facebook groups, it is very clear that people getting deposits back are much, much more successful than those of us owed thousands of dollars where final payment was paid.  The true reason for this anyone can guess (the cynical me believes it is primarily to hold on to our cash longer) but there is enough evidence to suggest this is true.

• Like 2