P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Another wet miserable day here, fortunately we have nowhere that we need to go today.  We had said that we would go to do a bit of clothes shopping for OH but that can wait.

No doubt OH is relieved about that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No rain here yet but it is overcast. Darn cold is now mutating into a chest infection thank the lord for travel medicine packs there are amoxycillin in there so can get that sorted. However those sunny pictures and humour above have cheered me up. I also discovered some good cruising vlogs on youtube. Life on the sofa nursed by 3 wirey ones can only get better. 

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Have a safe journey mate ,but before you go can you nip round to Dave's ?

Not sure if he he needs a plumber /roofer or a doctor ,sounds nasty :classic_unsure:

His down pipes gone all saggy on him and it's leaking :classic_ohmy:

There, but for the grace of God...🤣

• Haha 1

A bit of news. I asked the breeder NOT  to tell me when etc as I DO really want that puppy but know its not right. So pictures banned whatever. BUT Harry is a dad twice over Mum and pups doing well. Harry? well he just rolled over when I told him!!! 

Here I am remaining positive it is just a cold. I feel very guilty, I worked in terminal care for 3 years and honestly the majority of them dealt with that better than I do a cold. My biggest hatreds are a cold and being sick..UGH.

On the award front one of the Rotary folk has been awarded an MBE. What I do know it is for his service to the community. His investiture date yet to be set. He is my "date" for the Rotary Charter night this month he contacted me today to say he has booked a limo for us and that his 4 kids and families will be there. In my cold fuddled haze I am offering prayers of gratitude that I am always black tie event ready after years of cruising. 

Emma

Thanks for the funny bits today -feeling a bit low, and just had to go to the surgery for repeat blood tests; got a bit wet as I don't walk very quickly.  (Nothing serious), just a nuisance having to schlep down there, as I have not been driving much lately and get a bit nervous on the wet roads.

It all pales into insignificance when you watch the news, however.  Please let it be sorted soon.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Thanks for the funny bits today -feeling a bit low, and just had to go to the surgery for repeat blood tests; got a bit wet as I don't walk very quickly.  (Nothing serious), just a nuisance having to schlep down there, as I have not been driving much lately and get a bit nervous on the wet roads.

It all pales into insignificance when you watch the news, however.  Please let it be sorted soon.

Got to agree I am very worried by the news and guilty that I am such a wuzz with what is just a cold/chest infection. Many many years ago I did some volunteering for Medicin sans Frontieres. I have just put the phone down from my cousin who wants me to dissuade her doctor daughter (based in Darwin Australia) from volunteering for this crisis with them. Knowing my goddaughter I may as well hope I never get another cold and nope never would. War is awful, the sights I saw in my time were dreadful but even now if I was still registered I would do it again. 

Emma - congratulations on becoming a grand-dog-mother!  How many pups and how many boys and girls?  

We’ve had a dull old day, weather-wise, but it was dry for us to get out this afternoon.  The mud is back though 😕

There don’t seem to be so many good funnies around.  Not surprising I suppose but we need a bit of levity in our lives.  So

2139334F-C7EB-4FA4-9A51-064A2B3F276F.jpeg.c12f8920e40cacc7250d315baf5a8c35.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

Graham thanks but no thanks required if you can and are able often it is a very challenging but intrinsic part of what you signed up to do as a DR. I know i moan about my cold, now a nasty chest infection but if I could i would be there in a moment. Once you retire you are off the UK register. 

45 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Graham thanks but no thanks required if you can and are able often it is a very challenging but intrinsic part of what you signed up to do as a DR. I know i moan about my cold, now a nasty chest infection but if I could i would be there in a moment. Once you retire you are off the UK register. 

Get some nice hot chicken soup Emma it works wonders on a cold :classic_smile:

Don't stress and your cold will soon be gone just like a few posts:classic_wink: :classic_smile:

• Like 6

Just now, ccpm said:

Thanks all it has got worse.  Brother has collected me (and the dogs) I will be soon admitted in Northampton.

Sorry to hear that.  I hope that you will soon be feeling better and that you are allowed home.  I will be thinking of you.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Thanks all it has got worse.  Brother has collected me (and the dogs) I will be soon admitted in Northampton.

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling any better. Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope you and your dogs are home soon. Wishing you well.

Pam

• Like 6