P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 hours ago, kalos said:

Hi, I hope everyone is doing ok today . Yesterday was a surprise for Mrs K for 

our anniversary as she is a big fan of Art Deco  era and I managed to find a 

four star hotel not to far away that fitted the bill .

The Sunday lunches were out of this world , veg etc ,served like P&O used to

serve. As a further treat we stayed for the night and the breakfast was just as good , 

just about everything on offer as well as fish . I like cruising but for the time being  

I could get used to these staycations . Just had a nice walk around a park next door ,

soon be time for lunch , me thinks the chippy is on the menu today . Catch you all later .:classic_love:

CLOCK.thumb.jpg.ad496683be3701b070d41ca27053099f.jpg

038.thumb.jpg.469c75f0f2155d3aacc7ea2fd485b57f.jpg

1051493130_MEBREKIE.thumb.jpg.10738596ed9d787b75639c14d316a41a.jpg

116.jpg.07bca6cb2ca416072f61700768b7cdeb.jpg

Nice surprise. Happy anniversary........not the Midland in Morecambe is it ?🎊

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, zap99 said:

No it's local just around the corner from Donny race course, twenty minutes from home. 

Amazing what you find on Google :classic_love:

• Like 1

Just now, kalos said:

No it's local just around the corner from Donny race course, twenty minutes from home. 

Amazing what you find on Google :classic_love:

It looked nice. I like an Art Deco hotel. There is a nice one in Bournemouth and a very nice one on Burgh Island in South Devon, just around the headland from Jean........where she gone..?🤔

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, zap99 said:

It looked nice. I like an Art Deco hotel. There is a nice one in Bournemouth and a very nice one on Burgh Island in South Devon, just around the headland from Jean........where she gone..?🤔

Dunno maybe she's on tour :classic_unsure:

114.jpg.ada99966be00917bef1941c15902f266.jpg117.jpg.f6ef3d56f9f3a153d65076190dbcb932.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Love the Midland, we have stayed there a number of times. Have you stayed there Zapp and played at hunt the bathroom?

Kalos hotel looks amazing, have a lovely time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Love the Midland, we have stayed there a number of times. Have you stayed there Zapp and played at hunt the bathroom?

Kalos hotel looks amazing, have a lovely time.

Not yet, but it's on the list.

We have a beautiful sunny morning that I am hoping will last because Tuesday is a bowling day for us oldies in Stoke-on-Trent and it will make a nice change to be warm and dry, especially as I was checking my bowling bag this morning and found that my fold away waterproof jacket is missing.

I hope you all have a good day in the sun whatever you have planned for today.

• Like 8

Morning. I have a day off grandson duties today so was hoping for a lie in, but my son text me early with his wordle score 🙄 so I’m now up editing more Norway photos.

For anyone interested in seeing an unedited video of the ride down on the troll cars from Briksdal glacier, Norway, in the pouring rain, my husband has posted a video on YouTube 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, zap99 said:

Not yet, but it's on the list.

Depending on the room you get you will have fun finding the bathroom as it is hidden behind a wooden panel that pulls out. It’s well worth paying for a forward facing room or you get a view of the car park.

The rooms are really quirky and the Art Deco detail just lovely. Good afternoon tea too.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kalos said:

Hi, I hope everyone is doing ok today . Yesterday was a surprise for Mrs K for 

our anniversary as she is a big fan of Art Deco  era and I managed to find a 

four star hotel not to far away that fitted the bill .

The Sunday lunches were out of this world , veg etc ,served like P&O used to

serve. As a further treat we stayed for the night and the breakfast was just as good , 

just about everything on offer as well as fish . I like cruising but for the time being  

I could get used to these staycations . Just had a nice walk around a park next door ,

soon be time for lunch , me thinks the chippy is on the menu today . Catch you all later .:classic_love:

CLOCK.thumb.jpg.ad496683be3701b070d41ca27053099f.jpg

038.thumb.jpg.469c75f0f2155d3aacc7ea2fd485b57f.jpg

1051493130_MEBREKIE.thumb.jpg.10738596ed9d787b75639c14d316a41a.jpg

116.jpg.07bca6cb2ca416072f61700768b7cdeb.jpg

Happy anniversary to you both, glad you enjoyed yourselves 🥂🥂 Looks lovely, I like Art Deco too.

• Thanks 1

I’m hoping to have a good day off today, at the moment I’m enjoying an hour in my sunny garden after doing some washing and doing a final sort of holiday clothes.

John booked a last minute day off for today so I’ve told him I’m having an hour out here while it’s relatively quiet and then we need a brief shopping trip.

I’ve left him muttering and cursing as he always leaves his holiday organisation to the last minute! 
Sorry those in the North who haven’t got warmth, we’ve only had the odd day here and there so far and haven’t had two nice days together yet this ‘summer’.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Depending on the room you get you will have fun finding the bathroom as it is hidden behind a wooden panel that pulls out. It’s well worth paying for a forward facing room or you get a view of the car park.

The rooms are really quirky and the Art Deco detail just lovely. Good afternoon tea too.

Thanks for the tip.I like a nice view of the carpark, but prefer afternoon tea. On a diet at the moment. 4 weeks til Norway, so I need to lose the weight I added in Cornwall. It would be nice to get ahead for once. How does the hidden bathroom work at 3.00 am?🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, True Devonian said:

We have just returned home from a drive over the border from Devon to Dulverton in Somerset in our 1993 Rover mini (think of the Italian Job!!) to celebrate her passing the MOT, with a drink by the river whilst enjoying the sunshine.

A proper mini then!!! Fun cars to drive. Much better than the imitation ones built today.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, True Devonian said:

We have just returned home from a drive over the border from Devon to Dulverton in Somerset in our 1993 Rover mini (think of the Italian Job!!) to celebrate her passing the MOT, with a drink by the river whilst enjoying the sunshine.

2 hours ago, Palaceman said:

A proper mini then!!! Fun cars to drive. Much better than the imitation ones built today.

Well, my first car was an Austin Mini Traveller, 1965 (ish). Starter motor button on the floor, sliding windows that let the rain in, and door pockets where the aforesaid rain collected. I used to put foam rubber in the door pockets to absorb  the  rain water.

And let's not start about the rusting sub frame, and trying to change the spark plugs without removing the radiator grille. As to the brakes - I don't know where to start, let alone stop !

And yet, I used to drive it from Colchester to Lancaster, no M62 in those days,  and it never let me down. 

But "fun to drive " - absolutely not !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Just watched the brilliant cricket result!  Not often at present there is anything to shout about.

I went into dentist at about 3:30, score was around 120 for 4, I went to post office after dentist visit, when I got home Bairstow was in full flow, an amazing afternoon of cricket and what an innings from Jonny Bairstow which almost broke the record for the fastest ever century by an English male batter, a record held by Gilbert Jessop back in 1906 of 76 balls, Bairstow took 77. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Well, my first car was an Austin Mini Traveller, 1965 (ish). Starter motor button on the floor, sliding windows that let the rain in, and door pockets where the aforesaid rain collected. I used to put foam rubber in the door pockets to absorb  the  rain water.

And let's not start about the rusting sub frame, and trying to change the spark plugs without removing the radiator grille. As to the brakes - I don't know where to start, let alone stop !

And yet, I used to drive it from Colchester to Lancaster, no M62 in those days,  and it never let me down. 

But "fun to drive " - absolutely not !

First road car was a gold Vauxhall Viva, I did like my minis though, I used to extend the runners on the floor so I could get the seat back far enough to get my long gangly legs in, it was like driving a go kart, great in the snow though with a pair of town and countries on the front. However the heater and windscreen wipers were a bit iffy, not to mention the hours changing subframes.