P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

20 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I have had 2 Tesco xmas deliveries and basically I bought far too much stuff. This will be my 3rd xmas alone and I intend to keep things simple. A nice ribeye steak and bottle of Shiraz for xmas day and maybe a mince pie or two. I have booked a xmas/new year Canaries cruise for next year as the previous ones were enjoyable.

Yes I also have bought too much previously. This year I’m just getting a normal sized chicken plus a few extras (stuffing, sausages etc). Nothing else special….. 

Edit - note to self, must not talk about Christmas for at least another 2 months!!

Edited by Angel57
An edit added
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

I was but the visit to the shops has exhausted me. I managed to keep away from everyone though. A Tesco delivery order for Tuesday is my plan for this afternoon and dozing/kindle reading

Feel better soon Dave.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

A very early morning to you. As usual I go off to sleep quite quick nowadays but now wake up often at 3 or 4am wide awake!

Hubby’s birthday this week so we might,  just might, go away for one night! Can I trust my parents to be left?! They are still taking up a lot of our time but I’ve got irrationally annoyed that my sister (who lives 2 hours away) has just booked a week in Kos in 2 weeks time!! 

Sunday we are going to our son’s for a birthday dinner for John so looking forward to that.

Happy birthday to John.

Screenshot_20211206_183417.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

This year I’m just getting a normal sized chicken plus a few extras (stuffing, sausages etc). Nothing else special….. 

Go Gill treat yourself , if you want some money saving tips ... 

If you want to save money this Christmas. Now is the perfect time to tell the kids...
Santa didn't make it through the pandemic.. They will understand 😉

To save even more money I made myself a pair of glasses out of 2 old ketchup bottles.

In Heinz-sight I should have just bought a proper pair from Specsavers :classic_unsure:
  • Like 1
  • Haha 16

25 minutes ago, kalos said:

Go Gill treat yourself , if you want some money saving tips ... 

If you want to save money this Christmas. Now is the perfect time to tell the kids...
Santa didn't make it through the pandemic.. They will understand 😉

To save even more money I made myself a pair of glasses out of 2 old ketchup bottles.

In Heinz-sight I should have just bought a proper pair from Specsavers :classic_unsure:

That made me laugh out loud………thank you. Needed that as it is my birthday today and most of my cards have got held up in the postal strike (at least that is what I hope the reason is🤣) . So I’m ignoring it altogether and I am not going to be a year older!! 😃

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

That made me laugh out loud………thank you. Needed that as it is my birthday today and most of my cards have got held up in the postal strike (at least that is what I hope the reason is🤣) . So I’m ignoring it altogether and I am not going to be a year older!! 😃

Happy birthday Gill.

98A89CFC-4E2D-43FB-9727-12DBCD01770C.jpeg.fe4ce792e3b1f28a21a73e03e616a64e.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Happy Birthday 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.b6a87a7b86489331ce094868baa061b6.gifHave a good one 😊

21 minutes ago, happy v said:

and me? 'cos we are going too😀

Happy cruising  .... Happy V 😁😍

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

I booked my Waitrose Christmas slot (still £3 delivery) a few days ago - I do have them deliver every 9 days so not sure if that makes a difference……

I was able to book mine a few days ago - before the general booking, as being a 'priority' customer.  Maybe you are too, Angel57.  I just looked, and it is obviously open, and fully booked after about 20th!  But still £3 for delivery.

And thank you all for cheering me up; feeling a bit better today, and have just been invited to a village event and said I will go; this takes some courage for me, as Ii have been pretty well housebound for about three years, for various reasons.  Recently, however, I have been meeting friends and driving again, plus staying occasionally with children for a few nights (they do not live near me).

Happy Birthday, Angel!☺️

• Like 15

39 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Happy birthday 🥳 🎂 xx

There’s supposed to be a postal strike on my birthday in a few weeks too 🙄

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I was able to book mine a few days ago

Oooh... I pay monthly too for deliveries but Waitrose, when I go into it, says they are not releasing dates here till the first week for November.  They also say that they could all go within minutes!

I don't know what my daughter wants so on "the other site" where I have saved a slot I have ordered £100 of cat food and will edit later!!  Well I didn't want to lose the slot!!!🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Happy birthday. 21?.

5 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Oooh... I pay monthly too for deliveries but Waitrose, when I go into it, says they are not releasing dates here till the first week for November.  They also say that they could all go within minutes!

I don't know what my daughter wants so on "the other site" where I have saved a slot I have ordered £100 of cat food and will edit later!!  Well I didn't want to lose the slot!!!🤣

Don't forget to cancel your catfood and put the proper order in.  I usually put two bottles of expensive gin in, as a 'keeper', as £40 is the Waitrose minimum, then put the real food in the day before.  In the past I have not been able to get orders anywhere near Christmas, but (with good reason) we were put on 'priority' some time ago, and I do have an order delivered pretty much once a week, as I can't lug heavy bags around.  The staff and pickers and drivers at my store are fantastic; so nice and efficient.  I always send Head Office a glowing report on them, at Christmas.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I was able to book mine a few days ago - before the general booking, as being a 'priority' customer.  Maybe you are too, Angel57.  I just looked, and it is obviously open, and fully booked after about 20th!  But still £3 for delivery.

Yes, same here for deliveries - all Waitrose slots on 21/22/23/24 gone.
I got 22nd Dec which suits me fine.

Enjoy the village event.

x

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Yes I also have bought too much previously. This year I’m just getting a normal sized chicken plus a few extras (stuffing, sausages etc). Nothing else special….. 

Edit - note to self, must not talk about Christmas for at least another 2 months!!

never mind it will soon be easter

• Like 1
  • Haha 7