Jump to content
  • Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips
,

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Host Sharon
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

 mmmmm they look like posh finger sandwiches!😀

 

Hope you enjoyed them in those beautiful surroundings.

Just crustless sandwich bread from an Italian supermarket.Corned beef not my first choice but out of date stuff we're bringing home from our home comforts.My Mrs likes corned beef.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

To be fair, it would be more of a waste if people forgot their appointments. 

Just surprised that they don't use an automatic calling system, where you get a call and have to press "1" to confirm that you will be attending.

I had my annual blood tests & BP check this morning, I  got a text msg on Saturday to remind me. Got there at 8:55 & sat down for approx 30 secs, just enough time to turn sound off on mobile, before I was called in. New practice took bloods, then BP, advised me I was due for shingles vaccine and that they expect to get flu vaccine in this week so I should expect a call. With Covid Booster, Flu and Shingles jabs I will be leaking like a sieve. 😅

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lovely pics., Brian  - pity one is sideways on.  Do they still actually make Blue |Nun?

 

The corned beef sarnies seen against that background do look like a typically British trip abroad, don't they?  Just like most of us, taking the Heinz beans everywhere we go.  Not knocking them, they are good and better than a French motorway baguette with no butter and just a bit of ham in.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A thought, having just done this daily job myself.  Living on my own, I send an email to my kids every morning when I wake, around 6, so they know I have survived the night.  Free and easy.  (No message, just a M for mum).  They can then not worry about me for the rest of their day, as soon as they look at their phone or whatever.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2022 at 8:18 AM, wowzz said:

To be fair, it would be more of a waste if people forgot their appointments. 

Just surprised that they don't use an automatic calling system, where you get a call and have to press "1" to confirm that you will be attending.


I book blood tests in my job, if the patient agrees to give us their mobile number they get a text immediately and then another text is sent the day before. Works well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning everyone who’s been getting them zzzzz’s in , I’ve been up all night taking my husband to Gatwick airport to fly out to fuerteventura because his dad is in hospital, we got a phone call at 9 last night from sister and said he’d been in all day and staying in  and he’s asked for Andy ( his son) so he’s gone this morning, it is a bit of deja vu from last year when we were getting ready to go on a cruise in September and his mum took I’ll and sadly died when we were on the cruise, and again we’re going on a cruise in two weeks time !! , I’m staying here for the rest of the week until Monday and will go out on Monday if he’s still in hospital hopefully not 🙏.


Anyway have a good day everyone and Zapp enjoy your cruise, 

Safe driving home Brian love the Moselle valley camped at night along the river when we were younger .

lincslady that’s a lovely thought sending a quick m every morning to ease ther minds .

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

A thought, having just done this daily job myself.

 

 

Such a good idea Lincslady and so simple.   

 

It can be such a rush around in the morning  with everyone getting ready for school or work

this simple trick puts minds at rest  in sometimes pandemonium (well it was in our house sometimes!😀)

 

Hope all goes well Purdey and you can have your holiday x

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The same thoughts to Purdey as well - that seems like really bad luck.

 

It was my children who suggested the email - of course, I am one aged parent who is on the internet, not everyone is.  When my own mother was on her own and elderly I used to give her three rings on the phone at 8.30 each day, and she would give three back; no charge for unanswered calls.  This is of course much easier, and they don't need to look until they are awake and ready.  They both live a good way away from me, in different directions, so could not get here in a hurry, but we have contingency arrangements.  I have forgotten once or twice, and DIL emailed an hour later to check on me!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, lincslady said:

The same thoughts to Purdey as well - that seems like really bad luck.

 

It was my children who suggested the email - of course, I am one aged parent who is on the internet, not everyone is.  When my own mother was on her own and elderly I used to give her three rings on the phone at 8.30 each day, and she would give three back; no charge for unanswered calls.  This is of course much easier, and they don't need to look until they are awake and ready.  They both live a good way away from me, in different directions, so could not get here in a hurry, but we have contingency arrangements.  I have forgotten once or twice, and DIL emailed an hour later to check on me!

Good idea - good system!  
 

My wife exchanges emails two or three times a day with a really nice lady we met on a cruise a few years back. She’s an early riser for her dogs, and if there’s no email by 0700 we start to worry about her. She was married when we met, but her husband, sadly, ran off with another woman. Not quite the usual story - she was in her eighties and he was in his early sixties. Adapting to living without a partner must be an enormous adjustment to make, particularly when it’s the result of a deliberate act.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone who’s been getting them zzzzz’s in , I’ve been up all night taking my husband to Gatwick airport to fly out to fuerteventura because his dad is in hospital, we got a phone call at 9 last night from sister and said he’d been in all day and staying in  and he’s asked for Andy ( his son) so he’s gone this morning, it is a bit of deja vu from last year when we were getting ready to go on a cruise in September and his mum took I’ll and sadly died when we were on the cruise, and again we’re going on a cruise in two weeks time !! , I’m staying here for the rest of the week until Monday and will go out on Monday if he’s still in hospital hopefully not 🙏.


Anyway have a good day everyone and Zapp enjoy your cruise, 

Safe driving home Brian love the Moselle valley camped at night along the river when we were younger .

lincslady that’s a lovely thought sending a quick m every morning to ease ther minds .

That’s a really tough situation for you all to handle. I do hope there’s a positive outcome.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance - Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com - November 2022
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2022
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...