P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

13 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

The odd thing with key fobs is that if the battery’s apparently failed and won’t operate unlock the car, it will often work if you hold it against your head.

It amplifies the signal (and probably fries your brain).

If you have a Honda like Pete you'll wake up speaking fluent electronic Japanese.I had a Mondeo and still speak Dagenese.

• Haha 6

Morning

Good start to the day, no cold running water in our area, apparently there’s a burst water main in a nearby area that is affecting us. Fortunately we had enough bottled water to make a cup of tea, I cant function without a cuppa in the morning.

I’m still coughing badly & exhausted, fed up with it now, plus I’m looking after our 2 year old grandson today 🥴 

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

The battery in my key fob stopped working last week, a quick trip to the dealership, battery changed, in and out in about 20 mins

Michelle

For anyone living a distance from their nearest dealership, both Timpsons (£10) and my local hardware/key cutter shop (£5) will supply and fit new batteries. The chap in the hardware shop followed the instructions in a youtube video and it's working fine.:classic_wacko:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

Good start to the day, no cold running water in our area, apparently there’s a burst water main in a nearby area that is affecting us. Fortunately we had enough bottled water to make a cup of tea, I cant function without a cuppa in the morning.

I’m still coughing badly & exhausted, fed up with it now, plus I’m looking after our 2 year old grandson today 🥴 

Sorry to hear about your cough. Same here but feeling better and only one red line this morning, almost, the second one was so faint i could hardly see it 🤞

Can't go for a Costa anyway as the busses are on strike. Plenty of food available but i might have a trip out Sunday as I have to pay the final £50 of the deposit on my xmas 2023 cruise. 

I am going to cancel my Iona January Canary Islands cruise as with various expenses it would mean forking out nearly £3000 which I think would be better spent during the summer season. Plus i have a 14 night Marella fly cruise in Nov/Dec to the Canaries already paid for and Explorer is one of my favourite ships. I do like Iona though and have a 14 nighter on Arvia next April.

• Like 3

Morning, hope they get your water back on soon @SarahHben. We’ve got a natural water Shute by us so no worries about no cups of tea we get cut off, in fact the tap water started tasting a bit grim so we’ve resorted to boiling some up & drinking that, all our neighbours do the same. & quite a few cars arrive to fill up bottles & demijohns, thinking we should do a Dellboy & start bottling & selling it! 😅

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

45 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Graham. You normally show us a picture of your adventures, but please.. please..not this one.🤣

Hi Zap I hope your cruise was amazing.

Recently our cc friends have been talking about their doctors surgery.

My vaccine jabs were done on time at 4pm and there was 4 lovely nurses in the room so no shortage of staff.

I had the flu jab first in my left arm and then  the new Moderna double booster jab in my right arm.

I have a slight soreness this morning where the Moderna was injected and so far that is it 🤞.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

If you have a Honda like Pete you'll wake up speaking fluent electronic Japanese.I had a Mondeo and still speak Dagenese.

We have had several Renaults in the last 20 years but I cannot speak much French.

It is 13°C and the rain is pouring down here.

Our close is full of fallen leaves.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

Hope you get your water back on soon and that you start feeling better soon, it’s exhausting coughing all the time.

Have a lovely time with your grandson today, I am sure he will cheer you up

Michelle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning

Hope you get your water back soon and feel better soon. Have a good day with your grandson.

Had a text from my daughter in Australia to say she is flying back this month.

A nice sunny day down here and mild.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 6

Morning

Have you had a word with the doctor about your cough Sarah? You may need some antibiotics. It's worth a quick phone call just in case. Better safe than sorry.

It'll put my mind at rest as well😉

Take care.x

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have excelled myself this morning and reached a new height of stupidity.  I put a hat with a pompom on it in the washing machine the pompom disintegrated and blocked the filter so DH had to get up early to drag the machine out from under the work top and take it apart to clean the filter so he is less than pleased.☹️

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

I caught Covid in early July and had a lingering cough for weeks. I contacted my doctors three weeks ago, immediate referral for a chest Xray, which was done within a week. Result is no problems with my lungs and the cough has now gone. At least I have reassurance my lungs are okay.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I caught Covid in early July and had a lingering cough for weeks. I contacted my doctors three weeks ago, immediate referral for a chest Xray, which was done within a week. Result is no problems with my lungs and the cough has now gone. At least I have reassurance my lungs are okay.

Same happened to me after having you know what in May, two courses of antibiotics and one course of steroids to clear it. 

Started coughing again five weeks ago, two courses of “domestos strength” antibiotics as the Dr put it and a chest x-ray(clear) to clear it.

Michelle 

• Like 5

Just had some sad news, my neighbour past last night. He fought cancer for 4 years, tragic to see him suffer, he raced his beloved racing car up to the end of last season even though he was unable to move far with the pain of cancer & arthritis bless him. The comfort for his wife is that he came home from hospital just a few days ago & he died where he wanted to be & now he’s at peace.

Thank goodness the sun is shining. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, AnnieC said:

For anyone living a distance from their nearest dealership, both Timpsons (£10) and my local hardware/key cutter shop (£5) will supply and fit new batteries. The chap in the hardware shop followed the instructions in a youtube video and it's working fine.:classic_wacko:

It's very easy to change the batteries, and far cheaper as well, even at Sainsburys battery prices.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

It's very easy to change the batteries, and far cheaper as well, even at Sainsburys battery prices.

The main dealer who changed mine charged £10 to supply the correct batteries and fit them in each key. I considered this to be very reasonable, especially for the knowledge that it had all been done properly and without the need for video instructions. I don’t get the idea of spending many thousands of pounds on a car and trying to save a couple of quid on batteries needed to actually use it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

Just had some sad news, my neighbour past last night. He fought cancer for 4 years, tragic to see him suffer, he raced his beloved racing car up to the end of last season even though he was unable to move far with the pain of cancer & arthritis bless him. The comfort for his wife is that he came home from hospital just a few days ago & he died where he wanted to be & now he’s at peace.

Thank goodness the sun is shining. 

I'm sorry to hear your sad news about your neighbour passing last night.

My mam and Pauline's dad died of cancer and we know the heartbreak of them suffering.

Sending your neighbours wife and family our prayers 🙏 and condolences for their loss.

Graham 

• Like 4

I’ve just got back from Stoke after getting the car dealership to diagnose my faulty key fob. They changed the batteries during its service 3 weeks ago which is why I ruled out low battery level but apparently they had a “bad batch” of batteries ! So batteries changed again diagnostics done on the car and hopefully will be ok now. I don’t know what they mean by bad batch of batteries, not sufficient output maybe?

• Like 3

We had a surprise visit from my niece and her dog this morning.  I just knew when I saw her that it would involve work for me.  I now have trousers and a skirt to alter for her daughter and 4 bras to add prosthesis pockets to.  It's a good job I love her.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

On a positive note, spent the morning looking through photos as it’s my big sisters 60th tomorrow, found all sorts of lovely memories! 

Your sister is 3 weeks older than me. Mine is later in October on the same day as Graham if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Changed ours on out Renault keycards a number of times over the years, takes around 2 mins max, the receptionist on the Service Desk showed us how to do it a few years ago. When I switch to Toyota in December I will need to learn a new way of battery changing. 😬