P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

38 minutes ago, ccpm said:

And just to add I am able to cruise because I found an insurer and agreed to the whooping premiums just because I could but my brother and I want to do these times together and my SIL is gracious enough to look after the low riders while we do. It might be 5 weeks 5 months or 5 years and yes of course i realise how lucky I am.

Nice to hear from you Emma.

I'm sorry to hear your health issues.

I'm pleased you are still able to cruise and spend time with your brother and wish you both a wonderful cruise and hopefully you have many more cruises to enjoy.

Very best wishes.

Graham x

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ccpm said:

Long time no post. Short story major health issues. Result moved to Olney in Bucks as close to my brother. House in Holt still with me but may well be sold when I have the strength to deal with it. My low riders have been a bit taken aback but Brother and wife have been sterling. They woofs are with me in the new house and all is well. Have i cruised? Yes I have Brother and I did a very cheap Ventura cruise in September. I had a cruise booked late November and as it is now been sold through I have cancelled and we have rebooked a suite for 3 weeks sewing 2  cruises together. SIL did  not want to come so she is dog sitting.  Think that is all my uneventful update

Emma 

You’ve been missed Emma so it is great to see you posting again.

I am so sorry your health has not been good, but it is great you have a supportive Brother and SiL and even better that you are cruising again.

None of us know what the future holds which is why we have to grab life with both hands and enjoy it.

Gill x

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Caullkhead said:

@purplesea can your daughter not book at st Clare or is she not with Atlantic? St just chemist sent out a text yesterday to say they are taking bookings ( although they seem to be permanently short on the pharmacist recently so maybe not) 

I took her to St. Clare medical centre for her covid vaccination last week. She is registered in Truro as that is were she was living and hoping to move back to. The problem is finding somewhere on the NHS that has vacancies and transporation as she doesn't drive. As she has MS the appointment she was offerd by Boots was too close too close to her next round of treatment. Thank you for your suggestion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ccpm said:

Long time no post. Short story major health issues. Result moved to Olney in Bucks as close to my brother. House in Holt still with me but may well be sold when I have the strength to deal with it. My low riders have been a bit taken aback but Brother and wife have been sterling. They woofs are with me in the new house and all is well. Have i cruised? Yes I have Brother and I did a very cheap Ventura cruise in September. I had a cruise booked late November and as it is now been sold through I have cancelled and we have rebooked a suite for 3 weeks sewing 2  cruises together. SIL did  not want to come so she is dog sitting.  Think that is all my uneventful update

Emma 

Sorry the hear about your health issues, but you are sounding very positive.

Take care.

• Like 4

Emma!  It was only last week or so we were wondering where you were.

Sorry that you’re not so well but it’s good that you are able to enjoy things.  Respec’ (as the young people would say) to your SiL for holding the fort and dog-sitting whilst you get the most from your cruising.  Life’s for living, isn’t it?

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Hi Pete14,

That's a posh seagull !

Does he know he is at the seaside ???

😉

I now know why we chose metal poles for the feeders. An old broom handle wouldn’t last 5 minutes with William the posh seagull around. Funnily enough, I did forensically question him about his identity, his location and his appearance. He wasn’t very communicative but I think he said he thought it was a formal night because he was all dressed up. 😇😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

52 minutes ago, pete14 said:

He wasn’t very communicative but I think he said he thought it was a formal night because he was all dressed up. 😇😇

That's one smart bird you had there Pete . I love people who feed the birds ,I once watched a film where a old man was feeding the birds ,those vultures don't mess about do they 😙

Funny how our lives are entwined with animals ,I even dream about them ,only last  night I dreamt I was horse ...That's four  nights on the trot !😉

As for talking woodpeckers I can well believe it ,I once had a snail knock on our door late at night, which annoyed me, so I picked the little guy up and threw him as far as I could . Four years later I had another knock at the door, he said.... "What you do that for ? "😊:classic_unsure:

That's enough of my crap Hope you and everyone else and the woodpecker have a great day !

Take care :classic_love:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

Many still doing Wordle?  Wife and I still doing it every morning.  We use the same start word, and ‘compete’. 

Her approach is different from mine, in that while I just look at the logical possibilities for words without anything extraneous, she links words with what’s going on around her. She’s frequently more successful.

This morning, her chosen start word was based on something I’d just said - and she got it in one go! First time ever, but now no gameplay.

Seemed impossible, but actually it’s only a 1 in around 2315 chance, because there are apparently only around that number of possibilities within Wordle. She wants to do the lottery now, feeling lucky, but that’s around 1 in 140,000,000 for the jackpot. Rather lower chances!

• Like 4

Still do Wordle

Usually complete on line 3 or 4

I have two different opening gambits - one uses the same two words on lines 1 and 2.  They use all the vowels and five well-used consonants.

The other opening is to use a particular word with three vowels and see what happens

I enjoy Quardle, which is a 4 word wordle-style “crossword”

and Phrazle, which is self-explanatory 

and Squareword, which is a 5x5 grid, which I’ve only just discovered and still learning the technique 

Happy puzzling!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ccpm said:

Thank you I never want to be negative but always truthful.So I am not going to get better BUT I am going to make the most of everything. Hope that isn't too maudlin 

17 hours ago, ccpm said:

And just to add I am able to cruise because I found an insurer and agreed to the whooping premiums just because I could but my brother and I want to do these times together and my SIL is gracious enough to look after the low riders while we do. It might be 5 weeks 5 months or 5 years and yes of course i realise how lucky I am.

Have a wonderful time cruising with your brother.  We look forward to hearing of those adventures, and of the shoreside ones with the low riders!  Take care

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Enough to make ordinary garden birds green with envy!

image.thumb.jpeg.bd5248975e3e5efaa56a424c8594f02b.jpeg

Not the Norwegian green, closely related to the Norwegian blue that spends it’s time pining for the fjords and falling off it’s perch, especially when ‘shagged out’ after an especially long squawk?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Not the Norwegian green, closely related to the Norwegian blue that spends it’s time pining for the fjords and falling off it’s perch, especially when ‘shagged out’ after an especially long squawk?

You're absolutely correct... it's not.

It's none other than a rather intelligent Psittacula krameri which has worked out exactly how to operate those feeders designed to stop bigger birds! A creature with the attributes that we all want; good looks, intelligence an air of excitements and a little bit of cute humour as well!

DSC_3520.thumb.jpeg.180f335fdbf2e9ab28765b45390dc1cf.jpeg

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

You're absolutely correct... it's not.

It's none other than a rather intelligent Psittacula krameri which has worked out exactly how to operate those feeders designed to stop bigger birds! A creature with the attributes that we all want; good looks, intelligence an air of excitements and a little bit of cute humour as well!

DSC_3520.thumb.jpeg.180f335fdbf2e9ab28765b45390dc1cf.jpeg

Intelligent, good looks, air of excitement and cute humour. Sounds like a few who post on here! No suggestions please, I don’t want to be overwhelmed with compliments. 🥴🫣

Edited by pete14
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Many still doing Wordle?  Wife and I still doing it every morning.  We use the same start word, and ‘compete’. 

Her approach is different from mine, in that while I just look at the logical possibilities for words without anything extraneous, she links words with what’s going on around her. She’s frequently more successful.

This morning, her chosen start word was based on something I’d just said - and she got it in one go! First time ever, but now no gameplay.

Seemed impossible, but actually it’s only a 1 in around 2315 chance, because there are apparently only around that number of possibilities within Wordle. She wants to do the lottery now, feeling lucky, but that’s around 1 in 140,000,000 for the jackpot. Rather lower chances!

My niece and I do it daily and when we have done it we block out the letters and whatshap it to each other, when we have both finished we whatshap our resultsto compare.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Wordle and Quordle are my first tea break of the day treats.  I’ve a 99% success rate with Wordle but I’m trying to lift my Quordle rating from 97% to 98% (made errors in the early days before I’d worked out my strategy).

With Wordle I pick the first word that pops into my head with 2 vowels and 3 consonants and take it from there.  I’m more rigid with Quordle.

When I had my shoulder replacement surgery 8 weeks ago and had to be at the hospital for 7.30 am, you would have found me doing them at 6.30 am; I was that keen not to miss a day …… and I’m only playing against myself, but occasionally I boast to DH and watch as his eyes glaze over!  He does manage to find some words of praise though, because he knows it’s expected 😄

I’m now going to check out the others that Eddie99 has mentioned 👍

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

Wordle and Quordle are my first tea break of the day treats.  I’ve a 99% success rate with Wordle but I’m trying to lift my Quordle rating from 97% to 98% (made errors in the early days before I’d worked out my strategy).

With Wordle I pick the first word that pops into my head with 2 vowels and 3 consonants and take it from there.  I’m more rigid with Quordle.

When I had my shoulder replacement surgery 8 weeks ago and had to be at the hospital for 7.30 am, you would have found me doing them at 6.30 am; I was that keen not to miss a day …… and I’m only playing against myself, but occasionally I boast to DH and watch as his eyes glaze over!  He does manage to find some words of praise though, because he knows it’s expected 😄

I’m now going to check out the others that Eddie99 has mentioned 👍

It's interesting the different strategies used.  I start with the first 5 letter word I hear when I switch the news on, my niece says that she uses the first word that she thinks of after she has kicked the children  out of the car at school.  My husband only occasionally does wordle and doesn't have a strategy but he does a similar thing where you have to find the name of footballers, which I have no interest in whatsoever.

• Like 1