P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

We're staying at our daughters in Sevenoaks.She took my Mrs to lunch inIMG-20230224-WA00011091.thumb.jpg.48601421f76da597276f3e7362b2dee9.jpg20230224_1240521092.thumb.jpg.67e91993bfbad99225d4db565b5cd831.jpg20230224_1304421096.thumb.jpg.d77acae71513e76eb64d1c69002e7d7c.jpg20230224_1304471097.thumb.jpg.715dbb43b9e49249c547cc3410f89851.jpg a posh restaurant in Tonbridge Wells.I stayed in with a carton of M&S soup and a roll.It was for Mothers day though.Cheese soufle,posh fish cake with poached egg and some fancy salads.I should be a food critic,lol.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, brian1 said:

When did this new rule come in,people have always mentioned names of restaurants and venues on here.Brian.

You are right. I have just re read it, and it does only apply to travel companies. Thanks I thought it was everything 

27 minutes ago, happy v said:

You are right. I have just re read it, and it does only apply to travel companies. Thanks I thought it was everything 

Good,you can carry on pestering Graham now to divulge his secret restaurant.Lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

We're staying at our daughters in Sevenoaks.She took my Mrs to lunch inIMG-20230224-WA00011091.thumb.jpg.48601421f76da597276f3e7362b2dee9.jpg20230224_1240521092.thumb.jpg.67e91993bfbad99225d4db565b5cd831.jpg20230224_1304421096.thumb.jpg.d77acae71513e76eb64d1c69002e7d7c.jpg20230224_1304471097.thumb.jpg.715dbb43b9e49249c547cc3410f89851.jpg a posh restaurant in Tonbridge Wells.I stayed in with a carton of M&S soup and a roll.It was for Mothers day though.Cheese soufle,posh fish cake with poached egg and some fancy salads.I should be a food critic,lol.

It was the Ivy for all you Kent folk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Wow. You've seen the best of the best Zap. Did you ever go to The Roundhouse in Camden for the Sunday concerts? They were great too - a bit progressive but some great bands. Having said that it was a real hippy hang-out and the air was thick with the smell of illegal smoke. Maybe that's why I enjoyed them so much! Central London is, and never will be, the same again. Now it's full of rough sleepers, beggars, and dodgy geezers. J.x

And lots of others. Lots of uni's as well. 😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zap99 said:

When I left school I worked in Chancery Lane. Friday nights was middle earth  or an all night at the lyceum seeing  bands like Jeff Beck, The who. Kinks etc and walking home to Putney in the early hours of Saturday. My mum worked in Oxford Street until she retired. Nothing to beat Central London in those days......Now...not so sure.

When I left school I also worked in Chancery Lane late 60s early 70s

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Certainly was in our house after the day that we had.  I will just say that today's plan is to go out to look for a new car that is not a Mazda.

Oh no. Sorry to hear this Josy. Hope you are ok and good luck car-hunting today. Jane.xx

• Like 1

Good Morning All and Happy Saturday

Just posting to wish you all a good weekend.

I've been up since 4.30 am.  Wide awake and nothing to do but get up. It could be nerves that woke me so early because I'm taking my eldest  granddaughter for a driving lesson this morning. Eeeek!

Have a good one.

Best wishes. Jane xxx

• Like 10

15 hours ago, brian1 said:

Brian, is that restaurant in Tonbridge or Tunbridge Wells?

• Like 1

Good Morning all,

A birght sunny day although cold. Spring is on it's way as on my drive over to Mum's yesterday, through the county lanes, you can see daffs, catkins, pussy willow and blossom in the hedgerows and trees.

Josy - good luck car hunting.

Jane - hope the driving lesson goes well.

Take care everyone and have a good weekend.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Oh no. Sorry to hear this Josy. Hope you are ok and good luck car-hunting today. Jane.xx

We are fine.  I just had car problems and when I tried to book it in they said that they couldn't fit it in until 24th March despite the fact that it is still under warranty  it has only done 3112 miles and I have a service agreement that covers all repairs.  The problem doesn’t stop it being driven but the Sat Nav and parking cameras have stopped working so I  am restricted to driving only where I  know the route.

I have had 4 Mazdas and this one and the previous one have both had niggling problems.  We are taking a look at VW and Audi today, when I worked I always had VWs because the dealership was 10 minutes walk from work and DH has had several Audi cars and their dealership is opposite the VW one.

Good luck with the driving lesson.  We took my niece and her children for lunch yesterday and her 15 year old son is desperate to learn to drive so that he doesn't have to rely on my niece and her husband to ferry him everywhere.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We are fine.  I just had car problems and when I tried to book it in they said that they couldn't fit it in until 24th March despite the fact that it is still under warranty  it has only done 3112 miles and I have a service agreement that covers all repairs.  The problem doesn’t stop it being driven but the Sat Nav and parking cameras have stopped working so I  am restricted to driving only where I  know the route.

I have had 4 Mazdas and this one and the previous one have both had niggling problems.  We are taking a look at VW and Audi today, when I worked I always had VWs because the dealership was 10 minutes walk from work and DH has had several Audi cars and their dealership is opposite the VW one.

Good luck with the driving lesson.  We took my niece and her children for lunch yesterday and her 15 year old son is desperate to learn to drive so that he doesn't have to rely on my niece and her husband to ferry him everywhere.

Thinking of dodgy car electronics, my eldest son's Mitsubishi has a regular fault where it randomly chooses someone from his phone list to call. He has been waiting for the Honda dealership, who handle Mitsubishi cars, to locate and order a new unit, so far with little success.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

the Sat Nav and parking cameras have stopped working so I  am restricted to driving only where I  know the route.

Look on the bright Josey 🙂 You could go out for a meal and you don't have to tell us where 

you have been due to faulty Sat-Nav ?

Maybe Mazda have built in non disclosure agreement in the car too ?🤔

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Good luck! No SatNav at all in our 9 year old Skoda though - we used to use a Garmin SatNav but Google does a better job these days on the phone.

I doubt you’ll match Japanese reliability with VW group cars though - all that advertising stuff about VW reliably isn’t borne out by the stats. And Audi’s even worse. Skoda’s better, cheaper, and cheaper to service too, but Toyota’s about as good as it gets for reliability. Having said that, our Skodas haven’t had a single issue in all those 9 years from new.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2023 at 7:14 PM, indiana123 said:

No.I think that's the little restaurant, quite rustic, called Mamma Mias.  Thats good too.. 

Don Vincenzo's is near the other end of Rochester High Street..  Its very loud and buzzing and my lot all love it.  We had a great evening. 

Ah yes I should have guessed it was Don Vincenzo’s. I discovered Mamma Mia’s when I went with friends in the ‘eat out to help out’ scheme and loved the food and Italian staff! Went with hubby after we went to the Cathedral light show and he couldn’t believe how busy it was for a Tuesday night!