P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I came home tonight from London Hospital.  All is well.  I had to have two stents in each leg, one of which took three hours.  I was five hours in theatre altogether.  That is unbelievable.  The theatre they explained wasn't a usual operating theatre, but looked like something out of Star Trek

They said, the ops would be tricky but recuperation very fast.   I can feel the difference already.  We knew it wouldn't cure groin pain as that wasn't connected but I can feel the difference in my legs already..  

Not nice at all especially after 5 hours worth of anaesthetic, but all fine now and it's over.  I feel ok 

• Like 17

41 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I came home tonight from London Hospital.  All is well.  I had to have two stents in each leg, one of which took three hours.  I was five hours in theatre altogether.  That is unbelievable.  The theatre they explained wasn't a usual operating theatre, but looked like something out of Star Trek

They said, the ops would be tricky but recuperation very fast.   I can feel the difference already.  We knew it wouldn't cure groin pain as that wasn't connected but I can feel the difference in my legs already..  

Not nice at all especially after 5 hours worth of anaesthetic, but all fine now and it's over.  I feel ok 

Very pleased for you indiana that you feel the difference already in your legs and now back at home recovering.

• Like 1

Last port in Japan, otaru, this is another maiden port, it looks a bit industrial and grotty from the ship, but once you get into town it is wonderful. We will be sad to leave Japan, it really is wonderful with amazing friendly people, even though they use very little English. I am even more velly fruent now, it is so much fun talking to the Japanese. We were trying to discuss pop music which isa big thing here, they know about all our music but we know so little of theirs. They love Joh Rennon and Gally Gritter, albeit we didn't go into that one. We now have 7 days at sea, I think but as we cross the date line who knows.Catch you on the other side.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, indiana123 said:

I am pleased the you are home and feeling the difference so quickly.  

The operating theatres are definitely very modern these days.  I was in for a day surgery last year which was done with a local anesthetic and I was amazed at the theatre.  One of my nieces is a theatre nurse and she says the difference in equipment and procedures between when she qualified 22 years ago and today is astounding.

Leave it a few days before you try to run a marathon

🙂

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 4

We have a beautiful sunny morning with a blue sky.  I have been up since before six  so the cleaning is all done,  the washing that I put on the line is  already dry and ready to iron.  The lemon drizzle tray bake to have with tea at the bowling match is cooling in the kitchen so that I can cut it before I go out.  

I am now happily sitting in the garden lazing around with a cup of coffee.

I hope you are all enjoying the same sort of weather that we have.

Enjoy your day 😎

20230527_082619.jpg

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have a beautiful sunny morning with a blue sky.  I have been up since before six  so the cleaning is all done,  the washing that I put on the line is  already dry and ready to iron.  The lemon drizzle tray bake to have with tea at the bowling match is cooling in the kitchen so that I can cut it before I go out.  

Enjoy your day 😎

20230527_082619.jpg

Looks good. Enjoy!

Morning on this sunny Bank holiday. Kids are off school ,so if they are lucky Mum &Dad

will sling them in the back of the car with a picnic and head for the coast.

They will then play on the shoreline/rockpools collecting shells and spotting sea creatures..

Hope you all have a great day whatever your up to , @indiana123 you take things easy🙂

seahorse.jpg.30fbc8f9d14ed3de4dadf8f92233c1af.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Enjoy your day 😎

20230527_082619.jpg

Oh that looks good. 

We have been on a diet for 6 months to try to get into our cruise clothes, so thanks for teasing us😂

Andy 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Oh that looks good. 

We have been on a diet for 6 months to try to get into our cruise clothes, so thanks for teasing us😂

Andy 

I’ve totally given up on the thought of getting into my pre 2019 clothes, so have just bought new ones - one size up!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Oh that looks good. 

Andy 

I am trying to lose a bit of weight before our next cruise too but it is my turn to supply cake today and everyone seems to like lemon drizzle.  Two weeks ago we played our 2nd team and one of their ladies had made fruit scones and brought clotted cream and jam, that was a real treat.

• Like 2

Ok quiz of the day. I have been looking at a cruise (I wont tell you the company and no cheating looking it up).

If you saw on the daily programme a “Prism” event what do you think it would be?

And “club soda”?

I’ll leave you to guess for a while.

7 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Ok quiz of the day. I have been looking at a cruise (I wont tell you the company and no cheating looking it up).

If you saw on the daily programme a “Prism” event what do you think it would be?

And “club soda”?

No idea about club soda but I think that I saw somewhere the Prism event is a light show, I think maybe on Celebrity or RCI.

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

No idea about club soda but I think that I saw somewhere the Prism event is a light show, I think maybe on Celebrity or RCI.

DW often has club soda in RC and X. It's soda water.

14 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

And “club soda”?

No idea, I’m afraid, without a sneaky internet search, except that Club Soda sounds American.

If I saw Prism event on the programme, I’d assume it was a misprint for prison and a veiled reference to a costcutting lecture on the joys of quarantine cabins.

• Haha 2

If you had  just been sentenced to 9  months in prism, do you think this would give 

you enough time to reflect ? 

To be honest my guess would be a blind dear without legs  = Still no eye deer 🙃

• Haha 6

@Josy1953 @Harry Peterson @zap99

Club soda is the equivalent of friends of Bill W / AA.

“With Club Soda, we support and entertain those who enjoy an alcohol-free lifestyle”

Prism is ? At a guess from the pictures it might be LGBTQ+ or something completely different.

“Prism events are organised to celebrate the diversity of our guests onboard.”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

“With Club Soda, we support and entertain those who enjoy an alcohol-free lifestyle”

Prism is ? At a guess from the pictures it might be LGBTQ+ or something completely different.

Club soda is carbonated water, soda water, seltzer. It predates Woke. Wikipedia will explain it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Club soda is carbonated water, soda water, seltzer. It predates Woke. Wikipedia will explain it.

Prism. Glass cut at angles that reflects light to show the colours of a spectrum. At least it used to be🤔

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well, you live and learn.

https://joinclubsoda.com/hub/whats-next-for-queers-without-beers/

And this confirms your guess.

• Like 1

I am back from bowling, it really was too hot for bowling today but we won so I'm  not going to moan.  Everyone on our team won so we had an overall score if 189 to 80 which keeps us at the top of the league.

• Like 9