P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

31 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Stornoway is a nice town to walk round, but as we did that last time we did an excursion to the north of the island

We have been trying to book an excursion or two on this cruise but  they have said they are full for months.  We go in to it every few days but to no avail.

I'm not planning to get off much on this one.  Just a bit of rest and relaxation, hopefully  a bit less pain everywhere.  Seeing pain man Tuesday but whether he can help we are not sure, but it is his speciality.  I saw him a while back  but unfortunately he  cannot prescribe  drugs in in the strength required.     Hopefully he will point me in the right direction.

I have the Plus Package so it could be champagne all the way!!!!!🤣 That's my plan anyway.....

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 6

30 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We were in Stornaway on Friday. For our visit it was 19c, sunny but very windy. We wore a tee shirt and fleece. We left the packing decisions until very late as the forecasts kept changing 

Stornoway is a nice town to walk round, but as we did that last time we did an excursion to the north of the island 

IMG_1467.thumb.jpeg.9688f18075a452865e829d3f4d193441.jpegIMG_1481.thumb.jpeg.8681cb69c6f715d1509d860663d29208.jpeg

Nice photos @Dermotsgirl

• Like 7

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Jane.

I post photos including food because lots of nice people like yourself like seeing them and it keeps the daily thread moving along but some comments on here make me wonder why I bother being on here unfortunately and not for the first time I feel like calling it a day on here.

My American and Canadian friends on HAL and RCL never make uncomplimentary comments about photos.

Spain deserved to win but the time wasting,faked injuries, getting opposition players booked was like watching the worst of men's football.

Graham xx 

Don't know how to tell you this Graham but not everyone likes to eat a lemon.......KEEP POSTING😁

See this Instagram video by @ilovemyretrieverdog: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cg4hbJtJ5fV/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet 

Edited by Rupert2251
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lincslady said:

OK, apologies for offending.  I will keep quiet for a while, as I don't like upsetting anyone, least of all the nice people on this thread.

If it was just my food I would laugh but I said it was a lovely meal with my wife and our Sarah.

Sarah had kindly paid for it for our wedding anniversary.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Graham, you are entitled to post as many food phots as you wish, just as I am entitled to say they do nothing for me.

Just post what you want to post please..

Thank you Bob.

I post lots more photos on HAL and RCL but i don't like to show favouritism so I post some on here too.

If they cause any negative comments I will just stop posting photos on here.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Bob.

I post lots more photos on HAL and RCL but i don't like to show favouritism so I post some on here too.

Thank you Graham.

Many enjoy all your photos on this thread so I am pleased you will continue. No negative comments from me 😁

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

We have been trying to book an excursion or two on this cruise but  they have said they are full for months.  We go in to it every few days but to no avail.

I'm not planning to get off much on this one.  Just a bit of rest and relaxation, hopefully  a bit less pain everywhere.  Seeing pain man Tuesday but whether he can help we are not sure, but it is his speciality.  I saw him a while back  but unfortunately he  cannot prescribe  drugs in in the strength required.     Hopefully he will point me in the right direction.

I have the Plus Package so it could be champagne all the way!!!!!🤣 That's my plan anyway.....

I hope you have a wonderful time regardless of if you stay on board or go ashore.  Fingers crossed that the pain man finds a way to help you and that will be an added bonus for you as you set off on your cruise.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

If it was just my food I would laugh but I said it was a lovely meal with my wife and our Sarah.

Sarah had kindly paid for it for our wedding anniversary.

Time to take a deep breath and say  " that's others opinions "

Look at all the people who have said *Please keep posting "  Do they have to miss out 

on sharing such a lovely occasion as your anniversary ??

Happy anniversary to you and Pauline mate and thanks for sharing it with us .🙂

I'm forever complaining  to the Mrs about forever showing me  photos of Fish and Chips ....

A stupid name to give the Grandkids anyway 😉

Just carry on mate never give up ,I nearly did when I played triangle in a reggae band ..

It was just one ting after another 🤣

Keep up the good work  and Gimmie just a little smile that's all I ask of you .

Goes a bit like this ...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-M74elVVkM

Take care matey 😀

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry to have upset you so much, Graham. Obviously lots of people put fish and chip photos on here; it was just a pity I didn't have the sense to keep quiet or say it at a different time.

You are much more important to everyone on the P and O boards than me, so I will as I said keep quiet, at least for a while.  I have appreciated the kind messages you always put on here for everyone who has problems or sadness, including me.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I'm sorry to have upset you so much, Graham. Obviously lots of people put fish and chip photos on here; it was just a pity I didn't have the sense to keep quiet or say it at a different time.

You are much more important to everyone on the P and O boards than me, so I will as I said keep quiet, at least for a while.  I have appreciated the kind messages you always put on here for everyone who has problems or sadness, including me.

You are just as important as anyone else @lincslady.

Feel free to post as much as you want.

It is our 42nd anniversary on Tuesday but yesterday was special with our Sarah.

Graham.

CoffeeReplacement.jpg.e6913402c4a125088b2e50e2f2992915.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I have to say you should not under estimate yourself.  Everyone, no matter who, is equally important be it on this thread or elsewhere on the forum.  If everyone thought someone else was more important than they are there wouldn't be many people on any thread.  

Your opinion, no matter on what, is equally as important as the next man's and you shouldn't feel guilty.

It is very sad that one post is leading to people who are good friends to feel they shouldn't post and the whole point of this thread is at risk of undermining itself by accident. Time for everyone to take a deep breath, shake hands (metaphorically) and move on.

• Like 21

29 minutes ago, kalos said:

Time to take a deep breath and say  " that's others opinions "

Look at all the people who have said *Please keep posting "  Do they have to miss out 

on sharing such a lovely occasion as your anniversary ??

Happy anniversary to you and Pauline mate and thanks for sharing it with us .🙂

I'm forever complaining  to the Mrs about forever showing me  photos of Fish and Chips ....

A stupid name to give the Grandkids anyway 😉

Just carry on mate never give up ,I nearly did when I played triangle in a reggae band ..

It was just one ting after another 🤣

Keep up the good work  and Gimmie just a little smile that's all I ask of you .

Goes a bit like this ...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-M74elVVkM

Take care matey 😀

Thank you Kalos.

These memes made me laugh.😂

IMG_20230820_151819.jpg

IMG_1651.jpeg.eedcb2d0ebed0809417d2e260df5a1e5.jpeg

• Haha 16

59 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Bob.

I love your photos Graham, don’t stop posting them

Michelle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Normally I know what to pack but stumped this time with all the changing weather.  One website said Stornaway 6 - 10 degrees.  I think I will pack 4 or so jumpers and rewear them if need be

The weather in Stornaway is changeable so take layers and light water proofs. 

The scenery is stunning, you can poke a stick at nice views.

Lewis Castle is walkable from the port but don’t get too excited, it is more like a home than an actual castle but does have some really interesting flora in the grounds.

There  is (or at least was) a really good Harris tweed retailer half way up the road to Lewis Castle. You can get amazing authentic (look for the the little image.png.1eaba5a99dddc7dcf15a68b970106688.pngsymbol on  for authentic goods on everything form jackets to handbags.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

My airfryer cooking a chicken.😁😁

It's amazing how ovens have progressed over the years Bob .

I remember our old gas oven , on a Sunday our fresh chicken from the farm would take 

ages to cook !

The chicken kept blowing the flames out 😉🤣

• Haha 6

Unbelievable... big e mail ad from Boots today.  Here is a snippit!😼

It's the "don't miss out" bit  that got me

"

Don't miss out on the opportunity to secure your advent calendar ahead of the rush!

Picture this: Every day, you'll unwrap a little piece of magic, discovering a delightful selection of brand new releases, bestsellers, and exclusive products. Our advent calendars are brimming with surprises that will leave you glowing with delight throughout the festive season."

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Unbelievable... big e mail ad from Boots today.  Here is a snippit!😼

It's the "don't miss out" bit  that got me

"

Don't miss out on the opportunity to secure your advent calendar ahead of the rush!

Picture this: Every day, you'll unwrap a little piece of magic, discovering a delightful selection of brand new releases, bestsellers, and exclusive products. Our advent calendars are brimming with surprises that will leave you glowing with delight throughout the festive season."

I just got the same email. I love Christmas and the build up but August is stretching it 😂

• Like 7