P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

32 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Feeling just a bit down today. I have lost my 3rd cousin in 3 months so another funeral to attend.

I am part of quite a large family but at the (relatively) younger end of the age scale so one by one I have seen the companions of my childhood, youth, adulthood and older age go. It brings one’s own mortality into very sharp focus.

Enjoy life folks, eat drink and be merry. Do what you love and tell those that you love that you do each and every day. 

I'm sorry to hear of the passing of another family member @Eglesbrech.

Prayers 🙏 and condolences to you all.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Of its the same one we've seen we actually don't think it's that bad ..... sorry

Don't apologise - my main gripe was that when I first saw it I was pretty sure it was a publicity stunt for Princess, and it looks as if it is, which put me off completely.  Plus, I wanted to  like to see what the ship is like, and it is nearly all what they get up to on shore, which seems to defeat the object.  And a bit of jealousy at people getting freebie cruises in suites, paid for in the end by paying passengers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Re the silly programmes on channel 5 about Princess - someone on the UK forum says that yes, they were all comped, and chosen for this series of duff programmes.  So definitely don't bother watching.  A waste of Princess's  money, IMO.

We watched it last week and found it disappointing.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Of its the same one we've seen we actually don't think it's that bad ..... sorry

Don't apologise - my main gripe was that when I first saw it I was pretty sure it was a publicity stunt for Princess, and it looks as if it is, which put me off completely.  Plus, I wanted to see what the ship is like, and it is nearly all what they get up to on shore, which seems to defeat the object.  And a bit of jealousy at people getting freebie cruises in suites, paid for in the end by paying passengers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Don't apologise - my main gripe was that when I first saw it I was pretty sure it was a publicity stunt for Princess, and it looks as if it is, which put me off completely.  Plus, I wanted to see what the ship is like, and it is nearly all what they get up to on shore, which seems to defeat the object.  And a bit of jealousy at people getting freebie cruises in suites, paid for in the end by paying passengers.

We both said the same thing about wanting to see the ship not a few girls chatting on shore.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Don't apologise - my main gripe was that when I first saw it I was pretty sure it was a publicity stunt for Princess, and it looks as if it is, which put me off completely.  Plus, I wanted to  like to see what the ship is like, and it is nearly all what they get up to on shore, which seems to defeat the object.  And a bit of jealousy at people getting freebie cruises in suites, paid for in the end by paying passengers.

Suppose we are enjoying.seeing the places we love like Santorini .. not even thought about the ship

52 minutes ago, Tommart said:

https://healthmedia.blog.gov.uk/2023/08/08/covid-autumn-booster-vaccine-2023-everything-you-need-to-know/

Am I eligible for an autumn Covid booster?

The following people are eligible for an autumn Covid booster:

This is because the risk of severe Covid continues to be strongly associated with increasing age and underlying health conditions.

Yes I am eligible. No dtes yet.

9 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

My husband’s watching Inside the Factory now - JCBs, with Cherry Healey. Is she the person on the Wellness Cruise? This Cherry Healey is very good. 

We just watched the JCB program and both of us found it fascinating.  We know a number of people who work there all of whom tell us they are an excellent company to work for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

We just watched the JCB program and both of us found it fascinating.  We know a number of people who work there all of whom tell us they are an excellent company to work for.

Interesting. My OH has two JCBs so found it fascinating too! 

7 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Interesting. My OH has two JCBs so found it fascinating too! 

The factory is just outside Stoke-on-Trent and we live at the south end of the city so it is only about 15 miles from us along the A50 which is a fast road, under normal circumstances, so easily commutable.  I hadn't noticed someone we know working until my husband said "there's Neil", he is an engineer and was in the background doing something in the background.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Feeling just a bit down today. I have lost my 3rd cousin in 3 months so another funeral to attend.

I am part of quite a large family but at the (relatively) younger end of the age scale so one by one I have seen the companions of my childhood, youth, adulthood and older age go. It brings one’s own mortality into very sharp focus.

Enjoy life folks, eat drink and be merry. Do what you love and tell those that you love that you do each and every day. 

So sorry to hear of your loss Eglesbrech.

We reach a stage in life when we seem to attend more funerals than weddings.

Live each day as it comes and always try to find something special about each one.

Avril

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

So sorry to hear of your loss Eglesbrech.

We reach a stage in life when we seem to attend more funerals than weddings.

Live each day as it comes and always try to find something special about each one.

Avril

I absolutely agree Avril.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning 🙂 I  always wanted to own a JCB but knowing I never will ...

That's another thing crossed off my bucket list 😉

boat-humor.jpg.a5b5fcee6157d5c6e77ffdc40f5f3857.jpg

No worries,just keep digging up those jokes mate.

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Oh No, I'm sorry to hear that news

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tommart said:

https://healthmedia.blog.gov.uk/2023/08/08/covid-autumn-booster-vaccine-2023-everything-you-need-to-know/

Am I eligible for an autumn Covid booster?

The following people are eligible for an autumn Covid booster:

This is because the risk of severe Covid continues to be strongly associated with increasing age and underlying health conditions.

I've booked my flu jab at Boots, which I have to pay for this year.

But I'm not eligible for a Covid booster this year, and I can't even pay for one, so I'm not particularly happy about this state of affairs. 

49 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

But I'm not eligible for a Covid booster this year, and I can't even pay for one, so I'm not particularly happy about this state of affairs. 

I can have a flu jab because of my inhalers but it looks like although I’m on highest dose of steroids & still uncontrolled I don’t qualify for the covid one as I haven’t had steroid tablets. 😡

• Like 1

Dropped daughter and family off at airport yesterday.Son and family arrive in 9 days.Went to the Coop as my mrs fancied a ready meal.Choice of tripe done 3 ways or spreadable salami-nduja.Luckily at another store on the way back,got a frozen lasagne.IMG_20230825_1326278971630.thumb.jpg.0e9dde9f9b937099135090468b2e9284.jpgIMG_20230825_1326493891631.thumb.jpg.855edbd7922e898b5e7a90955f4057b8.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Ditto….. 😢

• Like 1