P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just popping in to say ta-ta

I’m sorry I stirred a hornets nest yesterday.  
I’ll still read, to keep up with what’s happening in the world of cruise, and in my “forum friends” lives.  Who knows, I might even do a review if we finally get on our trip next year?

Anyway, stay well, stay safe.  All the best

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Just popping in to say ta-ta

I’m sorry I stirred a hornets nest yesterday.  
I’ll still read, to keep up with what’s happening in the world of cruise, and in my “forum friends” lives.  Who knows, I might even do a review if we finally get on our trip next year?

Anyway, stay well, stay safe.  All the best

A review would be great!  But absolutely no need for any kind of apology - you raised a very valid point indeed, and one which is actually keeping some people away from the ‘family’ here.

• Like 9

Quick update on Teddy and the rear left occasional limp that is now into a second month. He went for X-rays last week & nothing showed up so it’s a case of waiting another month before visiting the vet again for a further check. He was anaesthetised for the X-rays so has the usual shaved patch on his leg which is irritating him enormously (hence the sock to stop him licking it).

He is full of energy so it’s just a case of trying to make him do the right exercise (e.g., walking & running is okay but no jumping around chasing squirrels in the woods) but that’s easier said than done. His groom was cancelled by the groomers last week so he is very shaggy but hopefully he’ll have his haircut next week.

The third photo shows him in his usual position in my spare bedroom office while I’m working!

C7A11705-C5FF-47A1-806E-B7B611310C7B.thumb.jpeg.975c3949272795e23c6b170ec51ac330.jpeg

6D39D37C-2A1C-4DFD-8819-6ECA464B43E0.jpeg

07407C86-19D7-4581-BC90-62BF34515AA0.jpeg

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 19

Poor Teddy and so cute looking, my sister in law’s dog has the occasional limp that goes on for a few weeks, nothing wrong with the bones the vet said but they think his soft pads on the paw get inflamed or a small sharp stone or stick in it , she does run over moon like gravel as they live in fuerteventura and tries to catch the wee chipmunks, so when this happens they have to put a padded bandage/ sock on it , it’s always the same one though. Hope teddy’s paw gets better soon 🐶

• Like 10

Morning,hope everyone's doing ok this morning. It makes very sad, very sad reading

That even more posters are leaving us for a while.

Can only echo Harrys sentiments,so be good take care and hope you two and all

the other posters who have left ,come back soon.  Take Care .🙂

• Like 19

Morning all,

Sorry to see that more posters are leaving, as others have said take care and hope you will come back soon.

A bright sunny day here today after heavy rain last night. 

Just read that some flights to Italy are cancelled as baggage handlers there are on strike today. Hopefully it is just today and not next week too. Oh well, these things are meant to try us! 🤞 

Enjoy your day.

Pam 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning all,

Sorry to see that more posters are leaving, as others have said take care and hope you will come back soon.

A bright sunny day here today after heavy rain last night. 

Just read that some flights to Italy are cancelled as baggage handlers there are on strike today. Hopefully it is just today and not next week too. Oh well, these things are meant to try us! 🤞 

Enjoy your day.

Pam 

Perhaps we should all form a picket line in the baggage hall...." what do we want?.....Our Cases.....when do we want them......Now...🤣🤣

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Perhaps we should all form a picket line in the baggage hall...." what do we want?.....Our Cases.....when do we want them......Now...🤣🤣

As long as the flight leaves Gatwick (and lands in Italy) we are OK as we are only travelling with carry on cases

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, purplesea said:

As long as the flight leaves Gatwick (and lands in Italy) we are OK as we are only travelling with carry on cases

We fly off to Menorca on Monday and only have 15kg each. DW gets 29kg, I get to take an extra pair if shorts.

• Haha 11

Gioia took him away this afternoon to introduce him to her sisters cat,he passed the test.The lady from Milan who wants him has a 10 year old cat so was concerned.He has his jabs Monday and gets transported Friday.Phew that's a relief,we're driving home Saturday.

• Like 10

After my DW had the all clear from the breast clinic, I have been checking worldwide  travel insurance costs in preparation for our Caribbean roundtrip on Iona in 2025.

Of our 2 previous insurers, Staysure were not willing to quote,and Free Spirit super duper wanted £5000 for a an annual policy. However Nationwide Flex plus came up with a quote which was a little more than 10% of the FS quote.

How on earth can underwriters be so different?

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

After my DW had the all clear from the breast clinic, I have been checking worldwide  travel insurance costs in preparation for our Caribbean roundtrip on Iona in 2025.

Of our 2 previous insurers, Staysure were not willing to quote,and Free Spirit super duper wanted £5000 for a an annual policy. However Nationwide Flex plus came up with a quote which was a little more than 10% of the FS quote.

People sometimes don’t shop around and just accept the price given by their current provider. Companies take advantage of that inertia.

I remember phoning round a dozen providers to get insurance for my mum who had also had breast cancer and eventually got good cover for a decent price.

Glad you found something that suits (and of course that your good lady is well).

• Like 8

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Sadly some insurers look as a client's misfortune as and opportunity to exploit a "captive audience" because some folks are too concerned to shop around in case they are "refused insurance."

One of us had a "medical problem " that looks as if it might be very serious. We talked to insurers, one of us with the problem was declined an annual travel insurance policy while the other wasn't.

At the end of the day we had a very helpful chat with the insurance company and now one of us goes on a trip by trip insurance and the other goes on an annual policy.

The trip by trip is not excessive and the price per day has reduced as the "medical problem" is no where near as bad as it might have been.

The insurer is SAGA.

• Like 7