P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I am back on the school run today so that is fun start to the day. 

We both have appointments for the dentist and hygienist for checks ups, hopefully we will be out in time to pick up the children from school otherwise they will have a 2 mile walk to get home.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am back on the school run today so that is fun start to the day. 

We both have appointments for the dentist and hygienist for checks ups, hopefully we will be out in time to pick up the children from school otherwise they will have a 2 mile walk to get home.

I don’t mind going to the hygienist, I like the feel of my teeth afterwards. I used dislike the school run more and more in the Winter months, getting them all sorted them getting to the car & realising the car was all iced up. Hope they are all ok Josy 

Michelle 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

5°C and clear skies here.

The fireworks were very noisy last night.

I hope everyone is well as well as your pets after the noise of Bonfire night.

Freddie hates the fireworks. They were not too bad here thankfully but imo tighter restrictions on the sale of them need to be put in place (but that won’t happen).

A sunny but cold start to the day here and how nice to have no heavy rain mentioned in today’s weather forecast.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I don’t mind going to the hygienist, I like the feel of my teeth afterwards. I used dislike the school run more and more in the Winter months, getting them all sorted them getting to the car & realising the car was all iced up. Hope they are all ok Josy 

Michelle 

I know what you mean about your teeth feeling nice after the hygienist, no matter how well you clean them daily they never feel as clean as they do after the hygienist has done them.

I'm lucky with the car, we have a double garage so our cars have always been put away overnight though I remember the scraping when we first got married and bought a new house that didn't have a garage, it was awful in the winter because we had to scrape the  windscreens and the roads weren't made up fir the first year so were always icey.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

5°C and clear skies here.

The fireworks were very noisy last night.

I hope everyone is well as well as your pets after the noise of Bonfire night.

Very few back garden firework displays this year, Friday we had the local sports & social club display, lasted 15 mins, Saturday there was a display at a pub about a mile away, could see but not hear, then last night local pub had a 10 minute delay. My neighbours Alsatian dog watched the displays quite unfazed. 

Three large local organised displays over the weekend were sold out over a week ago, I think more people are attending these and not buying fireworks for home use. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I really did laugh out loud when I read your comment Jane; almost spilled my coffee 😂.  I’m a fan of those who can manage great harmonies and enjoy it when BBC4 or Sky Arts (forget which!) show performances by Simon & Garfunkel or the Everly brothers for instance.

Those two channels really are first rate!  I won’t pay for Sky, but I’m delighted Sky Arts can be had for free on Freeview.

• Like 5

Bit of  mixed bag here weather wise, it has alternated between heavy rain and warm sunshine. My hipop recovery is still moving forward, I walked around ASDA and Barnsley town centre this morning with my walking pole which is much better than the crutches as I can walk almost normally with the pole as opposed to swinging my legs with the crutches and having to think about which leg goes first. Plus the pole doesn't make my wrists and arms ache. 

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Bit of  mixed bag here weather wise, it has alternated between heavy rain and warm sunshine. My hipop recovery is still moving forward, I walked around ASDA and Barnsley town centre this morning with my walking pole which is much better than the crutches as I can walk almost normally with the pole as opposed to swinging my legs with the crutches and having to think about which leg goes first. Plus the pole doesn't make my wrists and arms ache. 

Have you tried hipop dancing for physio Phil.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Astrajet said:

Welcome to the hipop club @yorkshirephil!  Hope your recovery continues to progress well.  I still can't believe the difference it has made - just need the other hip doing now!

Best wishes to you both.

Thanks Sandra, I did ask if they could put a spring in

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle 

I see my ex hygienist when I wake up every morning. 😬

On 11/5/2023 at 7:24 PM, Grandad John said:

Didn’t have that good fortune Jane, but saw Neil Young & Crazy Horse at Sheffield Arena a few years ago, absolutely awesome.

Haven't we been lucky John. Looking back, I've been privileged to see some of the all time greats - most of whose music is still played regularly because it's stood the test of time. See, being old(er) has given us some wonderful musical memories. Jane xx

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Haven't we been lucky John. Looking back, I've been privileged to see some of the all time greats - most of whose music is still played regularly because it's stood the test of time. See, being old(er) has given us some wonderful musical memories. Jane xx

Heard on the radio this afternoon that the Rolling Stones new album Hackney Diamonds is at No 1 and the Beatles new single Now & Then will be No 1 in singles chart on Friday. Never thought that would happen again. 

• Like 9

Morning all,

Having a quick look at the weather forecast it looks as though we aren't going to get any rain, but we will see!

I'm up early. I didn't sleep well, so got up to book my Christmas delivery slot. When the queue opened I was informed the wait time was 41 minutes, but it dropped to 20 minutes almost straight away. 

Meeting friends for coffee this morning. It's been a while since wer had a catch up due to illnesses.

Right off, to see where I am in the queue!

Hope you all have a good day.

• Like 11

Another early morning for me, woken at 4:16 by some sort of animal rattling the gates as it passed  through  and setting off the the security lights. 

It is dry at the moment but the forecast is for showers all day. 

I am dropping my niece's children off at school before going to the farm shop to stock up on meat for the freezer and to order my Christmas meat, they sent an email on Saturday saying that they were now taking Christmas orders.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 9

Happy Tesco Xmas Delivery Slot Day everyone 🎄 🛒 😉

I made two bookings which will see us through the festivities.  Sensible idea of Tesco to tell people just to put in a couple of items and sort things out later.  I don’t think there’s any delay for booking at the moment - they do like to push us towards panic!

Another dry sunny day - certainly lifts the spirits after all that rain.  We’ve had a couple of really heavy but very brief showers, so you have to consult the seaweed carefully before going out

Have a good day.  Here’s yesterday

BAB546AC-DBA0-4ED1-BDB4-A1CA8AE519D5.jpeg

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 11

Good morning everyone, a nice bright sunny start here today although there looks to be a bit of a breeze.

Going into Lytham shortly, a part of my mobility scooter snapped off a couple of weeks ago and the replacement part has arrived now so going to get it fitted. 

Apart from a pile of ironing and usual household jobs nothing else much going on today.

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 5