P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I love all the crass comments. The bowlers holding ,the batsmans ....who was it?. 🤔

Yep things can be taken the wrong way ,a bit like when I was at our local surgery,

I got doctor Pepper in room 5 .. All I asked him what his favourite drink was 😒

What I posted was innocent comments by a good guy from a bygone era ,bless him .

Or to put it another way a wise doctor once wrote    ...Untitleddoctor.jpg.40ff5b7045c9b8e94bac366110047aad.jpg  🤔🙃

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

In a day of fast-moving domestic news, I’m happy to restrict my comments to Strictly 😉

Anton is my favourite judge who always makes me laugh, and I’m pleased that Angela was kept in. I think she is technically very strong and if they marked her down, it would be for having a 79 year old body!

Now Motsi is another matter.  I deliberately start to watch the live programme 30 minutes after it starts so that I can fast forward Motsi’s comments and lose a minute of each of the contestants’ VTs.  It’s likely that Angela will go at Blackpool and I’d be delighted if either Ellie or Angela Scanlon won.

Off to brave the wind now to head north to Lancaster for my grandson’s birthday.  Think we’ll give the M6 a miss though; too many high-sided vehicles.

My wife does the same in respect of Motsi, she was annoyed last night when Krishna’s went out as she thought he performed better. 

While she was watching strictly on Saturday I was catching up on a couple of Archeology programs I had recorded via my iPad.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Snow Hill said:

My wife does the same in respect of Motsi, she was annoyed last night when Krishna’s went out as she thought he performed better. 

While she was watching strictly on Saturday I was catching up on a couple of Archeology programs I had recorded via my iPad.  

You should always feel free to watch whatever you dig😳.

• Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Motsi is obsessed with Layton, everyone else is inconsequential to her.  Ridiculous, like a love sick teenager, it's quite embarrassing.

• Like 2

Well that was an interesting training day, 30 mins we get a power cut, the National Grid website give a back on time of 3:30pm. Some one had the idea of emailing the presentation to us so we could follow on our phones, which we did, made for an interesting presentation. Then moved on site to put what we had learnt into practice, halfway through a small tree next to the site was blown down, it was a wooded area so no danger, but the noise did startle us. 

Despite the power cut a worthwhile training exercise.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

a small tree next to the site was blown down, it was a wooded area so no danger, but the noise did startle us. 

That answers one of the great mysteries  of life, thank's;

If a Tree Falls in the Forest, and There's No One Around to Hear It, Does It Make a Sound?

• Haha 7

17 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

If a Tree Falls in the Forest, and There's No One Around to Hear It, Does It Make a Sound?

Whats gets me how come as night falls or when I'm up at the crack of dawn ,I have never heard either 🙃

• Haha 4

I admit that Strictly is essentially trivial in the extreme, but at times like these I for one need a bit of lightweight stuff  to stop feeling like I want to get off the world for a while.  I am sure I am not alone in this - but  most of us can still feel pretty strongly about the important stuff too - just need some light relief to be able to get to sleep at night.

Missing Graham and his coffee and bacon sandwich photos  - hope your phone is sorted soon, Graham.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

We still don't know the answer though Phil.

When the tree blew over, Snowhill was there.😉

Avril

• Haha 5

Morning all and thanks for the many good wishes you sent me.

A draining day yesterday but it went well as far as these things can. It wasn’t until 2pm as we had some people coming from up to 2 hours away. 

We were surprised my son and partner brought our 5 year old grandson with them (I mean we did know in advance we were just surprised they did) but he was very well behaved. As he has a mop of blonde curls and cheeky grin he charmed everyone.

We had the wake at a nearby cricket club and got a local cafe to provide the food. I’d provided the photo for the front of the order of service taken at that cafe last year on his birthday. They’d also blown up the photo and put it by the coffin. Considering it was only taken on my mobile I was impressed with the quality and everyone thought the photo was lovely.

Just sister and hubby and son & family came back to ours after which was nice.

My uncle texted later to say we’d done him proud.

Phew!

• Like 21

@P&O SUE so pleased it all went well yesterday.
5 years old is on the young side for a funeral, but if they are well behaved and can understand that it is not a frightening event - then I’m all for it.

Strangely enough I’m not keen on the Asda advert - don’t know why (as I like Mr Buble) and I know I’m in the minority as my friends like it too. Perhaps I’m just bah humbug this year as not keen on the John Lewis one either! 😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Glad it all went off well for you Sue.  It’s an important occasion. 
Hope John is healing and not in any pain

i was woken by rain on the window (again!) about an hour ago.  The forecast isn’t good for today, but it wasn’t for yesterday either and that turned out beautifully, after a horrible night

I hope Graham gets back on line shortly - unless he’s snuck off for a quick pre-Xmas cruise or break.  He doesn’t give us advance warning 🙂

Have a good day everyone.  Stay dry

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Another morning with torrential rain.  I am back on the school run which this afternoon requires picking up the boy at the usual time but the girl is taking part in a netball tournament so I will have to go and collect her when she calls me.

Have s good day what ever you are doing today.

• Like 7