P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Just another day by the pool and packing later for our 10.50 flight tomorrow.Going to daughters for Christmas,but we are supplying a few goodies for the dinner.So a bit of shopping to do.

There's another chap with a 10.30pm flight and bags of Christmas goodies with children in mind but... he doesn't leave for a week or so. 🎁🎁🎁

• Haha 9

Morning it's looking a bit bleak out there but we are going nowhere today .

Looking at @Josy1953 "to do list" is a fine example of how busy and pulled out

us retired folk can get ,how we used to fit a job in as well is a mystery .

One week until the big day when we can relax , well when I say we, I mean 

us men as we turn into supervisors or nip off down to the pub .😉

Anyone thinking of baking this week .. in my supervisory advice please

follow the instructions below carefully .🙃

Have a good day 🙂769d346a912e0926bdde22b3789b0ff2.jpg.51c30884217935dde02af40865f4fff3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

I am having a 'phone consultation' with a GP today, at their request,  - nothing serious, just a test result, but it can come at any time, so I feel I can't go far from the phone (landline) until it has happened.  Last two times, months ago, I was given an approx. time, which worked, probably around their coffee break time.  So on the qui vive until maybe 6 p.m. which I find very frustrating.  My surgery is not very user friendly.

• Like 6

Yes  - I hesitated before posting, thinking that it’s rather too close to the truth for some of us.  Then I thought that laughter is one of the best medicines, so went ahead

Keep smiling Avril

It’s very quiet here today - everyone getting swept up in Xmas preparations (or, better, early celebrations)

• Like 5

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok today. It’s pretty miserable her today with light rain.

It’s like DIY SOS at our new house today, by 8am there was a plumber, two electricians and their boss and a labourer. Shorty after the new boiler arrived and wood flooring for the whole of the downstairs. It’s all happening!!

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 16

40 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok today. It’s pretty miserable her today with light rain.

It’s like DIY SOS at our new house today, by 8am there was a plumber, two electricians and their boss and a labourer. Shorty after the new boiler arrived and wood flooring for the whole of the downstairs. It’s all happening!!

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

Sounds great Michelle - hope they all keep going like that and it’ll be lovely for your move.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

I am having a 'phone consultation' with a GP today, at their request,  - nothing serious, just a test result, but it can come at any time, so I feel I can't go far from the phone (landline) until it has happened.  Last two times, months ago, I was given an approx. time, which worked, probably around their coffee break time.  So on the qui vive until maybe 6 p.m. which I find very frustrating.  My surgery is not very user friendly.

Our surgery is also doing telephone consultations. I have an appointment  fo 8th January 4pm I know that it is to discuss the results of a blood test that I had a few weeks ago so I am not too bothered because I have looked online at the results and there is only one thing that is showing as abnormal so I already discussed it with my GP niece and she said that given that the levels are o ly slightly high they will most probably suggest dietary changes or less likely they will prescribe statins.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Sounds great Michelle - hope they all keep going like that and it’ll be lovely for your move.   

It definitely will not be finished when we move in, it will be a lot better than it currently is though. It’s probably a bigger job than we anticipated and the gardens haven’t been touched for 18 months so it’s just like a wilderness 

Michelle

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

A mad day planned for today.  

Take 2 teenagers to school

Take their dog for a walk

Deliver Christmas Presents, cards and chocolate sleighs for the children of nephews and nieces

Food shopping

Put up the Christmas tree

Collect teenagers from school

Hopefully I will have an easy week once today is over.

Have a great day what ever you are doing.

That seems a normal day when I think back to the time my three were teenagers! Apart from having to do everything after work. The most manic Christmas ever was when I was teaching in 4 different primary schools. I had four ‘work’ Christmas concerts in one week along with my own children’s show. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

A mad day planned for today.  

Take 2 teenagers to school

Take their dog for a walk

Deliver Christmas Presents, cards and chocolate sleighs for the children of nephews and nieces

Food shopping

Put up the Christmas tree

Collect teenagers from school

Hopefully I will have an easy week once today is over.

Have a great day what ever you are doing.

That sounds like a very busy day Josy, hopefully the rest of the week will be easier for you with some time for relaxation 

Michelle

• Like 1

Lucky you, Josey.  My call came through at about 1, and very sadly I could not understand a word the Doctor was saying.  Terribly embarrassing.   He obviously did not know why I had had the test in any case (not the one who sent me for it), and in the end I asked him if he could forward the report to me, perhaps with his advice if any!  He said he would.  Whether he understood the email address I don't know, so I then phoned the Surgery and explained to the receptionist, and asked her if she could check on whether he had done it, and indeed could do it.  She kindly said she would.  What a farce.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

There's another chap with a 10.30pm flight and bags of Christmas goodies with children in mind but... he doesn't leave for a week or so. 🎁🎁🎁

Think I saw him last night TTL.He didn't look very jolly though,I think he's had a stinking cold for 3 days and losing his voice .His biggest worry is being understood ordering another voddie at the bar.20231217_2043461846.thumb.jpg.1ee19a3c96cfe7b21b0be9af03dd9164.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 hours ago, lincslady said:

Must be a day for GP sessions, I had my appointment with my GP today, made last Monday to go through recent blood tests, a problem I raised with physio regarding my right foot.

No concerns with the tests, couple of abnormal returns but only minor increases, which will be monitored, suggested a few dietary changes I might wish to consider to deal with the blood sugar issue. 

The foot issue is Morton’s Neuroma, which is uncomfortable but can be dealt with if it gets worse, he will refer me back to the practice physio to deal with for now.

oh an BP was the best it’s been for a few years. 

• Like 4

Morning  I like to spend time with an early morning cuppa ,so here we are 😀

I sit here wondering what some of you dog owners will be buying your 

pooches for Christmas ?

This dog got a Sky Sport Golf subscription and loves it .

He has learnt to keep his eye on the ball  🙃   .......

• Haha 12

Good morning everyone it’s nice to be home after a good cruise, our disembark time was 8.30 to 9 o’clock but by 8 o’clock they were ready and our group was told we could leave and no queuing at all found suitcases very quickly and we were soon sat outside waiting for my daughter to pick us up , we phoned her a hour early so she was still in bed , we got home at 10 o’clock in the end and started unpacking straight away and a wash on and dried and by 1 o’clock we were finished.

I can’t remember if I posted the special menu from the mdr and the pictures which we had on the last night of the cruise all worth the extra money.

Done all my food shopping for the next week and more and don’t want to go nowhere near the shops if I can help it but I have my grandson staying with me until Thursday and he’s a big eater 😋
So all I can say is it was a brilliant cruise a little rocky the first two days , generally staff were all happy except for the glass house staff which were very slow and not helpful and the Sindhu staff a bit miserable, captain was very nice and very talkative with his daily messages . 
last few photos are of the gingerbread village the put up the night before we got off for the next cruise going to Norway.

IMG_5009.jpeg

IMG_5002.jpeg

IMG_5127.jpeg

IMG_5135.jpeg

IMG_5147.jpeg

IMG_5150.jpeg

IMG_5144.jpeg

IMG_5141.jpeg

• Like 18

It's 12˚C here with a light drizzle but the forecast is for it to get a bit colder.

Today is a chance to send a few pre-Christmas emails to friends we've met on cruises... (some several times).

We just bear in mind that a misty, moisty morning in the bleak midwinter has it's own charms and makes a bright, dry day all the better!

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

6°C and cloudy here after overnight rain.

No plans to do anything today except picking up my prescription at the local pharmacy.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Ah,but is there a Greggs next door Graham?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Nothing planned for today, maybe a walk later if weather stays ok. Dry, cloudy and currently 10c.

We watched the first of the Lord of the Rings trilogy films yesterday and will watch the others this week, it’s not a relaxing watch though it’s battle after battle leaving me quite up tight afterwards.

We are going to our eldest son for Christmas Day lunch again this year who lives locally. We are having a Christmas meal here tomorrow with MIL, Turkey crown and all of the traditional accompaniments tomorrow. We love cooking so like to cook a Christmas meal at some point in the season, even though it gets a bit fraught as serving up time approaches 🥵I’m in charge of the turkey and roast potatoes and the wife does everything else. 

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 9

On 12/18/2023 at 9:01 AM, twotravellersLondon said:

The Santa tracker Web site doesn't go live for a few days. Norad ?.🧑‍🎄🎅

• Like 5