P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

13 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

had a box of chocolates given to me for Christmas. Do I eat it quickly so it’s all gone for the New Year diet or do I just have one every day as a treat! What a dilemma

The box!!!!"

Preferably with a nice hot cup of tea.🙃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I can't stand creme eggs either, or anything oversweet or milk chocolate.  Give me very dark chocolate, preferably with nuts or stem ginger in - heaven.

My Christmas treat (to myself) is a box of Beeches dark chocolate gingers. Difficult to find and expensive but Waitrose is second best IMO. 

• Like 5

Some good news re our cruise this morning.

We have just been able to book our speciality dining restaurants for our cruise on our personaliser for the times and dates we wanted. YEAH. For those of you who remember our concerns early in September you will know how much of a relief this is for us. Very happy now.

We're also really pleased as booking seems to have opened a little early, so no sitting up at midnight tomorrow night. A late night / early morning on the 31st is enough for one weekend ! 

Just the immigration form now ...

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Some good news re our cruise this morning.

We have just been able to book our speciality dining restaurants for our cruise on our personaliser for the times and dates we wanted. YEAH. For those of you who remember our concerns early in September you will know how much of a relief this is for us. Very happy now.

We're also really pleased as booking seems to have opened a little early, so no sitting up at midnight tomorrow night. A late night / early morning on the 31st is enough for one weekend ! 

Just the immigration form now ...

Which ship are you gracing with your presence this time ?

48 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

My Christmas treat (to myself) is a box of Beeches dark chocolate gingers. Difficult to find and expensive but Waitrose is second best IMO. 

The definition of a perfect combination is dark chocolate and ginger.

Edited by Josy1953
Bad typing
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Which ship are you gracing with your presence this time ?

Britannia - she was the only ship where you couldn't pre book so they've obviously listened to what people have said as it was causing them some grief. 🙂

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

I can't stand creme eggs either, or anything oversweet or milk chocolate.  Give me very dark chocolate, preferably with nuts or stem ginger in - heaven.

I sold Payne's Just Brazil's and chocolate stem ginger(at Christmas )for 14 years.

We also sold Anthon Berg Danish chocolate 😋.

It is over 25 years ago now and sadly quite a few colleagues are poorly or no longer with us.

It is 7°C and raining here.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

• Like 13

In Tesco after Christmas a few years ago they were selling Lindor boxes for 50p each.Nobody believes us to this day.Also in that sale coconut Toblerones now discontinued,were we the only people in the world that loved them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

A belated Happy Christmas (and an early Gelukkig Nieuwjaar) to everyone.

Delighted to see that there’s a serious conversation going on - about chocolate! A subject dear to the heart of the man dubbed ‘Chocolate Grandpa’ because of the number of Amazon and Thornton’s parcels that used to arrive on grandchildren’s doorsteps. The best though was the ‘Wall of Easter Eggs’ one year when Thornton’s had a particularly good post-Easter online sale. Lindt for me too, thanks, except Lindor (sorry @mrsgoggins) - too sickly for me. Bored with Hotel Chocolat, but oddly never bored with Cadbury’s, aside from their weird flavours. Leonidas from Belgium still the absolute favourite, but that would get boring too - though unlikely at UK prices!

Which takes me back to Gelukkig Nieuwjaar……..Happy New Year in Dutch, and a reminder of all the incredible holidays we used to have with the children every single year in Amsterdam from Boxing Day to 3 January  -  just to escape the onslaught of relatives descending and expecting to be fed and entertained! And a branch of Leonidas selling at Belgian prices too! New Year’s Day 2000 saw us all in Dam Square with a bottle of Champagne which was almost impossible to open because of the crush, and awake half the night in our central Amsterdam apartment because of the noise of the fireworks!

• Like 16

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

I believe they change the recipe for the crème eggs after Cadbury’s were taken over, I find them much to sweet now, if we have one it’s often the Galaxy equivalent. 

At Christmas had a box of Lindt Lindor Milk Truffles, trying to limit myself to one a day. 😂 

Not yet started the mixed box of Green & Blacks Chocolate or the Gingery Orange Toblerone, plus we have 2 boxes of Heroes for sharing with visitors. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I sold Payne's Just Brazil's and chocolate stem ginger(at Christmas )for 14 years.

We also sold Anthon Berg Danish chocolate 😋.

It is over 25 years ago now and sadly quite a few colleagues are poorly or no longer with us.

It is 7°C and raining here.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Paynes Just Brazils or other brands of chocolate covered Brazil nuts are very difficult to get nowadays. I particularly like the dark chocolate ones.

• Like 6

We’ve had dishwasher problems this week. After 15 years our dishwasher finally failed on Boxing Day, I researched on line and ordered another from John Lewis the same day and was pleasantly surprised it could be delivered and fitted today. This morning the fitters came and couldn’t fit it because of the way that our original kitchen fitter had attached the integrated door, it appears to be stuck not screwed on and they couldn’t get it off. So old and new dishwashers are now in the garage, I’m trying to contact the original fitter (if he is still doing it) to come up with a solution, if not I’ll contact another fitter. Very frustrating 🤬

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 3

I think the oldest discovered ,was an Egyptian tomb filled with chocolate and hazelnut

They believe it is the tomb of Pharaoh Rocher.😉

I also like fun facts about chocolates ...

Did you know why they made Toblerone bars triangular shaped ??

So that they would fit in their box , (not a lot know that) 🙃

Have a good day 🙂

• Haha 15

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Britannia - she was the only ship where you couldn't pre book so they've obviously listened to what people have said as it was causing them some grief. 🙂

Enjoy it.  We have only been on her for her maiden voyage which we really enjoyed.  We liked the ship but for some reason we have never found a cruise that we wanted to do on her at the right time since.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We’ve had dishwasher problems this week. After 15 years our dishwasher finally failed on Boxing Day, I researched on line and ordered another from John Lewis the same day and was pleasantly surprised it could be delivered and fitted today. This morning the fitters came and couldn’t fit it because of the way that our original kitchen fitter had attached the integrated door, it appears to be stuck not screwed on and they couldn’t get it off. So old and new dishwashers are now in the garage, I’m trying to contact the original fitter (if he is still doing it) to come up with a solution, if not I’ll contact another fitter. Very frustrating 🤬

Awful - and so frustrating. Hope you get that sorted out quickly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kalos said:

I think the oldest discovered ,was an Egyptian tomb filled with chocolate and hazelnut

They believe it is the tomb of Pharaoh Rocher.😉

I also like fun facts about chocolates ...

Did you know why they made Toblerone bars triangular shaped ??

So that they would fit in their box , (not a lot know that) 🙃

Have a good day 🙂

Have they done away with the bear in the logo now?

image.thumb.png.fd29f24cbebd0a7c51a27c5213ab5537.png

• Haha 2

It's 

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

In Tesco after Christmas a few years ago they were selling Lindor boxes for 50p each.Nobody believes us to this day.Also in that sale coconut Toblerones now discontinued,were we the only people in the world that loved them.

I  wouldn't take Lindor chocolates if they were giving them away free.  I don't remember ever having seen coconut Toblerones but maybe I just wiped it from my memory because I hate coconut in or on anything, mum occasionally used to get a fresh coconut and I was the only person in the family who didn't eat anyone it.  Toblerone is one of my favourite chocolates but only the milk chocolate version for me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Look again Harry ..He is there in his white coat 🤣

That’s the old packaging though, Kalos, complete with bear on mountain. I recall reading that it had been redesigned out, and just wondered if they’d gone ahead with it.

Check your Toblerones, guys………..look for the bear! 🙂

• Like 4

3 hours ago, pete14 said:

My last meal request would be the entire Lindt factory. Even doing my best, it would take an enormous amount of time and at the end of it, I wouldn’t care one way or the other. 

Our end of life plans both very much potentially involve Dignitas and Switzerland unless the law changes.

Might include the Lindt factory on the way! 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Our end of life plans both very much potentially involve Dignitas and Switzerland unless the law changes.

Might include the Lindt factory on the way! 😉

Just avoid the bears Harry.

• Haha 3