P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Thank you Jane, I’ve just got home from a manic morning at work and booked the Beach House for my upcoming cruise 😁

Yay. How exciting for you Sue. I've just read TigerB's last review and The Beach House looked and sounded really good. I hope you both have a wonderful cruise. Jane xx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Palaceman said:

I just wish that everyone, the press and people on social media including on this forum would leave Catherine alone. The Palace first announced that she was undergoing an operation and will be away from carrying out public duties until Easter. That is all we need to know!

I agree with your wish for her to be left alone. I am completely indifferent to the whole family. I don’t wish them any harm of course but I have no interest in reading about them or seeing regular pictures of them. 
Don’t forget, it is they who took, manipulated and released the picture. Nobody forced them to do so. 

• Like 3

Finally made it home after the last 5hr stint.Happy birthday to Pauline from me Graham.We're rustling up liver and bacon.Chicken livers for the faint hearted I'm afraid but we don't mind them,lol.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

It was Eavesway, haven’t seen anything else about it, I’m gutted for them.

So am I, also for the poor driver. What an awful situation to be in. We have travelled with Eavesway countless times and never had any problems, I wonder if it had been Intercruises the ship would have waited longer. Aurora was going on a 16 night Northern Lights cruise, such a shame.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I agree with your wish for her to be left alone. I am completely indifferent to the whole family. I don’t wish them any harm of course but I have no interest in reading about them or seeing regular pictures of them. 
Don’t forget, it is they who took, manipulated and released the picture. Nobody forced them to do so. 

I also agree they should be left alone and the only reason they released a photo was due to constant pressure from the press and social media. If they had been left alone to allow The Princess of Wales to recuperate, ready to resume Royal duties after Easter as was announced there would have been no need for them to issue a photo. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

So am I, also for the poor driver. What an awful situation to be in. We have travelled with Eavesway countless times and never had any problems, I wonder if it had been Intercruises the ship would have waited longer. Aurora was going on a 16 night Northern Lights cruise, such a shame.

Why would they have waited longer for Intercruises ?  I think that it is likely that they would wait as long as they could whichever coach company was held up by problems on the motorway because P&O would surely prefer that the passengers were on the ship regardless of which coach they were on.  If it was ever found that the decision to sail without the passengers was influenced by the coach company it would be very bad publicity for them.  I think that it is probably more likely that the decision was influenced by the port officials or by the tides.

33 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Why would they have waited longer for Intercruises ?  I think that it is likely that they would wait as long as they could whichever coach company was held up by problems on the motorway because P&O would surely prefer that the passengers were on the ship regardless of which coach they were on.  If it was ever found that the decision to sail without the passengers was influenced by the coach company it would be very bad publicity for them.  I think that it is probably more likely that the decision was influenced by the port officials or by the tides.

Yes quite but I just wonder if it would have made a decision  on the preferred operator, just IMO, I feare a lot of insurance claims coming on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I thought that if you booked with  the designated coach company then P&O guaranteed that the ship would wait, or failing that you would be flown to the first port of call, at P&O's expense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought that if you booked with  the designated coach company then P&O guaranteed that the ship would wait, or failing that you would be flown to the first port of call, at P&O's expense.

We were told that by the driver of the coach

• Like 2

11 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I didn't know that but for us and I am sure other people that would be a no go. DH has health problems which stop him from flying.

We are going to have to decide whether we just take a risk and keep using the coach or start driving down to Southampton thevday before as we used to do until 2022.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Home cooking and fresh veggies.Onions and mushrooms with the L&B.IMG_20240313_2020161052168.thumb.jpg.1132d748635b5557b33c26b3fb5c2513.jpg

That looks lovely Brian. I'm with you on the chicken liver front - I love them! I worked in the Jewish community for many years and often went to Kosher restaurants where chicken livers played a big part - and I sort of grew into them  - luvverly!

I realised Brian that I hadn't commented on your lovely family photo from your weekend get together in Camden (my favourite place). It was a lovely relaxed picture and I very much hope it heralds the start of some very warm relationships. Jane xx

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

The rain is pouring down here and it is 8°C.

I hope everyone is well and we all have a wonderful day.

Thanks Graham, and thanks for your fab food pics on Pauline's special day. Your e ening dinner looked sple did. Have a good day. Jane xx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I didn't know that but for us and I am sure other people that would be a no go. DH has health problems which stop him from flying.

We are going to have to decide whether we just take a risk and keep using the coach or start driving down to Southampton thevday before as we used to do until 2022.

If it helps we have been using the coaches since 2015.

We haven't missed the boat yet! 😉

• Like 3

14 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I understood that Eavesway were dropped as an official partner of P&O in favour of Intercruises a few years ago.

On Intercruises website under FAQs there is this question

What happens if we are delayed getting to the ship?
We allow the coaches a cushion of about three hours between estimated time of arrival and ship departure time for just this eventuality. As we are the official coach connection service for your cruise company, there is a facility for the ship to delay departure for a period of time.
There is no such question and answer on Eavesway.
So it would appear going with Eavesway there is no guarantee that the Cruise ship would wait
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

The rain is pouring down here and it is 8°C.

I hope everyone is well and we all have a wonderful day.

By contrast with the North-East we have 9˚C this morning, fine weather and the promise of some sunshine later. A chance today to tidy the garden a bit and cut back a Berberis hedge... trying to work up enough excitement to wash the car! 

Best wishes to all

Edited by twotravellersLondon
  • Like 6

36 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

I understood that Eavesway were dropped as an official partner of P&O in favour of Intercruises a few years ago.

On Intercruises website under FAQs there is this question

What happens if we are delayed getting to the ship?
We allow the coaches a cushion of about three hours between estimated time of arrival and ship departure time for just this eventuality. As we are the official coach connection service for your cruise company, there is a facility for the ship to delay departure for a period of time.
There is no such question and answer on Eavesway.
So it would appear going with Eavesway there is no guarantee that the Cruise ship would wait

Was this not longer than 3 hours so no guarantee with Intercruises either.

Very unfortunate situation though as someone else commented fortunately rare (though no consolation if you are affected)

• Like 4

13c and bright here, we had a bit of light rain earlier. I cut the grass yesterday and did some general garden tidying. The lawn is as much moss as grass so I will get some quotes from local firms to apply weed, feed and moss killer, then later scarify and reseed.

• Like 6

A dry day here. 

I was not well last night with a migraine and slight chest pains.  I called 111 who said that a doctor would call me back, a very nice lady doctor called back at 2:10 am by which time I had gone to sleep and the chest pain had gone so she suggested seeing my GP this morning. 

I had an appointment already arranged with the optician at 9am so had to arrange my GP appointment for 11am.  I now know that although my prescription has not changed I have signs of a cataract in my right eye but it doesn't need treatment at the moment but I did decide to order new glasses, as I do ever year, but they aren't likely to be ready before we go on holiday.  I then went to the surgery and saw the senior nurse practitioner who suspects an angina attack so I now have an appointment for an ECG followed by an appointment with the GP 25 minutes later to review my medication because although I had the same medication it was a different brand and for some people the brand can make a difference because of ingredients that are used in addition to the drug to build the actual tablets.

I have had to call our travel insurance and pay a small amount to cover my "undiagnosed condition".  I really do badly need our planned cruise for my birthday.

I hope everyone else is having a better day.

• Like 16

Sorry you have had a not very nice day so far, Josy; we all get them from time to time and with average luck things will improve with the new medication and after your tests.  And having a cruise to look forward to does help!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1