P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

My sister is home but has to take things easy.  She has to inform the DVLA that she is not allowed to drive for 6 weeks and that may be extended if she has another bleed or if her next MRI shows anything abnormal.

She has said that she is coming out for our sisters' monthly lunch on Friday.

My niece is staying with her Nan and will phone one of us if Nan is feeling ill. One sister is less than 5 minutes away in the car and I am about 10 minutes away.

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

My sister is home but has to take things easy. 

My niece is staying with her Nan and will phone one of us if Nan is feeling ill. One sister is less than 5 minutes away in the car and I am about 10 minutes away.

Sounds like she's in good hands and on the way to recovery .. Good news 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

My sister is home but has to take things easy.  She has to inform the DVLA that she is not allowed to drive for 6 weeks and that may be extended if she has another bleed or if her next MRI shows anything abnormal.

I'm pleased to hear your sister is home from the hospital.

Prayers 🙏 she has no more brain bleeds.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Glad to hear that your sister is home, and has a good support team around her.

I know, only too well the frustration of not being allowed to drive due to brain problems!

• Like 3

Morning ,one of those mornings when wide awake before daybreak for 

no particular reason.

So it's early morning cuppa ,planning next cruise or holiday ?

Maybe both ,who knows ? plenty of planning time when up this early .

All have a good day and take care .🙂

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Great news your sister is home Josy, hope everything goes ok for her in the future 

Michelle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

It looks a cloudy day here and periods of intermittent rain are forecast.

I am collecting three of our grandchildren this morning. I am on grandma duty Tuesday to Thursday as it’s half-term. I had a Tesco delivery last night as I know they will eat me out of house and home!!

Hubby has been busy in garden all weekend building me a raised sitting area directly out of the conservatory with a slope down into the garden, it’s looking great and a massive help to me.

Have a lovely day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 11

10 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Nature just treated us to this wonderful spectacle.

20240527_210438.jpg

20240527_210430.jpg

20240527_210426.jpg

20240527_210419.jpg

I love taking photos of sunsets.  Over the years I have taken photos of some spectacular sunsets taken in various parts of the world.  I was lucky enough to have a job that took me to many places that I would never have visited by choice but in retrospect I look back and am thankful to have been so lucky.  I have also been to a few places that I would never want to visit again.  My favourite memory is of going to a beach barbecue in Nova Scotia and walking on the frozen sea in December.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

10°C and sunny here.

Nothing planned for today.

I hope everyone has a good day.

How are you and Pauline feeling? Hopefully you are both a bit better..

Gill x

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I have just had a "chat" with my social worker nephew to see if he was going round to see his mum today and now I am really annoyed.  He said that he doesn't have time because he has to think about his "clients" and is going to support one of them in court this morning and then check on the ones who are living on the streets in Hanley so until late this afternoon he won't have time to even make a phone call or text.  I have checked if she needs anything that the grandchildren can't handle and told her to phone if she wants anything.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

This is the rainbow behind our house this evening.  The strange thing is that it is raining at the back but no sign of rain at the front of the house.20240527_205827.thumb.jpg.dd958aefa79dfbe13a91927d1e0025e6.jpg

🌈A rainbow is a symbol of wellness, good health and happiness.

I hope your sister continues to improve Josy, and that your rainbow is a future promise for your whole family.

Enjoy your meal out together.

Avril  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just had a "chat" with my social worker nephew to see if he was going round to see his mum today and now I am really annoyed.  He said that he doesn't have time because he has to think about his "clients" and is going to support one of them in court this morning and then check on the ones who are living on the streets in Hanley so until late this afternoon he won't have time to even make a phone call or text.  I have checked if she needs anything that the grandchildren can't handle and told her to phone if she wants anything.

TBH, he needs to be told a few home truths about priorities.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, zap99 said:

TBH, he needs to be told a few home truths about priorities.

It would seem that his priorities are with his work. Having worked in a similar area a court case means he could lose his job if he does not attend. It also depends on him having to see his mother . Is there a problem with her health or such that he has to see her early in the day?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Funboy said:

It would seem that his priorities are with his work. Having worked in a similar area a court case means he could lose his job if he does not attend. It also depends on him having to see his mother . Is there a problem with her health or such that he has to see her early in the day?

If you look further back you’ll see that his Mum has been in hospital. It only takes a minute to make a quick phone call to see if she’s ok.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Funboy said:

His mum is ill and since his dad and sister both died last November she was only just starting to get back to normal.  I know that he had to go to court to support the client this morning but I cannot see any reason why he can't ask for compassionate time.  It is time he grew up and put his mum ahead of people who are making little effort to turn their lives around.

• Like 12