P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

If you've never sailed P&O, I respectfully ask how you can know what the food is like onboard?  I read reviews of all sorts of places but unless I've actually tried them myself I'm not exactly qualified to comment or judge on the offerings.

Fair comment just going on the experience of others, Its very unlikely that I will be trying it for myself.

Edited by Bloodaxe

Good morning,  A lovely sunny morning  but only 9° at the moment.  A busy day planned for us, the school run then shopping for some new clothes since I have lost weight and DH has gained a little so I need a size smaller and he needs a size larger for clothes that are more fitted. We will have lunch out on the way home before the school pickup beckons.

• Like 8

One child delivered to school in time for his exam that starts at 8:15 back and waiting for madam to appear ready to go to school, she is just like her mum was, time doesn't matter.:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

One child delivered to school in time for his exam that starts at 8:15 back and waiting for madam to appear ready to go to school, she is just like her mum was, time doesn't matter.:classic_biggrin:

8:15 seems awfully early for an exam to start. I guess there must be a reason.🤔

9 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Fair comment just going on the experience of others, Its very unlikely that I will be trying it for myself.

May I respectfully ask why you post on a P&O thread If you have no intention of sailing with them ?

• Like 12

Morning all.  Lovely sunny day, though with a sea breeze to take the edge off a bit.  No plans, just enjoying being in the caravan and the relaxed feel that brings

Enjoy your day

• Like 8

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

I'll ask him tonight if there's a reason for the early starts.  I am sure a lot of the parents / grandparents would prefer a bit later start because I'm not the only person doing a double school run, I know that at least one person is doing it because I see one of our neighbours doing it most days.  The last exam is next Wednesday so he won't be going to school after that, it will be college in September for A-levels and he can catch a bus to get there.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

Could it be that the school would be quieter at that time, so there's less distraction maybe?🤔

Avril

Good news,just received our 7 day prorata refund in our bank account and includes £50 food allowance at the airport.The 7 days includes the TOTAL cost which includes flights.I wasn't expecting that as we obviously flew there and back.£200 holiday vouchers will also be posted to us.

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Good news,just received our 7 day prorata refund in our bank account and includes £50 food allowance at the airport.The 7 days includes the TOTAL cost which includes flights.I wasn't expecting that as we obviously flew there and back.£200 holiday vouchers will also be posted to us.

Nice one Brian, ours ought to be along soon. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Nice one Brian, ours ought to be along soon. 

Cheers Phil,probably because we booked direct online with TUI.Plus we had priority boarding on the 1st lifeboat😉.

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

They were just testing it to make sure it was safe for us

Yeah,I wondered why it was a bit overcrowded.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Could it be that the school would be quieter at that time, so there's less distraction maybe?🤔

Avril

I am sure the school would be quieter but officially, according to JCQ who are in charge of public examinations, morning exams should start at 9:00 with 30 minutes leeway either side. Obviously papers have to remain confidential but if one school starts a 60 minute examination at say 8:00 when it is quieter, in theory students in a different school where it starts at 9:30 may have mates who can tell them the questions having already taken the exam, or more likely put them on social media. In this hypothetical case, if the school has permission to start at 8:00, students have to remain in close supervision until 9:30, even if the exam finishes at 9:00, to maintain confidentiality and the integrity of the exam. 
Every day is a school day. 🥴

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok today.

I have had a stressful couple of days. My mum (nearly 90) had a fall in St Annes on Weds, the front wheel of her Walker got stuck in small pot hole and she carried on walking and went flat on her face. To cut a long story short she dislodged her front teeth and has lots of facial bruising but she is ok. The dentist has moved her teeth back into place and has secured them with a wire for two weeks. I have seen her this morning, she is doing well but her face is badly bruised but she is fine in herself.

On a different note the island for our kitchen and the new outside door arrived this morning, been fitted tomorrow.

Have a nice weekend everyone 

Michelle

• Like 14

51 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I have had a stressful couple of days. My mum (nearly 90) had a fall in St Annes on Weds, the front wheel of her Walker got stuck in small pot hole and she carried on walking and went flat on her face. To cut a long story short she dislodged her front teeth and has lots of facial bruising but she is ok. The dentist has moved her teeth back into place and has secured them with a wire for two weeks. I have seen her this morning, she is doing well but her face is badly bruised but she is fine in herself.

On a different note the island for our kitchen and the new outside door arrived this morning, been fitted tomorrow.

Michelle

I'm so sorry to hear about your dear mam's fall Michelle.

Sending her love and hugs 🤗.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Oh no….your poor Mum. That must have really shaken her up. 
Hoping she recovers quickly.

x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, zap99 said:

May I respectfully ask why you post on a P&O thread If you have no intention of sailing with them ?

I think it's because we are all lovely on here John.

I'm surprised he has not sailed on P&O our favourite cruise line.

It is impossible though for anyone who has never sailed on a particular cruise line to give true first hand opinions of that cruise line which is important to us in making decisions.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 12

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, zap99 said:

Just out of interest but I will not bother anymore.

I have always made it clear that I had not and probably would not sail P nd O.

Edited by Bloodaxe

Michelle - I’m so sorry; I hope your Mum makes a smooth, full recovery.  It might be an idea to contact your local Councillor if there are obvious trip hazards on the pavements?

It’s sunny but breezy here

Aidasol is in port, so the passengers should enjoy themselves

E064E9E4-9F1E-4E7C-992D-678D214481E2.thumb.jpeg.f98f214c2dfe5752691b741e3c47f156.jpeg

Some wild flowers for Avril.  They’re probably a week beyond their best but still putting up a good show

17C86F68-5470-45C6-BA50-AB3947B5639F.thumb.jpeg.d333f981f4bdd8ed049a4c3b5f7a24b2.jpeg

962ED0B5-09EA-44D1-8F0E-57C98314CF55.thumb.jpeg.45a94ef7055760c99c325be0c2d14c66.jpeg

And my lovely pooch

920E5717-758A-4A7F-8DD8-75D7E7792B57.thumb.jpeg.c3fa60f60aa967aba02e339cf3b60dc2.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I think it's because we are all lovely on here John.

I'm surprised he has not sailed on P&O our favourite cruise line.

It is impossible though for anyone who has never sailed on a particular cruise line to give true first hand opinions of that cruise line which is important to us in making decisions.

I tried posting on a knitting forum once but they barred me for using wrong thread 🙃

@Bloodaxe I don't think anyone has said "you should not post" but possibly find

it strange that you pass comment on food etc going on what you have read  about

P&O ships  Some folk over the years have been known to post a few years before 

sailing .

• Like 9

The reason for the early start is so that the teachers can be sure that everyone is in school before the scheduled exam time and can calm the nervous pupils .  They use the time before the exam starts to do last minute cramming although if they haven't already revised I can't see the point.  Anyone who needs to can use the restrooms before going into the hall.  They go into the hall at 8:45, find their seats and settle down before the exam starts at 9am. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Michelle - I’m so sorry; I hope your Mum makes a smooth, full recovery.  It might be an idea to contact your local Councillor if there are obvious trip hazards on the pavements?

It’s sunny but breezy here

Aidasol is in port, so the passengers should enjoy themselves

E064E9E4-9F1E-4E7C-992D-678D214481E2.thumb.jpeg.f98f214c2dfe5752691b741e3c47f156.jpeg

Some wild flowers for Avril.  They’re probably a week beyond their best but still putting up a good show

17C86F68-5470-45C6-BA50-AB3947B5639F.thumb.jpeg.d333f981f4bdd8ed049a4c3b5f7a24b2.jpeg

962ED0B5-09EA-44D1-8F0E-57C98314CF55.thumb.jpeg.45a94ef7055760c99c325be0c2d14c66.jpeg

And my lovely pooch

920E5717-758A-4A7F-8DD8-75D7E7792B57.thumb.jpeg.c3fa60f60aa967aba02e339cf3b60dc2.jpeg

Love the flower pics especially the one with the cute dog

Michelle

• Like 1