P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

14 minutes ago, lincslady said:

In my case, waking early obviously means tired and sleepy by 9 p.m., a vicious cir

I had the same problem when I used to work,being in bed for 10am and up at 

4am ready to start my day became the norm for me .

To this day I still feel tired around 10 but make myself stay awake until at least

11pm. I now wake up around 6.30 ish naturally but a few morning will still 

wake up at 4 am for no reason .

Not an easy cycle to break .

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Good Sunday morning everyone, having a cuppa on patio in the cool air before it gets to 28 today, yesterday was hot as well took dad to his local for all his bets on the horses and grand national and his football 🙄 and had our dinner in there as well , it was packed but when you got tv screens everywhere no one gets in your way , relaxing day today cooking a roast , my son certainly chose a good week to come out and relax in the heat , yesterday they spent the day in the Sherrington hotel pools , that’s something I like when you are over here you can walk into any hotel and use there pools / jacuzzi’s no problem. Have a good day everyone. 

IMG_5582.jpeg

• Like 14

54 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning 7.c and bright sunshine for us this morning .

Looks like the "wide awake club " are having a lie in today 😅

When you all stir from your slumber hope you all have 

a good day - Take care 🙂

It's a beautiful day here at 9˚C quite bright and very quiet. Was up and about a copole of hours ago but didn't want to waken you all. 😇🤫

Hope everyone can make the most of such a nice day.

• Like 10

38 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

It's a beautiful day here at 9˚C quite bright and very quiet. Was up and about a copole of hours ago but didn't want to waken you all. 😇🤫

Hope everyone can make the most of such a nice day.

A beautiful day here too, nice blue skies currently 8°c but predicted to get up to 10°c I was up just after 5 am ( thank you to the dogs who live next door and obviously asked to go out early this morning ).  We are planning to go to Bridgemere today to get some plants to start the baskets and pots off around the patio and borders.

Have a lovely day everyone whatever you are doing.

• Like 8

Good Afternoon everyone.  

I will post last night menu & food pictures below,  I'm still having trouble uploading 📷  pics, so will  have to wait until we return home in a weeks time.

Sunday,  we decided to  visit N.T. Cotehere, about 1hr drive away, which is on the banks of the Tamar. The old mill & house/ gardens are very pleasant I deed.

So today is our last day in Cornwall, tomorrow we drive east up into Devon, Sidmouth for a few days at our favourite hotel,mainly to celebrate DW birthday on Tuesday. 

I will be posting  a couple of reviews on TA, also in days ahead, ( if anyone is interested).

20240413_184338.jpg

20240413_192910.jpg

20240413_195506.jpg

20240413_195509.jpg

20240413_202120.jpg

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, Grumpycruiser60plus said:

Good Afternoon everyone.  

I will post last night menu & food pictures below,  I'm still having trouble uploading 📷  pics, so will  have to wait until we return home in a weeks time.

Sunday,  we decided to  visit N.T. Cotehere, about 1hr drive away, which is on the banks of the Tamar. The old mill & house/ gardens are very pleasant I deed.

So today is our last day in Cornwall, tomorrow we drive east up into Devon, Sidmouth for a few days at our favourite hotel,mainly to celebrate DW birthday on Tuesday. 

I will be posting  a couple of reviews on TA, also in days ahead, ( if anyone is interested).

20240413_184338.jpg

20240413_192910.jpg

20240413_195506.jpg

20240413_195509.jpg

20240413_202120.jpg

Your posh hotel in Sudmouth looked very nice last year. DW said ' we could try that on our way to St Ives in June ', so I looked on line.........how much !!!!

• Haha 8

10 hours ago, kalos said:

I had the same problem when I used to work,being in bed for 10am and up at 

I must point out guys that I used to go to bed at 10 pm and not 10am ,

I like my kip but not 18hrs worth , they didn't work me that hard honest 😅

Todays been a lovely day ,we managed a countryside stroll ,followed by 

a slow roast beef Sunday dinner . The carrots are used as a trivet  for the

beef which makes them extra tasty .

Looks to be a pleasant evening 13.c and I hope your all having a good 

day too .🙂

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

With all these fine dining pics,here's my contribution.Brekkie at Vicky coach station thursday.Beat that Graham😉.IMG_20240411_0836492462308.thumb.jpg.183f9ae50b969b2c873092dced040b32.jpg

It's not just a egg and bacon roll (yeah, there's an egg in there somewhere) it's a Greggs  24hr matured curly ,marbled, egg and bacon roll.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

A lovely day for us, our youngest Grandson and his partner and our great Grandson came over for lunch, we had a nice long walk after lunch which the little fella slept through.

The weather has been kind today, mainly sunny with a light breeze, looks a bit grim tomorrow though.

• Like 11

Good  Evening all.

Just back from our last evening dinner, tonight I had Duckliver parfait,  followed by Roast Lamb rumb, and finished with west country  cheeses,   DW, had mackerel starter, followed by the stone bass curry. I have to add we have enjoyed all the dishes here, all  very  tasty,served hot and with staff very attentive. Pics below. 

20240414_184809.jpg

20240414_191857.jpg

20240414_191920.jpg

20240414_194021.jpg

20240414_194026.jpg

20240414_195943.jpg

• Like 14

Morning 8.c here and just had a heavy rain shower.Who'd have thought it 

rain showers in April.

One things for sure the chippy's will be putting up the price of a bag of chips 

soon ,due to being too wet or dry .

Looks to be brightening up ,hope you all have a good day  

Take care 🙂

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

Good Morning All.

Horrible day here so far. It's 9c, raining, and incredibly windy - as per the forecast.

Quiet day for me today. I have a friend coming over later for coffee and a natter but otherwise nothing planned - but that's good because my back is really playing up. I stupidly thought a good bit of exercise would help my recovery ( despite Ted's protestations) but I think I've taken on too much too soon. Idiot me as usual.

There's loads to look forward to this Summer. We've got the Euros, the Olympics, and then Wimbledon. Deep joy!

Have a good day everyone and enjoy whatever you've got planned. Be well. Jane xx

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but that does not look like a bacon roll, Graham - can you enlighten me? My breakfasts are always chez moi unless I am staying away.

It is a cheesy bacon flatbread.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We were awoken this morning at 6.15 by 2 claps of thunder, torrential rain and wind beating it into the windows. Now it’s still windy with a few passing showers and 8c. Tomorrow is forecast to be dry so I have allocated it as a gardening day.

It's 10˚C, wettish and very windy. Garden spiders beware... No cobweb is safe!

Weather-wise it's very definitely a Sou-wester day so far!

Very seriously... yellow warning... gusts of 60 km/h expected in the next hour or so and up to 40 km/h until late tomorrow... Next-door's automatic outdoor lighting has come on because it's so dark. Our South-west facing windows are flexing and creaking like an ancient ship...

"All hands on the drive!" "Take down the garden parasol!" "Batten down the wheelie bins!'

Hope all are well... especially the keen kite flyers.

• Like 8

I’ve just read on the bbc an article from 3 days ago about the spring booster being available to book from today online or on tel no. 119 for over 75s, people in care homes and immunosuppressed. Eligible people will be contacted but I hadn’t seen it publicised. It’s under the bbc news health section.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Horrible weather here today, high winds, rain,  bits of blue sky keep trying to break through but quickly replaced by horrible grey clouds.  It made for an  interesting school run with bits of trees everywhere and a lot more children being taken to school in the car.

• Like 5

Its been lovely and sunny here for the last couple of hours but this morning was horrible torrential rain and hail stones so got soak when walking the dog at the beach we looked like 2 drowned rats by the time we got home.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I’ve just read on the bbc an article from 3 days ago about the spring booster being available to book from today online or on tel no. 119 for over 75s, people in care homes and immunosuppressed. Eligible people will be contacted but I hadn’t seen it publicised. It’s under the bbc news health section.

Got my invitation last week and booked for next week. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Invitation received, appointment booked... just a 10 min. walk down the road. 

Edited by twotravellersLondon
  • Like 4