P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

26 minutes ago, kalos said:

Never missed his shows .

Avril ask yourself ,how many times over the years have you said this to Frank ? 🤔

https://youtu.be/pgavN7M-vrM?si=McGvq7CXvAYhnlzv    🙃

I always thought the saying "mend fire" strange but "purra bit o sleck on" fine. All these old sayings mainly lost in the modern world.

We went to visit friends yesterday and ended up going to Fleetwood as there is a quilting shop there that the girls wanted to visit plus a good fish wholesaler. I have to say I wouldn't rush back, although it was nice to see the trams running through the town.

Dry dull day here after a sunny crisp start, we were forecast a frost but the sun had burned it off by the time we were up and about.

I have been reading about Warwick Davis and sadly the passing of his wife. Warwick is one of my favourite actors and always comes across as a smiley and genuinely nice bloke with a cutting wit. RIP Samantha Davis.

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I always thought the saying "mend fire" strange but "purra bit o sleck on" fine. All these old sayings mainly lost in the modern world.

Remember "building up"  or "damping down"  the fire for the night ? 🙂

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, kalos said:

Remember "building up"  or "damping down"  the fire for the night ? 🙂

And the coal out in the yard in a bunker or coal hole. 

I used to love the stories my grandpa told me about the fire fairies. Simpler times.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Never missed his shows .

Avril ask yourself ,how many times over the years have you said this to Frank ? 🤔

https://youtu.be/pgavN7M-vrM?si=McGvq7CXvAYhnlzv    🙃

Too many to count kalos😁

Reminds me of two confusing remarks I heard when a newbie to Yorkshire....

Mend the fire...... which obviously wasn't broken🥴,

Mash the tea........Mum brewed tea and mashed potatoes🤫😁

Avril

• Haha 4

Nearly everyone in our village has a log burner.Loved the smell in the winter and huge lorry loads of logs being delivered.PS nice to hear from you Jane @Beckett was getting worried for a while.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good  afternoon all. 

Today, we are in Exmouth,  taking the extended river cruise up to Topsham ( the tide is right) we like to take any  opportunity to get out onto the water when can. A couple of pics to follow. 

Until  dinner later.

pics later. 

20240418_121423.jpg

20240418_121543.jpg

Edited by Grumpycruiser60plus
Missing words
  • Like 11

Good afternoon everyone, hope everyone is ok today. It’s started raining about an hour ago here, luckily had the dogs out for a long walk this morning.

I have just dropped my hubby at the hospital, he is having a hernia repair done this afternoon, 2nd time doing it. He has been sent to Spire from NHS to get it done, they must be outsourcing their work. Hubby says they have told him he will be out tonight but he is still waiting to go to theatre.

Michelle

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I have just dropped my hubby at the hospital, he is having a hernia repair done this afternoon, 2nd time doing it.

Best wishes and hope all goes well 2'nd time of asking 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon all

Just checking in, though I have nothing to say - except all the best to those with medical appointments etc at the moment

We’ve had quite a nice day.  Bright & sunny but the strong wind has dropped.  It’s still not terribly warm thoughE0DFD3F1-4856-4372-8858-60C6E3A7566E.jpeg.494553818174f1d04afe3d13e578be5d.jpeg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Good afternoon everyone, hope everyone is ok today. It’s started raining about an hour ago here, luckily had the dogs out for a long walk this morning.

I have just dropped my hubby at the hospital, he is having a hernia repair done this afternoon, 2nd time doing it. He has been sent to Spire from NHS to get it done, they must be outsourcing their work. Hubby says they have told him he will be out tonight but he is still waiting to go to theatre.

Michelle

I hope your husband's operation is successful and he has a full recovery.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Hi Michelle, I hope Richard’s op goes Ok and he recovers quickly. He has got lots of jobs do on the house hasn’t he?

Today I have been to my annual meet up of class of 61, Rivington & Blackrod Grammar School. There used to be about 40 of us but there was only 16 this time, sign of the times.

We still had a good time reminiscing and the time just flew by. There are a number of us who went to infant, junior and grammar school together so we have lots of history. 

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Grumpycruiser60plus said:

Good  afternoon all. 

Today, we are in Exmouth,  taking the extended river cruise up to Topsham ( the tide is right) we like to take any  opportunity to get out onto the water when can. A couple of pics to follow. 

Until  dinner later.

pics later. 

20240418_121423.jpg

20240418_121543.jpg

My home town. Lovely weather for a change! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just had a very lucrative phone call from Sky asking me how I am enjoying my TV package. As a result I have managed to negotiate a £24pm reduction including Sky Cinema, which we don't  currently have. Quite happy with that.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jennizor said:

Hi Michelle, I hope Richard’s op goes Ok and he recovers quickly. He has got lots of jobs do on the house hasn’t he?

Today I have been to my annual meet up of class of 61, Rivington & Blackrod Grammar School. There used to be about 40 of us but there was only 16 this time, sign of the times.

We still had a good time reminiscing and the time just flew by. There are a number of us who went to infant, junior and grammar school together so we have lots of history. 

I remember you told me about that when we were on Arvia. Did you have a good time?

Richard has been doing loads on the house, lining paper on in the kitchen/diner just waiting to be painted. Decorator was here this week to paper and paint lounge ceiling too. Still loads to do but downstairs looks like a home now.

Michelle

• Like 5

Just home from our first ladies bowling match of the season.  We were all soaked but  6 of us won our individual games and the lady who lost her game only lost by 2 chalks so a brilliant win for the team.

• Like 8

Good Evening All. Sadly for the last time,  we head for home back to Kent tomorrow.  We have had a very relaxing 2 weeks in the west country,  1st week with son & dil+ grand kids,  weather was a disappointment,  but has improved this past week  in Cornwall, then Devon.  

Tonight's menu.  We started with mackerel (dw) me pork/  cranberry terrine. Both had Haddock filet, followed  by pecan tart & Me the orange  cheesecake.

Pic below.   We have enjoyed all the hotel meals,  it is a treat  to not have to decide which meals for each day normally when at home.

As mentioned previously I will post pictures/ re views over on T.A. Once  settled  back home. 

Hope you have enjoyed the pictures  along the way. And thanks for the likes & quotes. 

20240418_183330.jpg

20240418_183341.jpg

20240418_190720.jpg

20240418_190722.jpg

20240418_192443.jpg

20240418_195434.jpg

20240418_195443.jpg

• Like 16

Hello members of the Wideawake Club, if you are around.  Having slept from 10 until 2, can't really complain, but hoping the mug of tea laced with a drop of the hard stuff may work to put me back to sleep after a while.  My current reading does not help, as it is a page turner but about a missing wife with a convoluted plot.  I have enjoyed the Vera novels; believable plots and interesting characters, plus the atmosphere of Northumbria as I remember it from visits to relatives in Whitley Bay many years ago.  I will start reading them again soon!  (Old age has the advantage of not quite remembering the plot when you tend to speedread.)

I have the joy of phoning the nhs today as I have not yet had a date for my echocardiogram , and was given today's date  to remind them.

• Like 6

I’m wide awake too , had about 4 hours so far and hopefully pop back off soon to sleep, we took my father in-law and my son and fiancée out to dinner tonight and they all had wonderful huge steaks and I had a chicken breast covered in like a Caribbean sauce which was nice but my photos don’t do it justice.

Pep the dog had a lovely time at the pamper parlour with her first bath and her nails cut and feels silky smooth now , we take my son to the airport tomorrow and then Saturday back to the airport to pick my sister in-law up and then I’ve got 2 more cooking days for them all then 2 days off before I come home .

• Like 11

I was here but didn't know you were!😊  Slightly different... I haven't been to sleep yet.  I have tried a couple of times.  Not going to bother now.   The trouble is,  I have to go to town later.

Oh well, I expect I wont be the only haggard person there😂

• Like 8

I didn't wake until 5.30 and my fitbit says that I managed 6 hours 9 minutes sleep which is unusual for me but I was  very tired after bowling last night so I shouldn't be surprised.

I am amazed to hear on the news this morning that primary school aged children have smart phones, 24% of 4 to 5 year olds have one.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 5