P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Our 36 year old grandson had his 1st jab on Tuesday and couldn't wait to get it done. Some of them have a sense of responsability thank goodness. He's trying to lead by example, as one or two of his friends and work colleagues are a little reluctant. 

Avril

Well done to your grandson Avril.

He cares about you and Frank,his mam and dad and himself.

Graham.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Just a silly thought, but have you noticed that jokey, funny,  lighthearted  and chatty posts  get many more 'likes; and 'loves'....

That must say something about the majority of us and what we want, what we really really want on here 🙃😃   xxx

I hope everyone Likes this.

Screenshot_20210516_201146.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning.

For any Veterans amongst us who are members of the Defense Discount Scheme, P&O, Cunard and Princess are offering up to 45% discount on Staycations. For example, 7 nights on 27th August, Britannia, balcony cabin, £336 pp. Very tempted !

Will be looking at this right now

🙂

Well, what a day, weather wise 💨 💨 💨 

Those poor people on MSC Virtuoso 🙄.  Let’s hope el Capitano got an honours pass in his *coping with gales* course.

We had a lot of *things that go bump in the night* and although we were fortunate in having no rain when we took our walk this morning the strength of the wind was ridiculous.  There were times I thought it might even pick the poor pup off her feet.  I would have been holding the lead with her flying behind, as some sort of life-like novelty helium balloon 💭 

Still, she had her run round the cricket field and we did our customary Friday visit to the fish van.  Not as much choice as usual, as the boats haven’t been able to get out, but am happy with some nice trout fillets.  No peril for anyone in sourcing them 🐟 

Hope everyone is fine - no broken greenhouses, lost roof tiles etc 

• Like 8

Supposed to be having new grass put in our front garden today, grass here, top soil here, half dug out but gardener gone home due to weather. Now cant use the drive bugger. 

But its not to bad in the scheme of things

Edited by FamilyCruiserUK

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

You should rightly be proud Jane.

It is the under 35s who will be in the pubs in massive numbers but they think they are immune and it is disappointing that they don't seem keen to get vaccinated which ultimately will affect us all.

10°C and it has been raining all morning.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

I think what you say about the under 35's not wanting to get jabbed is true in part but the ones I know are keen to get jabbed partly to protect others and partly so they can go on holiday! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I think what you say about the under 35's not wanting to get jabbed is true in part but the ones I know are keen to get jabbed partly to protect others and partly so they can go on holiday! 

Personally I hope everyone gets the vaccine jab.

Our Sarah is 40 and has already had covid19 but is unsure about getting the jab because of all her Epilepsy medication.

Afternoon all.  Our friend has just spent all week visiting from London.  What a fun time we've had.  Went to 2 National Trust properties, also had a boat ride in Salcombe, courtesy of one of my colleagues and then topped it off with dinner in a pub last night!  Really feel back to normal.

I sure hope that by the time we cruise next April, masks are a thing of the past.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, kalos said:

I thought everyone knew that pork was "cushty" and your prawns were "pukka" :classic_unsure:

Well, what a learning day this has been. M5 Roadworks. Road coned off, nobody working. You can get a halal, or Kosher prawn.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

I much prefer your morning drivel kalos, no substitute for a snigger or a giggle, even a full on belly laugh if you aren't drinking at the time. I took your advice and have started watching Friday night dinner, I have to say we are enjoying it, I don't find a lot of modern comedy that funny but this one is, even in its simplicity and repetitiveness. Not sure what the political theme is as I have a couple of trolls blocked. 

Never my favourite band, but I wouldn't block them. RIP Reg Presley.  BA ba ba ba ba ( try getting that past predictive)🤣

34 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Well, what a learning day this has been. M5 Roadworks. Road coned off, nobody working. You can get a halal, or Kosher prawn.🤣

There are also roadworks between Carland Cross and Chiverton Cross on the A30, which is a bottleneck at the best of times!! Good luck.

5 minutes ago, purplesea said:

There are also roadworks between Carland Cross and Chiverton Cross on the A30, which is a bottleneck at the best of times!! Good luck.

Thanks for that, but we are going to Looe so will miss that. Giving North Cornwall a miss this year. Going South, maybe South Devon next as Jean misses the visitors.🤣

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Friday.

Very windy here in N.London this morning - plenty of branches to traverse on the roads. 

We've had biblical rain all week ( but I expect a drought will still be announced soon). We had a flood in the surgery on Monday due to the street storm drains not being able to cope. We are on an incline so the water just ran in unhindered. Guess who was out in the street, in bare feet, soaked to skin, clearing the drains so they could run freely? Yes, me! Oh the joys of being a Practice Manager. 

That aside, a very busy week. We're calling the the 36 year olds for vaccines - but not had a great response so far. It's getting harder to persuade people to be vaccinated which is a huge disappointment. Our vaccine hub is closing in July and patients will be attending a much bigger centre at a local sports stadium. We've done our bit and are proud of it. Time for others to take over now.

I hope you are all well and safe and I wish you all a happy, wet, weekend. Best wishes to all. Jane.x

I’m so sorry to hear that Jane and it makes me feel so sad and embarrassed by my age group. I had my vaccination this week at a small local hospital and it made me feel quite emotional. All the staff showing me in were absolutely wonderful and I told them such. I was so thankful. Honestly I’m so thankful for everyone that’s helped get us out this mess.

I have worked with customers throughout and I’ve been lucky not to catch it. With my job I can’t stay 2m away. A few of my colleagues have caught it, one who the same age as me now struggles walking up the stairs and gets very out of breath. She now has an inhaler. I have been so worried about catching it and passing it on and I now feel like a weight has been lifted. 

I hope you have some lovely people in their 30’s visiting you this week. Please ignore the bad ones. Honestly we all appreciate you!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Just a silly thought, but have you noticed that jokey, funny,  lighthearted  and chatty posts  get many more 'likes; and 'loves'....

That must say something about the majority of us and what we want, what we really really want on here 🙃😃   xxx

image_a0be67dd-0955-479b-806b-5a4e6077562920210519_205524.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Afternoon all.  Our friend has just spent all week visiting from London.  What a fun time we've had.  Went to 2 National Trust properties, also had a boat ride in Salcombe, courtesy of one of my colleagues and then topped it off with dinner in a pub last night!  Really feel back to normal.

I sure hope that by the time we cruise next April, masks are a thing of the past.

Nice to see you back jean , I was getting a bit worried there myself about you not posting for a while but since you had a friend stay I understand you were busy and having such fun well done you and glad it was just friends visiting and you were not ill .

• Like 3

18 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Personally I hope everyone gets the vaccine jab.

Our Sarah is 40 and has already had covid19 but is unsure about getting the jab because of all her Epilepsy medication.

My BIL is 76 and epileptic with strong meds and has had both Oxford jabs.Hopefully your daughter is the same.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Nice to see you back jean , I was getting a bit worried there myself about you not posting for a while but since you had a friend stay I understand you were busy and having such fun well done you and glad it was just friends visiting and you were not ill .

Hi Purdey, nice of you to worry about me.  I must say, my bl**dy new hip is giving me grief.  I turned badly the other day, let out a hell of a shriek, sharp pain in knee and hip.  My physio tells me it's probably the nerve running from my back, but I'm terrified I have damaged the hip.

• Like 1

It is quiet here this morning.

Hope everyone's well and just busy.

What awful night we had, torrential rain and gale force winds. Sun is shining this morning and there's it's still a bit breezy, but a big improvement over yesterday's weather.

Eldest daughter said she would call in later.

Take care and stay safe.

• Like 2