PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

3 hours ago, suzyed said:

As far as I know...we don't subscribe to this "QR code" thingie?

Don't know how (or if) one gets the code in Florida. In California we can submit our email or phone info and get a link for a QR Code that contains our names, vaccination dates, type of vaccine, number of doses, etc. The code is encrypted so special software is needed to read it. Princess and many other businesses can scan the code on your phone or tablet to verify you are vaccinated.

Note: If you are unsure what a QR Code is it's one of these things.

EDIT: Try your state health department.

qr-code.jpg

Edited by Thrak

Well the Delta Variant has hit home for us. Our youngest daughter’s stepdaughter brought home the virus from a stay with her irresponsible mother. Our daughter went with her 1yo son to her sister’s as a precaution . However she tested positive and has returned home. We delivered food today so they don’t have to worry for a few days. The test for the son is still pending so we are praying.

4 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

Well the Delta Variant has hit home for us. Our youngest daughter’s stepdaughter brought home the virus from a stay with her irresponsible mother. Our daughter went with her 1yo son to her sister’s as a precaution . However she tested positive and has returned home. We delivered food today so they don’t have to worry for a few days. The test for the son is still pending so we are praying.

Doug, I am so sad to hear this. I will certainly add a prayer for them.

• Like 3

@Doug R., I'm sorry to hear about your family's situation.

At the risk of seeming to butt in, I'm going to offer a suggestion that I hope will be seen as helpful, as I intend it to be. 

When my brother's family had Covid in 2020, we created a shared shopping list on the app Bring! 

There are other, similar apps available.

My sister-in-law, brother, and the girls could add items to the shopping list, even while my Hubby was at the store doing their shopping. He would put their groceries on the porch, and text my brother and sister-in-law to them to let them know their groceries had arrived. Then, they would reimburse us via Venmo.

This allowed them to get what they needed, without having to pay for a service. It also allowed us to feel that we were doing something to help. 

Whether or not this is in any way helpful, I sincerely wish your daughter's family a complete and speedy recovery. 

Edited by MamaFej
typos
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

@MamaFejgood idea and may be useful going forward. Thanks!

Glad to hear it. 

By the way, we have found the Bring app to be super helpful. I had tried a few others, but this one works best for us. 

We have multiple lists: Costco House, Costco Motor Home, Grocery for both, a list of what to move back and forth between the house and RV...

My 19 year-old does my 78 year-old mom's shopping, so the two of them have a shared list. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

Don't know how (or if) one gets the code in Florida. In California we can submit our email or phone info and get a link for a QR Code that contains our names, vaccination dates, type of vaccine, number of doses, etc. The code is encrypted so special software is needed to read it. Princess and many other businesses can scan the code on your phone or tablet to verify you are vaccinated.

Note: If you are unsure what a QR Code is it's one of these things.

EDIT: Try your state health department.

qr-code.jpg

I know what a QR code is, I just don't think we will have this in Florida.

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

I caught the biggest fish ever off the side of The Rowboat. My granddaughters couldn’t stop laughing it was so small 😳 I named it Little Anthony and throw it back in the water and told him to go get his father. 😁I can’t tell you how much I hate fishing. The girls are still laughing. Watching them laugh at me made my day.

Tony

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

On 8/28/2021 at 2:38 PM, suzyed said:

Glad they get to go home!  Very scary...we were evacuated for fires here in Florida several years ago.
As far as I know...we don't subscribe to this "QR code" thingie?

On 8/28/2021 at 2:38 PM, suzyed said:

Glad they get to go home!  Very scary...we were evacuated for fires here in Florida several years ago.
As far as I know...we don't subscribe to this "QR code" thingie? Well we don't have a phone that does a QR  code we still have an ole fart phone lol

On 8/28/2021 at 6:58 PM, Doug R. said:

Sorry to hear that. 

7 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

Update: Our one year old grandson tested positive for Covid, but is doing well as is the older siblings and Mom. Son-in-law still feels like crap. So we are hopeful.

I hope they all have a quick and complete recovery.

• Like 3

Update: Things remain the same at my daughter's house which is a good thing.

The tornado last night that hit Mullica Hill, NJ was only 10 to 15 air miles from us. We got a little bit of rain but not much else. When you see all the flooding in the Philadelphia area and in North Jersey you can see how easy we got off.  🙏

Off to Atlantic Beach NC on Saturday!!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Doug R. said:

Off to Atlantic Beach NC on Saturday!!!!

Welcome to NC where the temp just dropped 15 degrees for several days. It's expected to jump right back up on Monday. But let me tell you, today's 81/low humidity was much better than yesterday's 92/high humidity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

Welcome to NC where the temp just dropped 15 degrees for several days. It's expected to jump right back up on Monday. But let me tell you, today's 81/low humidity was much better than yesterday's 92/high humidity.

Today was forecast for a high of 86° but I don't know how hot it actually got. Normally the forecast is low. Whatever it was we just left the windows and slider open and used the ceiling fans. I'm thinking the warm air flowing in the window behind my chair may have contributed to my "chair nap" today. Also having the warm laptop sitting in my lap probably helped. It's kind of like having a warm cat in your lap. Both things have a soporific effect. Whatever, I had a good chair nap while "resting my eyes" for a bit.

• Like 2

We are working with a remodeling company for the kitchen but the 8-week project start date has been pushed back, with an additional delay up front for asbestos mitigation, so bottom line is late fall/early winter build.  I’m 3-years past my third bout of cancer and with the rise of Delta in our community, am freaked about having any crew spending days in the house (even with plastic barriers) with closed windows and doors.  Can’t relocate for that time because of the cat.  No, seriously, the cat.  Discussed with the builder this morning and we are going to push back the project start until spring when the house can be open to fresh air.  Appreciated that their first concern was that we are comfortable with the project so no pushback at all.  Well… drat, but we were both relieved about the delay, which reinforced that it was the right decision for us.    At least the new fence is in, and the deck will be replaced with composite material in two weeks, with porch screened in by November.  Ironic that the projects using outdoor crews will all completed during the warmer weather.

So yes, we hate it too!

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 1:16 PM, LoriPhil said:

We are working with a remodeling company for the kitchen but the 8-week project start date has been pushed back, with an additional delay up front for asbestos mitigation, so bottom line is late fall/early winter build.  I’m 3-years past my third bout of cancer and with the rise of Delta in our community, am freaked about having any crew spending days in the house (even with plastic barriers) with closed windows and doors.  Can’t relocate for that time because of the cat.  No, seriously, the cat.  Discussed with the builder this morning and we are going to push back the project start until spring when the house can be open to fresh air.  Appreciated that their first concern was that we are comfortable with the project so no pushback at all.  Well… drat, but we were both relieved about the delay, which reinforced that it was the right decision for us.    At least the new fence is in, and the deck will be replaced with composite material in two weeks, with porch screened in by November.  Ironic that the projects using outdoor crews will all completed during the warmer weather.

So yes, we hate it too!

We are working on a bathroom remodel ! Bath tub out shower in we are 5 weeks out now!

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 2:09 AM, Thrak said:

Sorry to be so obvious but...

I

HATE CORONAVIRUS

According to the rules, you may only use that word in relation to a cruiseline's policies, etc.

It seems silly to me, but this must be to prevent long arguments with the <bad word> lovers!

🙂