PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

On 8/5/2021 at 8:58 PM, taznremmy said:

Received an email from my brother this morning stating that they were going to start loading essentials into the car, as the fire was getting closer.  They are in their late 70's, early 80's.  I am  happy they are planning ahead.  They have had to do this too many times in the past few years. 😪

So sorry glad they are safe!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2021 at 11:27 PM, Thrak said:

Our son in Burnt Ranch is under evacuation warning and has both vehicles packed full of stuff. His wife and daughter are leaving for Eureka but he can't leave because of work. He's CHP and there's no way he can go. Their neighbors have been cutting trees and bulldozing defense lines as they watch the flames of the nearby Monument Fire.

Crap. My wife just showed me shots from Greenville, CA.  Looks like the Dixie Fire is taking it. I am so sick of these fires.

So sorry just hope your family is safe!

On 8/3/2021 at 9:40 PM, PurpleHays said:

My former inlaws have been married for almost 35 turbulent years.  Both have the capability and means to leave, but seem to prefer to enable each other. I partially agree with you, but older generations were taught to work through problems and younger generations are not.  My younger daughter just broke up with her BF of four years because she saw them headed down the same path of misery that her grandparents were on and decided she didn't want that.

I left my first husband because he was becoming violent. I didn't have means, but I had supportive parents. They took on my toddler while I went to USAF basic training and we both survived. She remembers none of the violence because I was able to remove us from the situation and don't regret anything I had to do to survive--including years of ramen noodles when she got two squares a day at daycare.

• Like 1

Just now, jangor said:

I have been fortunate in marriage.  I was married for 24 1/2  years when my husband died of a massive heart attack at age 47.  Of course, this was not fortunate, but several years later, I married again and have had 17  years with my second husband.  Lucky in love twice!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, jangor said:

I have been fortunate in marriage.  I was married for 24 1/2  years when my husband died of a massive heart attack at age 47.  Of course, this was not fortunate, but several years later, I married again and have had 17  years with my second husband.  Lucky in love twice!

Sorry about your first husband glad you found love again!

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 8:51 PM, Thrak said:

I'm feeling positively biblical. My wife has been using a cane because her knee surgery hasn't gone all that well and her other knee is failing rapidly. I think she will need dual knee replacements. Poop. However, she left her cane by the back door and I went to get it for her. I used it on the way back through the house because my back has been so bad today that I can hardly manage. (It took me three tries this morning to be able to stand up to get out of bed. I am not a fan of pain. Anyway... I have found that using her Cane makes me Able. (Yes, it's a terrible pun and the spelling is wrong but...) One must find humor where one can.

Thanks for the humor.  I had double (bilateral) knee replacement.  Best procedure I could have every chosen.  Did it in Honolulu but the recovery time was much longer than I had expected (2 months).  Up walking by the first day.  PT was no fun.  I am neither a fan of mine or any one else's pain.  I'm ready to cruise and do the stairs.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jangor said:

Same here. 27 first, 19 second.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

same here 45 and counting first, 45 and counting last 😉

Same here! We are hoping to do a cruise with our 2 daughters, son in laws and 4 grandkids in 5 years for our 50th.

On 8/5/2021 at 5:27 PM, PurpleHays said:

My daughter is in Sonoma County. She evacuated in 2017 and 2019. I feel for you and hope you stay safe.

Ha ! our son is at Lejeune. He say's it's been raining ....a lot 😃 

1 hour ago, c-boy said:

Ha ! our son is at Lejeune. He say's it's been raining ....a lot 😃 

I believe they got a lot more toward the coast than we did in the central part of the state. I can't be too sure--I've been watching the Olympics rather than the news.

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

Please ask him to send some to California...

My daughter has requested the same.

Part of a new notice regarding where our son lives. Our DIL is visiting her sister here in town - and has brought our granddaughter along of course -  but our son can't really leave the area. Poop. Hopefully their house will be safe.

BURNT RANCH, Calif. — A mandatory evacuation order has been issued for Burnt Ranch as the Monument Fire spreads with little containment in Trinity County.

Area residents and visitors in the above-listed areas should leave the area due to increased fire activity," the Trinity County Sheriff's Office wrote Monday morning. "While leaving the area use caution as emergency vehicles assisting with evacuations, structure protection, and fire suppression efforts will be on the roadways.

The blaze has burned 53, 019 acres and is only 3% contained, according to the Shasta-Trinity National Forest.

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Part of a new notice regarding where our son lives. Our DIL is visiting her sister here in town - and has brought our granddaughter along of course -  but our son can't really leave the area. Poop. Hopefully their house will be safe.

BURNT RANCH, Calif. — A mandatory evacuation order has been issued for Burnt Ranch as the Monument Fire spreads with little containment in Trinity County.

Area residents and visitors in the above-listed areas should leave the area due to increased fire activity," the Trinity County Sheriff's Office wrote Monday morning. "While leaving the area use caution as emergency vehicles assisting with evacuations, structure protection, and fire suppression efforts will be on the roadways.

The blaze has burned 53, 019 acres and is only 3% contained, according to the Shasta-Trinity National Forest.

So sorry to read this.  Prayers being said for your family and their community.

15 hours ago, Thrak said:

My fingers and toes crossed!

• Like 1

We are going to get a lot of rain here in South Florida this weekend with Tropical Storm Fred. I wish we could send it to California.

God Bless and Watch Over all in the path of the fires. people and animals.

Kathy

• Like 2

On 8/12/2021 at 11:46 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

It was so hot in Boston today I spent most of the day jumping overboard on The Rowboat. 😳

Tony

You might need to bring your Row boat to central NC. It's projected to rain for days now. Can you pick me up and take me to work Monday? 😆

• Haha 2

I LOVE the sound of rain on the roof of the motor home. 

Well, when it rained 30 out of our 33 days, once pouring for 7.5 consecutive hours, I loved it a bit less.

However, any time we get rain in SoCal, I love it.

Wouldn't it be nice to redirect the precipitation from the areas which have too much to the areas which have too little?

• Like 2