Enchanted - Will it be ready?

ian441672

Hi

I just was wondering if anyone had an idea if Enchanted Princess would be ready for delivery on the due date. I am guessing construction will have stopped or greatly reduced by now, and understandably so. We have a cruise booked on the maiden voyage July 1, and with all the sailings suspended and so much scary stuff going on, should we not get too excited? (Although, seeing what is going on in the world right now, I am not excited, quite saddened and apprehensive, but this question just popped in my mind when I received an email from Princess about something else).

Thanks all.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ian441672 said:

Hi

I just was wondering if anyone had an idea if Enchanted Princess would be ready for delivery on the due date. I am guessing construction will have stopped or greatly reduced by now, and understandably so. We have a cruise booked on the maiden voyage July 1, and with all the sailings suspended and so much scary stuff going on, should we not get too excited? (Although, seeing what is going on in the world right now, I am not excited, quite saddened and apprehensive, but this question just popped in my mind when I received an email from Princess about something else).

Thanks all.

I thought the shipyard announced at least one 2-week shutdown.

But since then, things are a lot worse in italy.

I was on the phone yesterday with a Princess rep concerning a cruise we are considering. Just in conversation, she mentioned that she was upset because she just that morning received notice that her inaugural cruise on Enchanted in June had been cancelled. We have one in October that is now in question.

Fincantieri shipyard is shutdown until April 3 at this point. Don't know how long finish and sea trials will take. Don't know how much extra time was built into schedule before launch.

"STOPPAGE OF PRODUCTION ACTIVITY FURTHER EXTENDED
26 MARCH 2020
Trieste, March 26, 2020 – Despite having already implemented all the necessary measures to ensure the safety of its employees, Fincantieri has decided to  further extend the work stoppage in all its Military and Cruise Vessels production plants and offices from March 30th until the date indicated in the decree of the President of the Council of Ministers adopted on March 22nd. This decision was made in consideration of the current COVID-19 situation, the need to continue contrasting the epidemiological phenomenon through stringent and incisive measures, and the dispositions set forth in the above-mentioned decree.
To this end, Fincantieri and representatives of the national Trade Unions FIM – FIOM – UILM signed an agreement to guarantee continuity in production at the end of the stoppage.
In particular, the agreement sets forth that:
• the Company shall apply for Ordinary Redundancy Fund for “COVID-19 Emergency”, at zero hours, for all employees of all Company sites, as of March 30th and for the entire stoppage period envisaged by the decree as of today’s date;
• as an alternative to the Ordinary Redundancy Fund, employees may take accrued holidays/paid annual leave (PAL), with prior approval request;
• during the period of time covered by the Ordinary Redundancy Fund, all maintenance and safety activities and essential servicing of plants and facilities shall continue, as shall also all managerial and management activities that are strictly necessary to fulfil the Company’s current obligations and to carry out all activities that are preliminary to resuming production;
• the Company shall continue adopting smart work solutions where applicable, as determined by the specific work activities concerned and the availability of compatible IT equipment.
Moreover, given the need to extend the work stoppage, the agreement redefines the type of economic compensation applied from March 16th to March 29th, 2020 (stoppage period). The agreement sets forth that instead of anticipating the regular two-week period of collective leave, employees will take holidays and/or PAL matured as of December 31st, 2019, and/or PAL hours matured in the year 2020, as envisaged in the current National Collective Labor Agreement.
Employees with insufficient remaining holidays or PAL hours to cover the stoppage period, may request individually that other relevant tools (holidays matured in 2020, hour bank, recovery leave, etc.) be applied to cover the 80 hours of the period concerned.
Lastly, in order to comply with the current product plan, the agreement sets forth that upon resuming the production activity, there will be no annual summer stoppage.  Individual accrued holidays will be authorized as scheduled at every worksite after taking into consideration relevant technical and production needs."

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I know in the grand scheme of things it is quite insignificant and there are far more things to worry about quite rightly, but it doesn’t look that hopeful. They’ve delayed final payment for a month, early May, so I will hold off and see what happens. 

Thanks again, hope everyone stays safe, and you all manage to get your cruises sorted out at some point in the future. 

• Like 4

We're on the Oct 25th as well. I have to wonder not only about the readiness of the ship, but the readiness of the company at that point. Not to speculate, but clearly we're in uncharted waters (no pun intended) throughout the world right now. 

It's difficult to imagine how another two weeks (if we're lucky) of an international shutdown will affect our plans - plans which seem like folly right now. 

I'm on this cruise too.  Lots of people have cancelled (there is a roll call here on cruise critic).  We have not but my guess is that the cruise will be cancelled by Princess.  The way things are right now I can't see how it can go forward. I don't expect to pay my final payment and will cancel by May 1 unless Princess cancels first.

We booked Enchanted for 1st August. If cruises don’t resume in June I’m fearful I may have to cancel. I can’t go at another time of year and don’t want to take the FCC.

As someone else said, it no big deal in the scheme of things. I’m so lucky I can keep working in this difficult times.

Not only are we booked on the 6/19 cruise but we also got upgraded (for the first time ever) from a balcony to a mini-suite.  Final payment is due 4/20 so I'm holding off making payment because we really don't want that much FCC.  Also, if ship isn't ready maybe because we are already booked they might give us a better deal on a cruise later in the year.

5 hours ago, Esprit said:

We booked Enchanted for 1st August. If cruises don’t resume in June I’m fearful I may have to cancel. I can’t go at another time of year and don’t want to take the FCC.

As someone else said, it no big deal in the scheme of things. I’m so lucky I can keep working in this difficult times.

Be cautious if you want a refund. So far, unless final is extended, I believe an August 1 sailing requires a 90 day  (May 2?) final. Check your cruise booking.

While they assure you that YOU can cancel later, that is for FCC only, unless they cancel.

I am booked on this same departure, though I am doubtful it will sail as planned.

• Like 1

I am interested in this topic too as we are booked on the November 5th transatlantic from Barcelona. So far we haven't paid anything nor have we seen any notifications about a change or cancellation of the cruise. Maybe November is far enough out that thing will be sorted out by then. 

• Like 2

Very interested in this topic as well.  I am booked on a Mediterranean leaving from Barcelona on July 25th.  Hoping it will be ready by then, but am starting to think it may not.  As everyone said before, this is completely insignificant in light of the state of the world's health.  But I was very much trying to find something to look forward to 😞

• Like 3

I am booked on Maiden Voyage 1st July, not looking as though it will happen......the ship won't be ready so why are they not informing us, hoping maybe we cancel first? All the Enchanted sailings until July 25th now all show as 'sold out'.

• Like 1

Found this post tonight our family is booked on 1st August. Weirdly got a mail from Princess stating upgrading from BD to BB cabin. I cant see the UK, Italy or  the ship being ready. I wont be keen to pay up on 3rd May either. Was so excited when we booked. Did the same route on Royal 3 years ago was amazing.

So if you go ahead and cancel on your own before final balance do they give you back a refundable deposit. 

If they cancel before final balance, do they just give you a credit. 

Our cruise on the Enchanted is not until 29th August, 2020. 

Why don’t you all just do the prudent thing and just stay home. I’m continuing shocked when people go on cruises recently and then are surprised when they aren’t allowed to dock in ports. Stay home until this is over!!!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, luvflorida said:

Why don’t you all just do the prudent thing and just stay home. I’m continuing shocked when people go on cruises recently and then are surprised when they aren’t allowed to dock in ports. Stay home until this is over!!!

I don't know what makes you think we will not do the prudent thing. You can't speak for everyone. We all have different circumstances. Some people have saved up for years to go on these cruises. It is a trying time for the whole world right now. Please, at least, try and be civil!

• Like 1

I am being civil. Just want to know why, when most countries experiencing rapid growth of COVID cases are issuing stay at home orders and lots of cruise lines are stopping cruises, people still want to pay good money to go on a floating Petrie dish. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My guess it will be delayed. I would cancel before final payment for peace of mind. Rebook after it starts sailing. For me I would wait until after Christmas before putting out any more

money on a cruise. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scotmay said:

Some people have saved up for years to go on these cruises. It is a trying time for the whole world right now. Please, at least, try and be civil!

I would think that one in those circumstances would want the best possible cruise for their money.

And, I think the best possible cruise will be later, rather than sooner.

I don't' think anyone can predict which ports will be open to cruise ships in August...

• Like 2