Any news from the Amsterdam?

mame42

33 minutes ago, bcummin said:

Do you think that they could be sailing to Jakarta to ship your luggage to you???

Barbara

I suppose ? since they’ve been there recently and I believe it’s on the way to there  

destination in Malaysia. There is usually thousands of items to ship

31 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Which without explanation has ended.  Even a "good book" often has an Epilogue. 

Well, I hope he is doing something fun and I look forward to the next/last post on his blog.  Beginning retirement after the career he has had must be full of possibilities and reflections.  I hope his first priority is not satisfying CC members disappointed that he is not posting post haste.  But, possibly you have more info than me and know that he will never post again.  I throughly enjoy Captain Jonathan's writing and am hopeful.  Cherie

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Indianadaytripper said:

I suppose ? since they’ve been there recently and I believe it’s on the way to there  

destination in Malaysia. There is usually thousands of items to ship

Our email said they “hoped” to ship it from Malaysia, no mention of Indonesia.  I am trying to get credit for luggage sea days added to my regular sea days.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Our email said they “hoped” to ship it from Malaysia, no mention of Indonesia.  I am trying to get credit for luggage sea days added to my regular sea days.

You'll be 6 stars..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

we received the same letter I’m sure. There probably trying to rid themselves of any unneeded baggage any where they can , if you get my jest. I like the idea of extra sea days. I’d like to have my trekking poles and biking shorts

4 hours ago, iancal said:

Just imagine....there could be someone, somewhere  wearing you clothes.

And they should be proud to do so. I pack quality merchandise, aka Wal-Mart markdowns for my cruising leisure wear.

Be well Jan. 🙂

Bob

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cccole said:

The Amsterdam off-loaded non-essential Indonesian employees on May 6 in Jakarta (pg 14, posts 339-346) before heading to Manila.   Can anyone tell me why they are heading back to Jakarta instead of going to Malaysia?  Were all of the Indonesian employees eligible to leave not given a ride to shore?  Please point me to the posts that may have already been made that answer my question.  I have really enjoyed reading the saga of the Amsterdam which was supplemented by Captain Jonathan's blog.  Thanks for any help to clear my confusion.    Cherie  

The Amsterdam has gathered a number of Indonesians from some of the (as of Wed.) 29 ships in Manila harbor and is taking them to Jakarta for repatriation.  After that?  Who knows....

Linda R.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cccole said:

Cruzingnut, Thank you so much.  That totally explains it.  And also, thank you for your other informative posts on this thread.  What a journey for the Amsterdam.  Cherie

Thank you Cherie, that's so sweet of you!  Yes, it's been quite the journey for my favorite ship.  Can't believe it's been just over 3 months now since we left her in Australia....😪

Linda R.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Great minds think alike!  I'm with you on getting sea days for our luggage.  At least that would be some compensation for the long delay.  Hope the fact that the ship has to literally cruise by Malaysia to get to Jakarta gives me hope that it's to offload our luggage.  Fingers crossed!

29 minutes ago, socalcruisers2 said:

I'm with you on getting sea days for our luggage.

I think that would mean getting each bag a Mariner Number. Then you could get 4-star privileges as long as you had that bag in your cabin.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, cccole said:

Well, I hope he is doing something fun and I look forward to the next/last post on his blog.  Beginning retirement after the career he has had must be full of possibilities and reflections.  I hope his first priority is not satisfying CC members disappointed that he is not posting post haste.  But, possibly you have more info than me and know that he will never post again.  I throughly enjoy Captain Jonathan's writing and am hopeful.  Cherie

I share your thoughts and, no, I have no more information about whether he will or will not return to his blog than you.  

I had not been aware that the Captain was already an author.  I do hope he will write a new book about this adventure.  

20 hours ago, cccole said:

Was that really necessary?  The comment made was not demanding or showing disappointment.  Simply a comment.  And it wasn't sarcastic, either.  I do believe we all enjoyed Captain Jonathon's blog, and it is only natural to hope for an epilogue, whenever he has time.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, T8NCruise said:

Was that really necessary?  The comment made was not demanding or showing disappointment.  Simply a comment.  And it wasn't sarcastic, either.  I do believe we all enjoyed Captain Jonathon's blog, and it is only natural to hope for an epilogue, whenever he has time.

The way things are going he might be back and sit on a ship for 3 months..

On 6/25/2020 at 5:16 PM, cccole said:

Yes Ma'am; Captain M is certainly under no obligation whatsoever to continue writing his "at sea" blog now that he is no longer "at sea" plus officially retired 

On 6/25/2020 at 5:49 PM, KirkNC said:

I was just saying this morning that our luggage will pass a medallion landmark without us. Do suitcases earn medallions, or is that strictly reserved for paying guest?🤔

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I was just saying this morning that our luggage will pass a medallion landmark without us. Do suitcases earn medallions, or is that strictly reserved for paying guest?🤔

There will be special luggage tags that look like medallions just for the purpose.😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

There will be special luggage tags that look like medallions just for the purpose.😉

With coordinating luggage straps that look like ribbons, proclaiming the special status of our luggage to future baggage handlers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, michaelfl said:

according to cruisemapper amsterdam has left jakarta and seems to be heading towards singapore

Yes, amazing how it takes six weeks to offload crew in the Philippines 🇵🇭 and two days in Indonesia 🇮🇩.   Not sure why Singapore, are there more crew to off load?

1 hour ago, KirkNC said:

Yes, amazing how it takes six weeks to offload crew in the Philippines 🇵🇭 and two days in Indonesia 🇮🇩.   Not sure why Singapore, are there more crew to off load?

Maybe, but this might be the stop for the luggage....

• Like 1