Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I also just finished watching the first episode of the remake of Fantasy Island.  Not sure what to make of it compared to the original one.  

We started watching it but gave up around 20 minutes in.  It just didn't hook us.

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Any fans of Schitts Creek here?

I've been watching Annie Murphy (Alexis Rose - love her!!) on a show on AMC called Kevin can F Himself. I guess its considered a dark comedy about a wife fed up with her husband. Pretty much watched it because I like her and it started off a bit slow but I grew to enjoy it. The thing I really like about it is the way its filmed. Any scenes with her husband Kevin is filmed as your basic, stupid sitcom - bright lighting, typical sitcom living room set, lame jokes, fake laugh track, terrible acting. But when he leaves the room, it becomes a drama - dark, moody lighting, no laugh track although the jokes are actually funnier, serious overtones, etc. Very creative I think and not easy to switch roles from one-dimensional sit-com character to multi-layer drama character.

It's only 8 episodes so its worth checking out. Give it at least 3 episodes.

I've seen the ads for Kevin Can F**k Himself and it looks funny.  Will need to give it a try.  It will be interesting to see Annie Murphy playing what looks like a very different role from Alexis Rose.  Good to see her and Dan Levy able to take advantage of their Schitt's Creek success.  He seems to be everywhere these days.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon everyone.

It was 66°F and cloudy at the beach.

We had salmon sandwiches for lunch in our beach tent.

Hope everyone is well.

Stay safe everyone.😷

IMG_20210811_115457.jpg

Did you wear those socks just for us?  😁  Enjoy your day Graham (and Pauline).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We started watching it but gave up around 20 minutes in.  It just didn't hook us.

I’m not sure if they can make it last more than 1 summer season.  90210 started that they though, and they made it. 

Reboots of TV shows are tough to do, but I am happy with watching the new version of Magnum PI.  They made it work.  The role of Higgins being played by Juliet was a twist, but I have grown to like her.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m not sure if they can make it last more than 1 summer season.  90210 started that they though, and they made it. 

Reboots of TV shows are tough to do, but I am happy with watching the new version of Magnum PI.  They made it work.  The role of Higgins being played by Juliet was a twist, but I have grown to like her.  

I do think reboots take some time to get their own feel, since viewers will naturally compare them to the original.  I could easily have given up on the new Magnum PI early on but stayed with it and like it now.  I like what they've done with Juliet's role.  Hopefully, the cliff hanger doesn't change the cast.

I also enjoyed the Hawaii Five-0 reboot.  They kept many of the characters the same, including Wo Fat, but also added a new twist to most.  I don't remember McGarrett being a bad ass ex-Navy Seal in the original.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Speaking of TV shows, my daughter texted our family group text saying that she found a very VERY dry sarcastic show that she is almost hesitant to recommend, but thinks it's really funny.  She's talking about Letterkenny.  She said that she sometimes has to rely on subtitles. 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Keksie said:

We lived in New Jersey at the time.  All I remember were the waffles and the ride "It's a Small World"  Those were very good waffles.  

Definitely remember the Waffles and It’s a small world, I lived about a 20 or 30 min bus ride away from the fair .

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I've been watching Annie Murphy (Alexis Rose - love her!!) on a show on AMC called Kevin can F Himself. I guess its considered a dark comedy about a wife fed up with her husband. Pretty much watched it because I like her and it started off a bit slow but I grew to enjoy it. The thing I really like about it is the way its filmed. Any scenes with her husband Kevin is filmed as your basic, stupid sitcom - bright lighting, typical sitcom living room set, lame jokes, fake laugh track, terrible acting. But when he leaves the room, it becomes a drama - dark, moody lighting, no laugh track although the jokes are actually funnier, serious overtones, etc. Very creative I think and not easy to switch roles from one-dimensional sit-com character to multi-layer drama character.

We loved Schitts Creek! 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Speaking of TV shows, my daughter texted our family group text saying that she found a very VERY dry sarcastic show that she is almost hesitant to recommend, but thinks it's really funny.  She's talking about Letterkenny.  She said that she sometimes has to rely on subtitles. 🤣 

You can tell her she I slate to the "ball" on this one.😁

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I vividly remember sitting on the curb eating Belgian Waffles covered with whipped cream and huge strawberries. 
That was a great treat!

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I remember the Belgian Waffles ,absolutely delicious.

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

We had the Belgian Waffles at the Seattle World's Fair.  (1962) They were so good! :classic_biggrin: I think that World Fairs must have a monopoly on the best Belgian Waffles with whipped cream & strawberries! :classic_biggrin:

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The Expo in Montreal had wonderful waffles and whipped cream too. 

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

It was probably the first time tasting them for many of us!

10 hours ago, Keksie said:

We lived in New Jersey at the time.  All I remember were the waffles and the ride "It's a Small World"  Those were very good waffles.  

9 minutes ago, George C said:

Definitely remember the Waffles and It’s a small world, I lived about a 20 or 30 min bus ride away from the fair .

Having lived in Brussels for 5 years, I absolutely "have to" agree with all above -- Belgian waffles are to die for. We ate them all over Belgium, and the quality was the same everywhere. Miss them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Yes, we loved schmitts creek and we have watched kevin can f himself.  I wasnt too sure about it when I first watched but just had to continue to see what happens.   Just finished episode 8 the other night wondering if the series will continue.   

• Like 1

I've been catching up on the last three days of posts.

So much has happened, I do not know where to begin.

From beautiful wedding pictures, birthdays, beach days, golf winners to unfortunately my condolences to those who have lost friends.

I am very frustrated because I attempted numerous times to post from my phone and all the post are looking like they are sent, but never show up.

I do not know what to do.

Three days I tried, three days of failures.

I want to post live on our October cruise, but if this is what is going on it is not going to happen.

So  Help, any ideas welcome

TY

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm hooked-thank you for reccommending. .

I'm glad you like it. I think it is very well done. If you can watch the after show "making of." The characters go in depth to the story line, themes and their characters. They have one after every episode.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm glad you like it. I think it is very well done. If you can watch the after show "making of." The characters go in depth to the story line, themes and their characters. They have one after every episode.  Enjoy!

I did watch a bit of that after episode 2 last night.  I will watch more tonight. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I do not know what to do.

Three days I tried, three days of failures.

I have had that happen a few times using my iPhone.  After I enter things to post, it will say “saving”, then not show up.  

What has worked for me is to hit the refresh button at the top (partial arrow circle), then click into the box to post.  Fortunately, the text and photos will reappear, and when I save, it will then post.

Give that a try.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MJSailors said:

HBE4

We’ve found Schitts’ Creek on Netflix and we are getting a kick out of it !

Glad there are six seasons of it.

We also watch Arrested Development on Amazon and Mrs.Brown on Britbox.

Need some laughs these days.

I am watching the Durrell’s on Corfu ,I think it is on Amazon. It was a show on PBS Masterpiece Theater. Didn’t get into then,but I am enjoying it now- DH ,not so much.

Waiting for The Crown and Mrs.Maisel to return.

Schitts Creek is one of the few shows I can watch over and over. Arrested Development is a love-it-or-hate-it type of show. I loves it as well, especially the earlier seasons when it was on FOX. I think too much time had passed when Netflix took over the show for the final 2 (or 3?) seasons and it lost a bit of its magic.

Mrs. Maisel is a fantastic show & I might re-watch the first 3 seasons while waiting for it to come back.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've seen the ads for Kevin Can F**k Himself and it looks funny.  Will need to give it a try.  It will be interesting to see Annie Murphy playing what looks like a very different role from Alexis Rose.  Good to see her and Dan Levy able to take advantage of their Schitt's Creek success.  He seems to be everywhere these days.

She said she took the role to avoid being typecast as Alexis Rose.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

People have told me I should watch Letterkenny as it matches my sense of humor to a tee. Not sure that was a compliment

56 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, we loved schmitts creek and we have watched kevin can f himself.  I wasnt too sure about it when I first watched but just had to continue to see what happens.   Just finished episode 8 the other night wondering if the series will continue.   

I sure hope so. I need to see where it goes from here. While I did enjoy it, there is some room for improvement. For example, the sitcom parts of the show could actually be funnier.  Most of the "jokes" (and I use that word loosely) tend to be more "groaners" they are so bad.

• Like 3