"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have done that in the past. In addition to birds I have encountered hornet nests also. Now I try to do most of the trimming in late fall.

Bucky keeps stepping into fire ant nests when trimming.  The damn things are moving into the edges of the back yard due to too much rain lately making our swamp...even swampier!   Guess they are not interested in setting off on an Ant cruise back there.  

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When I was young we had a neighbor who had the same problem but instead of birds they had bats.  I remember watching football at my neighbors when a bat flew through the room.  I ducked and my neighbor grabbed a tennis racket.  The next thing I knew he hit it, scoped it up, and tossed it out the front door.  After awhile it flew off.  

LOL...bet you wish you had a video of that!  😉 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You're welcome.  Can you still get complimentary beer and wine all day in CK?  Our first L and S is January and the excitement for an OS from when I first booked has seemed to have waned .  Maybe things will be better by then.  It's on the Harmony have another one next May

Yes...still free beer, wine, soda, water from 11-11.  Dexter was surprised when we told him that there was no suite check in.  He had heard that it was supposed to start up again last week.  He said other suite benefits will be phased in over time.  Hopefully things will be more normal by the time you cruise.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You're welcome.  Can you still get complimentary beer and wine all day in CK?  Our first L and S is January and the excitement for an OS from when I first booked has seemed to have waned .  Maybe things will be better by then.  It's on the Harmony have another one next May

My May 2022 Harmony cruise is also an L&S.  (Only one I have ever done).  And also an OS, nice to know it is already paid for.  😉   Rescheduled anniversary cruise...not the 25th as planned, but will be a nice 26th anniversary celebration.  🙂 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yes...still free beer, wine, soda, water from 11-11.  Dexter was surprised when we told him that there was no suite check in.  He had heard that it was supposed to start up again last week.  He said other suite benefits will be phased in over time.  Hopefully things will be more normal by the time you cruise.

Bob...it's been way too long since I cruised, can't seem to remember.  When does full happy hour start in the SL, and what time is earliest dining available for CK?  We usually do 7 pm, which seemed to be a good time in the past...after early bird diners are finished...but I think we may start earlier like we do at home now.  

17 minutes ago, George C said:

Thanks again for all the info you have posted, I am definitely disappointed with suite perks in general that you have received , we have a grand suite in November and hope some will be changed, on our celebrity suite in July all the normal suite perks including being walked off by concierge at end of the cruise was still there. We never were a big fan of CK , when we tried it on oasis after a couple of dinners we had rest of meals in specialty restaurants, so we did book the all inclusive dinning package, although I normally like CK for breakfast and lunch. Love the thought of two bathrooms but my knees hate stairs, might do a royal up to a upper suite but we are very comfortable in the GS. I am debating on canceling drink package since we are diamond plus and will get 5 free drinks, plus suite lounge. Finally I am sure you enjoyed yesterday Bills game as much as we did, might go to a local pub that has lots of bills fans for next weeks game. 

We skipped the drink package this time and were glad that we did.  We drank whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted, and only had to pay for drinks twice.  Between our 4 diamond vouchers, 11-11 beer/wine, and SL happy hour, we had more than enough to drink.  We also don't drink as much as we used to.

I will add that the SL happy hour seemed to be a little more flexible with what was on the menu, maybe because other suite benefits are not yet in place??  Micheline typically drank Sauvignon Blanc which is not on the menu but was no problem.  I got a Buffalo Trace on the rocks a couple of times and I think they also just called it part of HH, although it's possible that they used a D voucher since I didn't really track that.

We had a great time watching the Bills win yesterday.  There's a fairly large open air indoor/outdoor bar/restaurant near me that has the NFL Sunday ticket.  Like a BW3, they have different sections set up to watch different games.  We had a large table of Bills Mafia but we were surrounded by many other fans watching other games.  We also had one lonely WFT fan sitting at the table next to us with his wife and young kids.  He had his moment with their 2 quick TDs in 2 minutes, but that was about it.  Nothing better than beautiful weather with lots of exciting football action happening all around you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Bob...it's been way too long since I cruised, can't seem to remember.  When does full happy hour start in the SL, and what time is earliest dining available for CK?  We usually do 7 pm, which seemed to be a good time in the past...after early bird diners are finished...but I think we may start earlier like we do at home now.  

I heard 2 different times for HH.  One was 4:30-8:00 and the other was 5:00-8:30.  Not sure which is the official time.  I would also see people dressed for dinner in the lounge before 4:30 being served drinks (not just beer/wine).  It could be that there were also being loose with the start time, or maybe those people were using a package/vouchers.  Sorry that I can't be more specific.

We started with 6:30 dinner reservations and many of the early birds were gone at that point.  Several shows start at 8:00 though so we moved up to 6:00, when we had table availability issues.  Since there were no suite seats reserved, we wanted to get to the shows a little early to get preferred seats (ideally first row in the upper section on the aisle...easy to sneak out for a bathroom break or to leave early without interrupting anyone).  6:30 dinner was cutting that too close.  I think 7:00 would be fine for getting a CK table but would be too late for 8:00 shows.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

And then there was the Chiefs not so exciting.😉

It's still WAY too early in the season to worry, but my hope is that the rest of the league has figured something out about how to play the Chiefs, and that the Bills will benefit from such knowledge.  I fully expect the Chiefs/Mahomes to be right there at the top of the AFC at the end of the season.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Actually, our first cruise was an inside cabin with upper and lower berths. 
We thought it was the most marvelous cruise anyone could have. 
However, once you move to the next category, it’s hard to go back. Once we had our first balcony, for sure we weren’t going back…or rather I wasn’t. 
I absolutely love being able to look out and see the ocean, and even better, to sit outside with my Kindle and soak it all up. 
If I could only cruise if I had an OV or an interior, I’d still love it. 
My only suite was on QM2, and that will never happen again!

Our favorite type of cabin was a Lanai on HAL.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I just finished my 4 month land cruise in Maine.  😉 

We love Maine.We did a land cruise there in 1973.

We choose a state and see as much of it as possible.We have done it with Vermont,Rhode Island ,CT,NY ,NJ,NH .

We have also done it in Quebec,Ontario,and many other parts of Canada as well as a Cross Country in the US .

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just finished making Chicken Marsala for tonight.  All the chicken talk inspired me!

Speaking of football try living with a Giants fan😳

One of my son in laws is a JETS fan .One of my nephews is a Giants fan married to a woman who grew up in PA.She and her family are huge Eagles 

fan.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Our favorite type of cabin was a Lanai on HAL.

You mention HAL....so, we liked HAL. (Not the Veendam so much, but overall HAL) We thought it would be mostly catering to the golden crowd, but we found we liked it. There was a very mixed demographic and we enjoyed it. We booked Bermuda (from Boston) cruises twice, since we both loved the convenience of docking in Hamilton. Service was excellent. We also did a 14 Night W. Caribbean and Cuba cruise on the Veendam. Loved Cuba and will definitely cruise there again if possible. We met lovely people.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

my hope is that the rest of the league has figured something out about how to play the Chiefs, and that the Bills will benefit from such knowledge.

Oh I think they have already discovered the Chiefs weakness. The defense, the O line, the cornerbacks, the list is long.

1 minute ago, jagsfan said:

This football talk is depressing to some of us!!

Even my high school team has been losing. 

I'm sorry, I shouldn't even brought up the team. Sorry to hear about your HS team.

I have a love hate relationship with the team. For so long I covered the team, traveled with the team and had friends on the team then they changed how they treated us in the media. I don't have any respect for the front office. I watch but I don't get emotionally involved. My wife thinks it weird that I will not clap or cheer when watching a game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

You mention HAL....so, we liked HAL. (Not the Veendam so much, but overall HAL) We thought it would be mostly catering to the golden crowd, but we found we liked it. There was a very mixed demographic and we enjoyed it. We booked Bermuda (from Boston) cruises twice, since we both loved the convenience of docking in Hamilton. Service was excellent. We also did a 14 Night W. Caribbean and Cuba cruise on the Veendam. Loved Cuba and will definitely cruise there again if possible. We met lovely people.

We were on the Veendam twice.We liked it much better the first time.We were on the Volundam.Our best HAL cruise was on the Zuiderdam to the Panama Canal.That cruise was with two couples who were very long time friends.We met a very nice CC couple on that cruise,became friends with them and went on subsequent cruises with them.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm sorry, I shouldn't even brought up the team. Sorry to hear about your HS team.

I have a love hate relationship with the team. For so long I covered the team, traveled with the team and had friends on the team then they changed how they treated us in the media. I don't have any respect for the front office. I watch but I don't get emotionally involved. My wife thinks it weird that I will not clap or cheer when watching a game.

Our cats who are normally next to us or on a lap tend to stay away during football games because we are clapping and cheering which doesn’t thrill the kitties.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

This football talk is depressing to some of us!!

Even my high school team has been losing. 

My high school never had a football team even though we had a beautiful field. My undergraduate college was/is Div.III .Nobody was ever interested in sports there.The other colleges that I went to did not have any sports teams.