"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

8 minutes ago, akcruz said:

This is the same palm that was just about touching the ground last week. 

Beautiful tree. I would hope that the ice does not damage it too bad. When we get ice here in the midwest, it can topple over tree's very easily.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Our local weatherman did a pizza party in December to celebrate a hurricane free season.  Thoisand showed up to the ball park where it was held.  Guest star was Jim Cantore, he actually had to leave early due to tornado outbreaks.

Yikes, where are you, we are by the NC/SC border and it has been very windy and cold here today.  Wonder if you are hitting that weather.

It isn't that much better here lately, last weekend ice storm this weekend snow 😲.  This is the same palm that was just about touching the ground last week.  We put another in last spring, we were nervous for hurricane season, who knew that would be fine but instead we would have to deal with cold.

We head south next week for our cruise, so ready for hopefully warmer weather.

20220129_085521.jpg

Beautiful picture!  Not to worry, it's going to be getting warmer by mid-week here!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Good indication you really enjoyed the cruise.  That’s great.  I am glad that in the end you decided to go.  Now maybe it’s time to plan for the next one.  🤔 

April... Harmony as of now. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

all the venues will be probably be empty for dinner this evening.     I noticed the night we had rough seas everything was empty and felt like I had the ship to myself when I was walking around.  

I experienced that every day this week walking around at 5AM.🙂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

It was 52°F but very windy with gusts over 60mph.

When it calmed down we went out for a walk and saw this close to home.

Graham.

IMG_20220129_164000.jpg

Wow.  Those were some winds.  I hope your lovely garden is ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

So my Daughter is running around Los Angeles, staying In a Hotel room with her friends who she doesn’t live with. She’s there to see 3 concerts, Which has sold out. I am not worried for her because she’s healthy and she’s had all of her shots plus her booster.

Me I have two different types of Auto immune disorders.

I’ve got my cruise on March 6, so I’m currently building her an isolation room.

I have not had a vacation in five years and seeing Harry styles in concert is not a vacation.

she going to be surprise when I meet her at the door with a mask on And direct her to sanitize 

Sure knows that I’m going to Covid test her .

I’m going on the cruise.

My niece who will be taking care of our dogs next weekend tested positive on Monday.  I told her when she comes into the office on Monday that I will be wearing a mask.  I think I had Omnicom at Christmas but I'm not taking chances.  My husband was sick about two weeks ago on Thursday and then again yesterday.  Both times he tested negative with the rapid but will go tomorrow to have a pcr test done just to double check to see if he is sick or not.  Feels fine again today so who knows, could just be a sinus infection.  He is prone to them. 

56 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Graham.

IMG_20220129_164000.jpg

52 degrees sounds lovely after the cooler temps you have been having.  The wind storm doesn't sound too wonderful, particularly for the ones who have lost power.  We are keeping our fingers crossed, seems like we lose power at our home at the drop of a hat.  We do have a small generator that runs the fridge and the microwave so that we don't starve.  We can light the gas stove too!

My backup binax tests are supposed to arrive on Monday.  I am keeping my fingers crossed, ordered them Thursday and then read the thread were they were not being shipped out.  Yikes!  I still have not booked a hotel room.  I need to research that tonight or tomorrow. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I hope the storm is just about over for you.  Enjoy your chili, Debbie, and stay safe and warm!

I'm sorry that your last day has turned so cold and windy for you;  it's great that you had a wonderful week for your cruise, OB.  Safe travels tomorrow.  We'll all be thinking of you!

Thanks. I can't complain about today's weather as the rest of the week was picture perfect.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Enjoy your evening and safe travels home in the morning.  😍 Hopefully your car is in a parking garage so you don't have to clean it when you get off the plane.    

Hmmmm, I thought I'd be smart and save a little money.😏 And to top things off my choices in footwear tomorrow are sneakers or sandals.Hmmm, which will it be....

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Hmmmm, I thought I'd be smart and save a little money.😏 And to top things off my choices in footwear tomorrow are sneakers or sandals.Hmmm, which will it be....

Hopefully, you bought a shovel as a souvenir in one of your ports. 😄 

Seriously, I hope your flight isn't cancelled tomorrow and you get home to check things out. 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Graham.

IMG_20220129_164000.jpg

It looks like it took down part of another tree as well.  Lucky it didn’t injure anyone or damage any structures!  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Hopefully, you bought a shovel as a souvenir in one of your ports. 😄 

Seriously, I hope your flight isn't cancelled tomorrow and you get home to check things out. 🙂 

Funny thing is I have an old Taurus station wagon that I usually bring to the airport when I fly from Providence and I keep a shovel in it. But Bradley is a longer drive and I wanted to be comfortable so that car is home in the garage. Yup, made some awesome decisions last weekend. At least I left a sweatshirt in the car at the airport... which will be helpful once I actually get into the car.

• Like 7

The snow seems to have stopped and winds died down some.  Andy is out doing a 2nd pass with the snowblower.  Local news says the town next to us got 20.5 inches. Hard to tell with the drifting.  I’m making spicy sausage & lentil soup, that should warm Andy up when he comes in shortly.  We’re all packed & ready to go.  It looks like we’ll be able to get out of here sometime tomorrow.  
@Ocean Boy hoping you get home easily tomorrow. 
@DaniDanielleI hope the seas calm down soon!

@ReneeFLL I have not seen Heather Tesch on TV on the Weather Channel but she did a brief report on their website today. It appeared to be virtual, not in the studio. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Funny thing is I have an old Taurus station wagon that I usually bring to the airport when I fly from Providence and I keep a shovel in it. But Bradley is a longer drive and I wanted to be comfortable so that car is home in the garage. Yup, made some pretty good decisions last weekend. It least I left a sweatshirt in the car at the airport.

I am not sure how much snow they got in Hartford.  I know when my DH has flown into Logan after snow and was parked on the garage roof, a Massport guy was in a truck on the roof and met him at his car with a shovel to clear behind the car.  Maybe you will luck out and the lot has someone helping out too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The snow seems to have stopped and winds died down some.  Andy is out doing a 2nd pass with the snowblower.  Local news says the town next to us got 20.5 inches. Hard to tell with the drifting.  I’m making spicy sausage & lentil soup, that should warm Andy up when he comes in shortly.  We’re all packed & ready to go.  It looks like we’ll be able to get out of here sometime tomorrow.  

@ReneeFLL I have not seen Heather Tesch on TV on the Weather Channel but she did a brief report on their website today. It appeared to be virtual, not in the studio. 

I am glad things have stopped for you guys so that you can get out tomorrow.  We have no plans, so are going to leave it until tomorrow as we are still supposed to have snow until midnight or so.

Safe travels! 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have seen a couple of post here of folks talking about Elton John concerts.  My daughter just text us to let us know she is getting ready for the Elton John concert at Little Rock this evening.  They love concerts.

We saw him my local hometown, London Ontario maybe 4 years ago. It was like a home coming for him to perform in our 10 thousand person arena, as his partner is from here.  No opening act, just him and it was an amazing show. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am not sure how much snow they got in Hartford.  I know when my DH has flown into Logan after snow and was parked on the garage roof, a Massport guy was in a truck on the roof and met him at his car with a shovel to clear behind the car.  Maybe you will luck out and the lot has someone helping out too.

Bradley does say that the lot has amenities... whatever that means.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I bet the dog didn't like the howling winds.     How is your area now?

Last update I had from our neighbors that live year round in LBI was 13" and it stopped about 2 hours ago.   

The snow stopped about an hour ago but it is still windy.How is your area now ?

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The snow seems to have stopped and winds died down some.  Andy is out doing a 2nd pass with the snow blower.  

@ReneeFLL Enjoy your next cruise!. 

+1 👍

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am glad things have stopped for you guys so that you can get out tomorrow.  

Safe travels! 🙂 

+1 👍, Deb & Andy @Momof3gurlz

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2