Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wish I was with Super Mario and living on a cruise ship this winter🤩

Super Mario is on this cruise and as usual he is the top cruiser. They said he has over 9,000 points. I don't think he sails in suites very often if at all so that's all or mostly that many days he has been on. Have they ever had double points before? He is going to rack up a ton this year.

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

But we have been overlooking inflation.  By now it’s $1 for your thoughts and let me give you my $2 worth.

Not sure if the $2.00 thing was refering to the $2.00 bill tip guy, but it reminded me of this. Saw it and had to get a picture of it. He must have been down here for a cruise. 😁

Screenshot_20220203-203749_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6a58ccfd58e5ecd816c901f15126daab.jpg

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Yesterday, there was no rain but it was very windy.  Did a nice walk in the bush to a lookout.

D882E09C-F1A3-4359-89DE-E93017068BA2.jpeg

Beautiful area.

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Easy for me to remember.  Three weeks ago for the last formal night onboard.   The only time I wear a tie now. 

Mike dresses up for formal night also. He also has to wear a suit? aka uniform and tie to work, but luckily that's only a few times a week.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Super Mario is on this cruise and as usual he is the top cruiser. They said he has over 9,000 points. I don't think he sails in suites very often if at all so that's all or mostly that many days he has been on. Have they ever had double points before? He is going to rack up a ton this year.

He sails solo, so he is getting the extra point a night for that and likely got more points in the past during Diamond in December promo.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

He sails solo, so he is getting the extra point a night for that and likely got more points in the past during Diamond in December promo.

I forgot about the solo points. I haven't heard of Diamonds in December. When was that?

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Star class. 

Thanks.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This past weekend we bought out from the basement all our equipment to start planting seeds and happy to say everything works.      Yes, we know how to properly plug everything in🤣

And I picked up a bunch of Burpee seed packets.    They didn't have everything I wanted so I may have to order some seed packets online but we have enough to get started.   Hope to get those seeds planted this weekend.    Thinking of Spring plantings already🍅🥒🍆🌶️

When I started my seeds a couple years ago I felt like I started them to early.  It was around February 14.  Last year I started the seeds March 8 and thought it was too late.  This year I will start them around February 21.  May start the peppers soon.  I have most the seeds I plan to grow.  The place I order seeds from is out of Cherokee Purple.  Another place I found to order has the CP but not Delicious tomato.  Oh well.  What is your last frost date in your zone.  Ours is April 14.  Have you ever tried core gardening?  The last couple years I have been doing it and rarely have to water.  The only thing I have to water regularly is what I grow in grow bags.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Not long ago someone posted criticism about people who do not multi quote, but who post individual quotes.  Poster said it takes up too much room to read separate posts.

That’s the first thing I remembered.  😂 Then I remembered that there has been certain topics that bothers some and others loved.  Here we have so many different personalities and folks from so many different places.  There is going to be something different about this thread that can aggravate some but not others and topics loved by some but not others.  But I think the regulars overall love the thread and would hate to see it go.  So post the way you are comfortable with and the topics you want to share.  If we skip over it don’t worry, I am sure it will come up again.  This is how I see it.

Sometimes you want to go 

Where everybody knows your name, 
and they're always glad you came. 
You wanna be where you can see, 
our troubles are all the same 
You wanna be where everybody knows 
Your name. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Also makes it difficult to respond to. Let's say I want to respond to quote #4 of 8, do I try to edit out the other 7? Easy on a laptop but on a phone with my clumsy fingers? Oy vey!! 

Have you seen this sign on the Williamsburg Bridge?  I grew up  1 short block from that bridge on the Manhattan side.

My computer mouse died.  Can someone let me know how to highlight text using a laptop touchpad? TIA

Here's where Brooklyn's unique 'Fuhgeddaboudit,' 'Oy Vey' signs come from

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My computer mouse died.  Can someone let me know how to highlight text using a laptop touchpad? TIA

It’s probably like an iPad.  Press down on a word you want to highlight then adjust how much you want to highlight.  If you want to make something bold look up to the top left on the box.  Is the what you are asking?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Sue.

I've added the Creek and the Madinat to my list. They seem like my kind of places 😁

😉

You can cross the Creek in an Abra with the locals for a AED1, around 30 cents.  Or ask one of the Abra owners for a half hour private trip down the creek. I can't remember how much it was but it was pretty cheap.

There are some nice evening dinner cruises on the creek.

Also there use to be a boat shuttle from the Marina to the creek which passes by the Burj Al Arab from the sea which is interesting .

Finally don't forget QE2 is permandly moored as a hotel in Dubai, not sure if you can do a tour, but would be interesting,   have fun and post photos 

We hope to go late Feb or early March for a short break

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I don’t even remember the last time I wore a tie.

Now I'm retired, same for me, but tights.

Think I wore tights only two or three times last year. DH hates wearing ties. Last few cruises he took one, but never wore it

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

One thing I liked about my job is that I didn’t have to wear a tie. 

And a benefit of being self employed. Actually,  years ago the hospital asked the medical staff not to wear ties. They were found to be a source of cross contamination as they unintentionally  come in contact with many objects and substances.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Depending on how far back you are talking possibly panty hose also.

4 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Unfortunately, I had to wear a bra.....🤣

Never had a need for either. And notice that I used multi quote. No one gonna accuse me of post whoring.😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 17

I am being good so I am still here.  A picture of Samantha being good.  She has been very active lately not in a well behaved way.  I finished the hat below and she tried to kill the pom pom twice so far.  I need to make a new pom pom this weekend and switch it out for the "dead" one.

1879435032_Samantha2.thumb.jpeg.893c02468ea0873fe134d67efaa34281.jpeghat.thumb.jpeg.6d174740785cc73ab5f4b8235841d93f.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That’s the first thing I remembered.  😂 Then I remembered that there has been certain topics that bothers some and others loved.  Here we have so many different personalities and folks from so many different places.  There is going to be something different about this thread that can aggravate some but not others and topics loved by some but not others.  But I think the regulars overall love the thread and would hate to see it go.  So post the way you are comfortable with and the topics you want to share.  If we skip over it don’t worry, I am sure it will come up again.  This is how I see it.

Sometimes you want to go 

Your name. 

Very well said!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sometimes you want to go 

Your name. 

CHEERS!

• Like 5