Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

To further my computer issues, my keyboard touchpad does not work.  All of a sudden!  No mouse, no touchpad.  So grateful I have a touchscreen laptop.  Tomorrow comes the new mouse!!  

And yes I restarted my computer.  Nada.

Phew, it started working on its own.  I did nothing.

I had a laptop that did that and if I shut it down and took out the battery, it seemed to reset whatever the issue was for some reason.  Once I put the battery back in and turned it back on, my mouse and touchpad would work again.  The one time I took it in to be looked at, it was working fine and showed no issues on diagnostics when they turned it on at the store.  I ended up eventually just buying a new one as it didn't make sense to put a lot of money into trying to figure out the problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

In 1968 I went for a job interview .I wore a suit and tie .However,I had a beard .The interviewer told me that the job is mine but I would have to remove the beard.I said that I would not do that.

In 1990, I interviewed for a job working in the IT dept at UPS. Sames thing as you, they offered me a job but told me I needed to shave my beard.  I was okay with that but the deal breaker was no eating or drinking at the desk either. Not even a cup of coffee.  I was a coffee addict at the time so I turned down the job. It helped that I had 2 other job offers at the same time, for less money, but at least I could keep my beard and drink coffee at my desk.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

This awfully technically challenged gal couldn't find it....😢 Forgot to add: I'm using a computer and a mouse...

Dani - You need to click with the right mouse button on the tab at the top of the browser app.  That will open a menu with things that you can do with tabs in your browser app.  Here's what that looks like for the Microsoft Edge browser.  I've highlighted both the tab on which you right-click and the "Duplicate tab" option on the menu that opens.  The menu will be different if you are using Chrome or Safari, but you should still be able to right-click on the browser tab and find a menu option that lets you duplicate the current tab.

image.thumb.png.32800bc63268866fe8b40a4c87b0ad2a.png

Note that right-clicking works in many, many places when using Windows (maybe Macs also...I don't know).  The menus that open when you right-click on something are "context sensitive", meaning that the items in the menu will usually be related to whatever you right-clicked on.  Try right-clicking in an empty location on a web page, or on your desktop, or on the taskbar.  You might find something useful.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Dani, you are just fine.  I am bad at multi posting but it helps me keep up when you all do it.  Adding a +1 or whatever at least allows us to acknowledge poster🙂

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Single, multi quotes or + quotes... bring them on!

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Side Note: @dani negreanu I was always impressed with your ability to keep track of which number to use next in the "+ #"

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Dani, you just keep on posting the way you prefer to and don't worry about what others think or do. Plus this thread is your baby and you can do whatever you want. 😉 And the rest of us! 

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

dani, just keep being you and post YOUR comments in your style

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Oh Dani,  please continue to participate to your heart's desire.   I for one, am thankful that you taught me how to multi-quote, to post a + and a number, etc.   If if wasn't for you, there never would have been this wonderful and loving thread with so many special contributors...our friends!!!  Please don't ever sell yourself short by saying that there are more talented and creative posters than you out there.  Please know how loved you are by just about every one of us on this thread.  I thank you, Dani!  You are special!❤️Love you, kid!!❤️

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Please just continue to be the you that we have all come to know and look forward to "talking" to and sharing our routine day with. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Totally agree❤️

+9 ❤️ 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

So in preparation for my upcoming knee replacement I have to stop all anti inflammatory meds that I normally take for my knee. Oh boy I can tell the difference those meds make. I can barely walk now or get up without both knees throbbing in pain. Any pain I will have after the surgery can’t be as bad as this right now.

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Hang in there.  You will be right as rain soon.  

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Sorry to hear you are in such pain without your meds, Greg.  Five more days, my friend.  You are almost there!  You can do this!😉

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Greg, Feb. 9th will be here in a few short days and the pain you're going through will be a distant memory. Keep strong!

+ 4 👍 😘

28 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Dani - You need to click with the right mouse button on the tab at the top of the browser app. 

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I "think" I'm using Chrome... I didn't get the "exact" window you've posted (I've also tried the short cut of Ctrl + Shift + K, being a big believer in short cuts...) ---

IMG_6817.thumb.jpg.66e248cea139885d37055cc22fcb7f5a.jpg

I'll wait until after we'll be back from Dubai, and ask DS1 for help 😉

• Like 7

2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Today at 7am, we tested negative!  Whoop whoop cruise- here we come!  I dropped the dogs off at my mom’s, helped her negotiate her new car deal (after her last car was totaled in a bad accident- she is ok), and now I’m back home doing last minute pre-cruise things 🙂

Great news!!  What ship?  What Port?  Safe travels, and have a really great cruise.  Enjoy!

3 more weeks for our cruise!!!!

43 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Won’t he let you play with his toy? 😀

I was wondering the same!😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I need to jump in here.

This thread has been successful for almost 2 years.  I suggest we all continue as we have been doing.  It seems to work very well.  I'm sure the very few in the minority who find some posts difficult to read can deal with it on their own terms.

Single, multi quotes or + quotes... bring them on!

I agree Bonnie! But in the first place nobody asked anyone to change anything! People were just being honest and voicing thier two cents about how they felt about reading one or many quotes. Just as people voice their thoughts on loved ones, un loved ones, food, pets, vacatons, kids, boobs, knees, backs, blood pressure, in law problems, neighbors, tomatoes, TMI's and everything under the stars. I believe it made this thread what this thread is.....something we all want to come back to.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Today at 7am, we tested negative!  Whoop whoop cruise- here we come!  I dropped the dogs off at my mom’s, helped her negotiate her new car deal (after her last car was totaled in a bad accident- she is ok), and now I’m back home doing last minute pre-cruise things 🙂

YAY!🤩    Which ship are you sailing on?    where to?    

14 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Just as people voice their thoughts on loved ones, un loved ones, food, pets, vacatons, kids, boobs, knees, backs, blood pressure, in law problems, neighbors, tomatoes, TMI's and everything under the stars.

I think I missed that conversation! 🤐

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So in preparation for my upcoming knee replacement I have to stop all anti inflammatory meds that I normally take for my knee. Oh boy I can tell the difference those meds make. I can barely walk now or get up without both knees throbbing in pain. Any pain I will have after the surgery can’t be as bad as this right now.

Only 5 more days! Hang in there. 
Maybe your doctor will let you take Tylenol. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Just as people voice their thoughts on loved ones, un loved ones, food, pets, vacations, kids, boobs, knees, backs, blood pressure, in law problems, neighbors, tomatoes, TMI's and everything under the stars. 

18 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I think I missed that conversation! 🤐

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It’s sometimes hard to stay abreast of all the topics here.  

I bet it was in one of the multi-quotes 🤪

• Like 4
  • Haha 14

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I didn't want to post this because it's more gross than anything anyone found in a ship cabin or hotel room.

Our friends were cruising with us.  She banged on my door to let me know there was blood on her bed sheet.  In two places.  I rushed into her cabin and it looked like blood to me.  GS sent someone who said "it's probably wine".  Of course he changed the bedding. 

How's that for an EWWW moment?  I would bet the farm it wasn't wine.

OK…I just have to chime in with my totally gross moment!

Our flight Atlanta-Gatwick was delayed a couple of hours. We arrived Gatwick after 10am and were flying to Nairobi that evening, so we got a room at the Holiday Inn near the airport for a nap and were taking the Express to Victoria Station for some shopping. 
I took a shower, Dick was already asleep. 
I got into bed, turned on my side, put my hand under my pillow and encountered a soggy Kleenex. 
I’m sure everybody within 20 miles heard me screaming. 
So no nap for us. But that was ok. We were both wide awake. 
I still regret not complaining when we checked out, but I didn’t want to think about it again. 
I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn again, though. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

OK…I just have to chime in with my totally gross moment!

Our flight Atlanta-Gatwick was delayed a couple of hours. We arrived Gatwick after 10am and were flying to Nairobi that evening, so we got a room at the Holiday Inn near the airport for a nap and were taking the Express to Victoria Station for some shopping. 
I took a shower, Dick was already asleep. 
I got into bed, turned on my side, put my hand under my pillow and encountered a soggy Kleenex. 
I’m sure everybody within 20 miles heard me screaming. 
So no nap for us. But that was ok. We were both wide awake. 
I still regret not complaining when we checked out, but I didn’t want to think about it again. 
I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn again, though. 

Ewww...That is really Gross!!!

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

In 1990, I interviewed for a job working in the IT dept at UPS. Sames thing as you, they offered me a job but told me I needed to shave my beard.  I was okay with that but the deal breaker was no eating or drinking at the desk either. Not even a cup of coffee.  I was a coffee addict at the time so I turned down the job. It helped that I had 2 other job offers at the same time, for less money, but at least I could keep my beard and drink coffee at my desk.

I posted this before but it bears repeating.In 1980 a new head of the company called all the guys into his office.It was a Friday.He said on Monday we all had to be clean shaven.On Monday I was the only one who did not shave .I was called into my new bosses office.He asked why I did not shave.I replied that I was hired with the beard ,had worked there 8 years with the beard .He changed policy to allow facial hair as long as it was neatly trimmed.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Todd Rundgren was a favorite to me. I still remember seeing him in an outdoor concert.  At the end he flew off in a helicopter.  It did a couple circles over the crowd as he waved goodbye.  He, Pink Floyd and others influenced me to by a synthesizer.  

I was never into Todd Rundgren or NAZZ. 

@Sunshine3601 The garden talk yesterday inspired me to order the seeds I needed.  I ordered the Cherokee Purple tomato seeds from a place I have never ordered from.  I hope that works out because that is one of my top two favorite tomatoes.

Kenzie was just over for awhile.  Caden and Aubrey are spending the night.  Kenzie is coming back tomorrow and will spend some time while their mom and go out to eat.  We haven’t been with them since we got back from the cruise.  

• Like 4