Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We went early to ShopRite and it was insane.  Loaded with nasty people.  We go every Sunday so we should be the only people allowed!!!!

Same here.  I was at my shop rite doing my normal weekly shopping and lots of rude people, especially at the deli counter and meat dept.  No need for that!!!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Since mom is home this winter and not in Sarasota, a first in decades, I put out her bird feeder.  At one point today there were 6 male Cardinals and a few Blue Jays. 

4D67B553-3CDB-46F5-8CB1-BD667FA77C4E.thumb.jpeg.53d57b987e041edcbca30a8309f5fbe4.jpeg

Group shot. 

7FF9185D-3D2B-4ACF-ACDD-68BCF071B0DA.thumb.jpeg.7f16c32220a3b567f5c6f006ebf10843.jpeg

There were some females too. 

E6D5C4C7-F9C8-447E-A263-5910EF7436A3.thumb.jpeg.b9bf71e5cc2cddab27587419fa6fddf8.jpeg

Love the wall. What is it made of?

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

merion_mom has done a similar journey.... I remember thinking: "67 days on a ship... how much you'll have to pack"😁

Hopefully, you'll do this amazing itinerary in the very near future... For such a long and "trying" flight, might pack in as much as possible, and .... one way 😁

We were on one with Merion Mom in 2017. For us it was Sydney, New Zealand, South Pacific and got off in Hawaii while she continued on. We really wanted to continue on, but a week in Sydney before the cruise and then a week in Oahu after the cruise and that was all the time we had before Mike had to go back to work. 😥

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I don’t why the pan looks squished, it was not😳

I think if the photo was flipped then it would look like it was taken from front to back which is what you probably did. This way I don’t think it would look squished.

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks, I may just give up on photos!

Did you use bell peppers or cubanelle peppers? I just looked up a recipe and it called for cubanelle peppers, but some of those I think can be too hot.

Edited by ReneeFLL

33 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We were on one with Merion Mom in 2017. For us it was Sydney, New Zealand, South Pacific and got off in Hawaii while she continued on. We really wanted to continue on, but a week in Sydney before the cruise and then a week in Oahu after the cruise and that was all the time we had before Mike had to go back to work. 😥

I was eagerly following her "adventures", since I've booked a Sydney to NZ cruise in January 2017 for the following year, involving a huge expense and a very loooong flight (thanks to our FA son, we managed to fly business from Tel-Aviv to HK, and then, after a night in HK, business to SYD with Qantas).

DH declared that even though we'll fly business, he's not doing it in "one leg", he needs a real bed for at least a night. In hindsight, he was right. A friend of mine did it with only 4 hours lay over in HK, and for days she wasn't herself.

We left our home a week before the cruise, allowing for 4 full days in Sydney. Enjoyed the people and the city very much. I couldn't believe my eyes that we made it so far from home, and me looking every day at the famous Opera House.

So glad we managed to do it before the pandemic.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I was eagerly following her "adventures", since I've booked a Sydney to NZ cruise in January 2017 for the following year, involving a huge expense and a very loooong flight (thanks to our FA son, we managed to fly business from Tel-Aviv to HK, and then, after a night in HK, business to SYD with Qantas).

DH declared that even though we'll fly business, he's not doing it in "one leg", he needs a real bed for at least a night. In hindsight, he was right. A friend of mine did it with only 4 hours lay over in HK, and for days she wasn't herself.

We left our home a week before the cruise, allowing for 4 full days in Sydney. Enjoyed the people and the city very much. I couldn't believe my eyes that we made it so far from home, and me looking every day at the famous Opera House.

So glad we managed to do it before the pandemic.

I agree about the view. We stayed at the Shangri La in 2017 & 2018. Best view ever.

46 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

You are looking at the garage wall, and it’s made of field stone. Our Scottish stone mason did it. 

That’s beautiful. I love the different colors.

20191204_005416.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For me, this one if the creepiest prisons I ever visited

https://www.easternstate.org/

Located in philadelphia, about 45 min drive from our house.  

When our boys were teenagers we did regular tour, then went back 2 or 3 times for their Halloween Terror tours.  

We went to San Francisco for our honeymoon in the 90s and took ferry to Alcatraz, that was interested but creepy too.   Definitely did not like the feeling when you enter a cell and they close the bars on you for a photo op.

I just clicked on the eastern state prison in your post. Very interesting thanks for posting it. Never would have occurred to me to research it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks, originally was to be the "100 day cruise"...but now going to wait until early 2023 however.  Just too chancy for 2022 as it is. 

We may wait and go in March instead of originally planned February...due to little sister's big birthday in mid February 2023.  She wants to do a local cruise. 

But will still keep to the "stay on until Vancouver" schedule.  No idea which ship will be the chosen one...but still keeping the the dream alive.  It's a big one on our bucket list that needs to be checked off.  😉  

How many ports do you visit in that schedule (in normal non-pandemic times)??  

Owen starts school again today in his district. Other areas of the provinces, such as where Ken lives, are not going back yet. Owen hasn’t gone to school since the last day before Christmas break. He has however been doing on-line learning, and it was run 1000 times better than last spring. 

No word if hockey will start up, but we did receive an email about the possibility of baseball this summer. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

How many ports do you visit in that schedule (in normal non-pandemic times)??  

Yikes...a lot!  Would be easier to list off the countries and islands we (were 😞 ) to visit.  Was to do a total circumnavigation around Australia.  Also visiting Tasmania, plus north and south New Zealand.  Doing many small islands in the south Pacific, then on to Hawaii visiting the islands there for 5 days...then on to Vancouver.  

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here.  I was at my shop rite doing my normal weekly shopping and lots of rude people, especially at the deli counter and meat dept.  No need for that!!!

Yeah, what is it with the people in the stores right now?  Have never noticed so many rude people as I have during the last few months...but guess they are taking it out on us for the current situation.  

"Hey!!  Rude people out there...we are in this together.  Chill out will ya?!"  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I agree about the view. We stayed at the Shangri La in 2017 & 2018. Best view ever.

20191204_005416.jpg

Awww....drats. 🥺  I was supposed to be on the flight down there right now.  Was to stay at a one bedroom suite/apartment on the waterfront next to the pier for 4 nights on the harbor as well.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For me, this one if the creepiest prisons I ever visited

https://www.easternstate.org/

Located in philadelphia, about 45 min drive from our house.  

When our boys were teenagers we did regular tour, then went back 2 or 3 times for their Halloween Terror tours.  

We went to San Francisco for our honeymoon in the 90s and took ferry to Alcatraz, that was interested but creepy too.   Definitely did not like the feeling when you enter a cell and they close the bars on you for a photo op.

I remember reading about Eastern State Pen.  If it's the place that I'm thinking about, it has been used in a lot of movies/TV shows.  Halloween tours there must have been amazing.

Loooong cruises to many different countries/ports appeal to me but not my wife.  We did a 5 night from NYC to Bermuda a few years ago and the seas were pretty rough both going and coming.  DW swore that she wouldn't sail in open ocean again.  I've convinced her to try a Vancouver to Hawaii TP but it took sailing in a GS and spending a week in Hawaii afterwards to convince her.  She's still worried about heavy seas.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Loooong cruises to many different countries/ports appeal to me but not my wife.  We did a 5 night from NYC to Bermuda a few years ago and the seas were pretty rough both going and coming.  DW swore that she wouldn't sail in open ocean again.  I've convinced her to try a Vancouver to Hawaii TP but it took sailing in a GS and spending a week in Hawaii afterwards to convince her.  She's still worried about heavy seas.  

Bucky has inner ear problems during rough seas...and goes "Zombie" comatose on me when that happens...but he still wants to do that long south Pacific thing, and try again for a TA as well.  When I first booked the now cancelled Aussie adventure...I had only booked 5 legs...he convinced me to continue on with to what ended up being 8 legs, due to not wanting to miss out on Tasmania .  I had to "connect the dots" in between that leg and what I had booked.  

Still want to try it again, but not a chance want to try booking anything international until late 2022.  😮 

Have Allure Med from Barcelona booked for two loops Oct. 2022...and now waiting to connect the westbound TA to it (which is what we lost from last year as well).   

• Like 3