Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We're about 7% as big as the Villages

And there are a lot more places that I have no interest in or closed due to covid economy.

We have a golf cart sales and service facility in our community (plus a really excellent RV sales and service facility).  The owner of the cart sales gets a lot of "lightly used" electric carts from the Villages.  That community being so large, they can't get from end to end with the electric ones...they lose battery power. 

Most of the "Village People" have gas carts for that reason, ...so we were told by friends there.  We have a few gas carts in our community (and man are they noisy 😬), but most are electric.  We are an only 3000 acre community. 

Edited by island lady

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Dani.

I am booked in to the ward for 11.15am tomorrow and will have a local anaesthetic.

I've just rang and they said bring an overnight bag but the nurse said usually the consultant will send you home when he does his round later.

Good luck with your surgery, Graham.  Hope the healing goes fast.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mets07 said:

Sunshine, we also have two feet of snow in Northern NJ and it is still snowing....  I will be out there shoveling soon.  Getting our cars (in the driveway) cleaned off might be the hardest part... very little room to negotiate with....

It is beautiful, however. ❄️

All done my driveway and front walk.  Thank god for snowblowers.  The worst part is the end of the driveway from the snow plows.  That was almost up to my thighs.  Lucky enough 2 cars are in garage and the 3rd one I drive in the winter I pulled into street to clean off and driveway was cleared.

Time for a hot shower and coffee.

Be safe and take your time, no rush to shovel.  

Yes, still snowing here too.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have freezing rain which will be covered by new snow tomorrow.

I am scheduled for the second dose of Covid vaccine Wednesday .They are not rescheduling.

That's absurd.

I've seen on TV that NY is at standstill and I imagine the medical staff or whoever are doing the vaccinations cannot get to work too...

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@grapau27

Graham,

So sorry to see now that Captain Sir Tom Moore has died. May he RIP.

I've feared for him from yesterday, when he was hospitalized.😢

Thanks Dani it is very sad news.

His family took him to Barbados before Xmas and for the last 6 weeks he has had pneumonia.

He could not have the vaccine because of his pneumonia mediation.

He was taken to hospital a couple of days ago but caught Covid19 there.

His family were at his bedside with him.

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@grapau27

Graham,

So sorry to see now that Captain Sir Tom Moore has died. May he RIP.

I've feared for him from yesterday, when he was hospitalized.😢

Very sad news. He was such a gentleman. Below is his story for those who haven't heard about him

BBC News - Capt Sir Tom Moore: How the retired Army officer became a nation's hero
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52324058

• Thanks 3

19 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Right now, the 4th lock down, all the hotels and restaurants are closed. Don't know which of the restaurants will be back in business after being closed for such prolonged periods of time. 

Hope things get better soon, and you guys can open back up soon!  What amazes me, is that so many people in the US still think the virus is fake or overhyped, and don’t realize it’s a global thing, impacting billions!  I have friends around the world, and they are definitely impacted!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

What amazes me, is that so many people in the US still think the virus is fake or overhyped, and don’t realize it’s a global thing, impacting billions!

No, it is not "overhyped" or "fake". One third of the Covid's total death toll was in January...

It seems that now we're in the "crab like stage" -- one step forward (huge roll out of vaccines) and 2 steps backward -- the "British" mutant and its new "sub-mutant" are so virulent and contagious, that, on one hand we see much less 60+ who are sick, and much more under 60. In the end, the huge amount of already vaccinated people doesn't "compensate" for the huge amount of newest sick.....

The medical experts are, for the 1st time, at a loss -- prolonging the already 6 weeks long lock down is disastrous for the economy and the kids who stay at home, or taking the chance with the "British" mutants which spread like fire....

Bleak.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, island lady said:

We have a golf cart sales and service facility in our community (plus a really excellent RV sales and service facility).  The owner of the cart sales gets a lot of "lightly used" electric carts from the Villages.  That community being so large, they can't get from end to end with the electric ones...they lose battery power. 

Most of the "Village People" have gas carts for that reason, ...so we were told by friends there.  We have a few gas carts in our community (and man are they noisy 😬), but most are electric.  We are an only 3000 acre community. 

Electric dominate here because golf courses prohibit gas. We do have two new gas stations now, so we may start seeing more gas ones.

Here is my drive from Home to CVS then Publix. Took the Q5 since CVS is outside my boundary, and its a wee bit cold 🥶

Screenshot_20210202-132931_Life360.thumb.jpg.dc3d45b12a9e88644c724b99ac164beb.jpg

And this ride home from Publix. Top speed in cart would have been 21

Screenshot_20210202-132951_Life360.thumb.jpg.432c5554560c802d79e7a3e00755f657.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

How about this one.

EC919724-FA86-4174-91D7-9D1127FB70C7.jpeg

Looks like something in The Villages.😉

Over compensation. 

One thing you don't see there is 'lifted' carts because they have height restrictions due to several tunnels. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That's absurd.

I've seen on TV that NY is at standstill and I imagine the medical staff or whoever are doing the vaccinations cannot get to work too...

My wife received a text this morning and I received an e-mail stating that it has not been postponed.We have a foot of snow outside our door.

• Like 1

Just now, DaniDanielle said:

Good luck and be careful.

The Maintenance crew from our Condo is cleaning the snow off our walkway now.One of our son-in-laws (the one who lived in Israel) is taking us to get the vaccine and bring us home.He said he would come early and remove the snow if necessary.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife received a text this morning and I received an e-mail stating that it has not been postponed. We have a foot of snow outside our door.

Sorry, I didn't see your reply above, I was writing. Glad you have someone to take you there !!! Good luck.

Can you afford a private ambulance to take you there and back? Are the roads open? Which vehicles are traveling?

Edited by dani negreanu