Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Thank you for the all support and prayers for my Mom and me the other day.  My Mom had her additional MRI yesterday and we are still waiting for the results of that and the neurosurgery referral.  After discussions with my DH, son, Mom and most of my siblings, we are going to take our cruise to Alaska.  I am almost packed and my DH will throw his stuff together when he gets home from work tonight.  Car service is picking us up at 5am tomorrow morning😵  We will have a couple of days in Seattle before we board Quantum on Monday.  We tested last night to make sure we are negative and will test for the cruise once we get to Seattle since we can't test until tomorrow.  Hopefully, I have remembered most of what we need.  I do have the important stuff: passport, money, vaccine card, credit cards, Arrive Can QR code, set sail pass and boarding pass.   If I forget it, I will just buy it when I get there. 😄 

• Like 23

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

After discussions with my DH, son, Mom and most of my siblings, we are going to take our cruise to Alaska. 

So happy for you. Hopefully, you'll be able to "disconnect" a bit and enjoy Alaska in "real time".

Sending positive thoughts that your Mom will be well during your cruise, and many many years after.🙏

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'm so done with this miserable weather.  Drizzling and fog yesterday,  Drizzle and rain today, not getting out of the 50's, thunderstorms and rain tomorrow.  Mother Nature, please give us a break!!  I have too much seeding and planting to do around here!😩

On a brighter note, our Ava scored 5 goals and 2 assists during her Lacross game yesterday!  She scored 2 goals last week.  This girl is on fire!!!😁

She may become a professional player😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs. H. said:

I loved all the pics from aussielozzi18 and the pics of the pups and kitty.

There should be a WOW button to hit. 

I'm back home now.
Arrived at hospital at 7:10.  Surgery started at 9:29. 

I woke up in recovery at 10:29. 
LOL I saw surgeon out of his PJ's and back in his suit. 

Left around 11:30 and home before 12:00.

ALL the nurses and and doctor's were so wonderful.  

Funny when they asked me if I was nervous, I said absolutely not.  I go with the flow now a days.

I hope this is it for a while.  Too much too soon.  
Total tyroidectomy on Jan. 4th and today melanoma on upper right arm.  CANCER BE GONE!!  

I hope everyone is having an awesome day.😁

Glad that you are home and smiling 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thank you for the all support and prayers for my Mom and me the other day.  My Mom had her additional MRI yesterday and we are still waiting for the results of that and the neurosurgery referral.  After discussions with my DH, son, Mom and most of my siblings, we are going to take our cruise to Alaska.  I am almost packed and my DH will throw his stuff together when he gets home from work tonight.  Car service is picking us up at 5am tomorrow morning😵  We will have a couple of days in Seattle before we board Quantum on Monday.  We tested last night to make sure we are negative and will test for the cruise once we get to Seattle since we can't test until tomorrow.  Hopefully, I have remembered most of what we need.  I do have the important stuff: passport, money, vaccine card, credit cards, Arrive Can QR code, set sail pass and boarding pass.   If I forget it, I will just buy it when I get there. 😄 

I'm so happy that you and your DH have decided to go ahead with your travel plans after having the family discussion and all agreed that you both should go.  Mom will be okay.  It sounds like she'll be in good hands all around.  🥰

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm thinking they need another dog to make it an even scuffle.  Not sure that Charlie and Lizzy could take Kylar by themselves. 😁

I would definitely bet on the Kylar if there was a fight 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Keksie

Annabel is already a beauty... A real pleasure to look at.  Another Maine Coon?

Yes.  My husband just happened to catch a glimpse of the Facebook post from the breeder I got Samantha from.  I was going to scroll on by (really I was).  He said see how much she is and when she will be ready.  Who was I to say no?  I am driving to Texas to pick her up June 5/6.  I think it will be good for Samantha to have someone to play with.  The other 3 cats are so much older they don't play with her much.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Lunch today was at the Rustic Inn Crab House.  I still can’t believe you can get two of these meals for Friday lunch special, with drink included, for less than $30 total. Enough left over to take back to the hotel, plus they gave us coke refills to go. 

2F624785-245C-4052-A4CC-2811AE7FD484.thumb.jpeg.0918757ca0a5c89c37111c47c76354c7.jpeg

Time for some relaxing pool time. 

It sounds like your trip is off to a great start.  That's quite a plateful of deliciousness right there!

What time is Sail Away tomorrow??🛳️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Would you like to take a guess as to what a ticket cost in the old Garden to see the Rangers play ? I sat in the top row,probably the worst seat .

You said the only game you went to was in 1960?

I'm guess you paid about 1/4th the price of my $8.95 hot dog.  To be fair, it was a foot long loaded with several toppings (cheese, bacon etc).  Probably was a good 1,500 calories, so on the dollar per calorie scale, it wasn't too bad.  Don't get me stated on the $18 beers. But at 24 oz, it's really 2 beers in one. 

Most sporting events these days have dynamic pricing. Weekend games cost more than week day games, night games more than day games, games again division rivals will always cost more. So the same seat can cost anywhere from $90 to $150 depending on the time, day & opponent.  Not counting the 2 playoff games, I think my average cost per seat was around $120, near top row, for the 10 regular season games I went to. The two playoff games were $145 each. If they were to make the next round - a huge IF - the cost doubles, which is why I doubt I'll be attending any more games this year.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

It sounds like your trip is off to a great start.  That's quite a plateful of deliciousness right there!

What time is Sail Away tomorrow??🛳️

I think sail away is at 4:30.  Looking forward to getting aboard again. 

Our leftover shrimp will be supper tonight.  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

You said the only game you went to was in 1960?

I'm guess you paid about 1/4th the price of my $8.95 hot dog.  To be fair, it was a foot long loaded with several toppings (cheese, bacon etc).  Probably was a good 1,500 calories, so on the dollar per calorie scale, it wasn't too bad.  Don't get me stated on the $18 beers. But at 24 oz, it's really 2 beers in one. 

Most sporting events these days have dynamic pricing. Weekend games cost more than week day games, night games more than day games, games again division rivals will always cost more. So the same seat can cost anywhere from $90 to $150 depending on the time, day & opponent.  Not counting the 2 playoff games, I think my average cost per seat was around $120, near top row, for the 10 regular season games I went to. The two playoff games were $145 each. If they were to make the next round - a huge IF - the cost doubles, which is why I doubt I'll be attending any more games this year.

The best seat at MSG for a sporting event in 1960 would be about $5.00.I paid 50 cents for my seat.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NHProud said:

Thank you , Greg ! Your pups look regal.  So cute ! You need another cat to make it an even scuffle.   I hope , you and Linda are well . 

We actually have added Jonathan's cat Drave. Jonathan and his girlfriend broke up and while he is looking for a roommate to fill her spot on the lease, he is living with us. So Drave isn't crazy about the pups but he tolerates them.

Drave.thumb.jpg.cd74fc007af3d77feeebc2eae4c0ec4a.jpg

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Oh Greg, your pups are so special.  Funny, too!  Just not when they want to eat furniture, molding, etc.  We went through that many years ago..  Thank you for the pictures and updates on Lizzie and Charlie!

You are welcome. I need to take more pictures and video. They do some pretty funny things.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm thinking they need another dog to make it an even scuffle.  Not sure that Charlie and Lizzy could take Kylar by themselves. 😁

2 dogs is enough for me. especially puppies. See above we added Jonathan's cat Drave to spend some time with us for awhile.

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

After discussions with my DH, son, Mom and most of my siblings, we are going to take our cruise to Alaska. 

I'm glad you are going to take some pressure off yourself and be able to relax. Have a great cruise.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Happy to hear that you will leaving on your much needed vacation / cruise tomorrow morning. 

Your Mom is in good hands.      I hope you are able to relax and enjoy as you deserve🤩

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

As Maryann said @Luckynana I am also very tired of this weather.    Yesterday was okay with some short periods of sun but today is periods of rain (very heavy rain just a bit ago).     And tomorrow is more of the same.   Come on now Sun - we all have yard work and flowers to plant (and weeds to pick).     

The mortgage biz has been very slow this Spring due to the big increase in interest rates this year.   Still have very low amount of homes for sale just about everywhere it seems.   Today is extremely boring and the rain doesn't help my mood. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thank you for the all support and prayers for my Mom and me the other day.  My Mom had her additional MRI yesterday and we are still waiting for the results of that and the neurosurgery referral.  After discussions with my DH, son, Mom and most of my siblings, we are going to take our cruise to Alaska. 

Glad to hear that you'll be able to cruise after all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Ozark_Kid    All onboard Ovation?     What time is set sail?

Sail time in 5 minutes, 4:30 ship time. but I bet it will be later.  Captain just announced 108 have yet to finish the muster drill.  They said they are shutting it down at 4:30.  Might take time to kick them off.

• Like 3