Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Once at work in TX, we had spirit day when the Rangers (baseball, lol) played against the Yankees in the World Series.  I was the only one to show up wearing a Yankees cap.  i was politely told by my boss to please remove it!!  Honest!  Texans are very proud and passionate about their TX sports.  Apparently, I'm not.  And yes, I removed my cap.  I never argue with the person who signs my paychecks. 😉

That’s an episode of Seinfeld except Elaine didn’t remove her baseball cap.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful photos!

Did anyone happen to see or get pictures of the moon last night?    I fell asleep around 1030 and missed the event.

No  good pictures here, clouds were going in and out as it started. 😞

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

No  good pictures here, clouds were going in and out as it started. 😞

I looked out my back door around 10 pm and saw the moon but saw lots of clouds too.    I was exhausted after all the yard work we had done and I just couldn't keep my eyes open so I gave up the fight and went to bed.     No one at work saw it either.

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I looked out my back door around 10 pm and saw the moon but saw lots of clouds too.    I was exhausted after all the yard work we had done and I just couldn't keep my eyes open so I gave up the fight and went to bed.     No one at work saw it either.

At around 11:30 pm the moon was there, then it was like half showing and then it disappeared. I thought wow that was neat but super fast............Turns out it was just a cloud because the moon then reappeared again.  lol    Then saw more clouds coming and said the hell with it and went back inside.

My wife said on Facebook people that lived in North Carolina and South Carolina got some very good pictures.........I have yet to see them yet though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mrs. H. said:

First time I'm going on the Oasis.  (60 more days) lol

My g/f's picked the balcony overlooking Boardwalk.  #10723.

Something different.  Should be fun.  Too bad about those ugly slides that are there now.

When is your cruise and where is it going to ?

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

This conversation took place a short while after moving to Texas:

I ran into a neighbor once who said her son was so excited to be going to a Rangers game that night.  I asked if he's a sports fan and she said absolutely.  I told her he must love hockey.  She said not as much as baseball.  I asked if the Rangers play many games in Texas.  We finally figured out we were both talking about two completely different teams/sports.  I had no idea Texas had a baseball team!. At least I knew what sport the NJ Rangers play....slinking away in shame.

Once at work in TX, we had spirit day when the Rangers (baseball, lol) played against the Yankees in the World Series.  I was the only one to show up wearing a Yankees cap.  i was politely told by my boss to please remove it!!  Honest!  Texans are very proud and passionate about their TX sports.  Apparently, I'm not.  And yes, I removed my cap.  I never argue with the person who signs my paychecks. 😉

In 2014 we went with two other couples to Boston for the weekend.

We heard that a movie that we all wanted to see was playing in a theater near our hotel.We were meeting in the lobby.My friend Tony was wearing a Yankees hat,jersey and jacket.The hotel Manager politely suggested that he might want to change what he was wearing.Tony is 6’3 and weighs 250 and was not concerned about anyone having a problem with what he was wearing.Nobody said a word to him in the theater.

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

At around 11:30 pm the moon was there, then it was like half showing and then it disappeared. I thought wow that was neat but super fast............Turns out it was just a cloud because the moon then reappeared again.  lol    Then saw more clouds coming and said the hell with it and went back inside.

My wife said on Facebook people that lived in North Carolina and South Carolina got some very good pictures.........I have yet to see them yet though.

Here is a collage a friend put together from around the NC/SC border, shots were about 15 minutes apart.  Yes he does have fancy equipment.  I didn't make it but everyone I know who did said it was worth it.

FB_IMG_1652744311461.jpg

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Most sunny warm humid day here with storms approaching early evening.    

Eric and I will be heading down to our LBI house later this week (not sure which day yet) and will stay there till middle of next week as our first renter of the season is to arrive Friday 5/27.   We will probably tell them they can arrive early on Thurs 5/26 to avoid memorial day weekend traffic.   They will be there until morning of June 11th then Eric and I will be back for 2 weeks in June. 

It's going to be rough since I am used to having the house for most of June for our family but we did not do winter renters this year and had a previous renter that wanted 5/27 thru 6/1.   No, Not the can opener Lady😁  

It was supposed to start storming here at 1PM.It still has not rained.

My daughter who works in LI but lives in Manhattan came here rather than driving home in the storm.

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It is cabin 11629 on Oasis that I am thinking about booking.    I like to try different cabin types and we love to hang out on the balcony just not sure if we will miss the ocean view.

Night time view from our CP balcony, looking forward. 

55169540-9B08-4551-B733-77A867B26865.thumb.jpeg.c158cfbebc2842533fabd74855fe84dd.jpeg

Night view, looking aft

DC4262B9-80FF-475E-8A82-E5BCBB00262E.thumb.jpeg.61b6c5b957c2ef4e6e26c814791486d9.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Here is a collage a friend put together from around the NC/SC border, shots were about 15 minutes apart.  Yes he does have fancy equipment.  I didn't make it but everyone I know who did said it was worth it.

FB_IMG_1652744311461.jpg

Hi April, Thank you for sharing this collage.   He definitely has some fancy equipment🤩   looks amazing

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

It was supposed to start storming here at 1PM.It still has not rained.

My daughter who works in LI but lives in Manhattan came here rather than driving home in the storm.

We had a quick thunderstorm pass thru around 630 then sun came back.  I'm happy it was nothing like the forecast.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1