Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 5/17/2022 at 8:16 AM, DaniDanielle said:

Unfortunately, he passed away.  The family is devastated. 

I’m so sorry. I don’t know what to say except I’m glad your daughter and their children have you to help them through this. It’s heartbreaking for all of you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2022 at 1:00 PM, bobmacliberty said:

I flipped it for you.  They deserve to be seen right side up.  Thought I could just rotate and save but tried that several different ways and it still ended up upside down here just like you.  I finally rotated and saved as a .png file rather than a .jpg file.  That worked.  Don't know why.

5784B523-D55F-406E-945A-8C45108CD6B1.jpeg.1c53c236d1718f760e4519eeed0c6edc.thumb.png.17185a787d6e05eeb0da65f28c07015c.png

I am so technically inept!

Thanks for standing them upright!

We just got back from our favorite restaurant/ supper club. Upscale restaurant with live music every night. We go there at least once a week and sometimes multiple times . Restaurant has playboys cartoons on the wall from Vargas such as

http://www.pinupcartoongirls.com/alberto-vargas

you very rarely see children there but tonight there were two appropriate 7 year old little girls asking waitress why there was a picture of a woman’s butt? Waitress said it was a form of art😁😁😁, little girls then asked our friend the singer to play a Micheal Buble song . 

Edited by George C
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

@Sea DogI have to tell you that you have really gotten me hooked on Kraken Rum. I buy Ocean Spray juice... cranberry, pineapple, passion fruit combo... mix it with vodka and Kraken. It is so good.

Yes it is my go to rum now. So many great cocktails you can do. I got an espresso machine for my birthday so I will trying out different espresso martini combinations.

12 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Once again I thank you all.  The support my daughter is getting from the school she works in is unbelievable.  Food has been coming in all day from her fellow teachers and the students and their families.  I have relayed all your messages to her.  We just need to survive the next few days.

❤️

Your family is still in my thoughts and heart.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Sunny and 60°F currently.

In below deck Mediterranean last night Lexi was sacked by Captain Sandy after her confrontation with chef Mathew.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Graham.

It's going to get crazy, just wait.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just saw I had an email from Royal yesterday reminding us to complete health questionnaire for the cruise we were supposed to be on today but had canceled early April.   We were to be sailing Enchantment out of Baltimore for 8 night Bermuda/bahama itinerary.   We canceled when our schedule for shore house changed.   

I totally forget we would have been boarding today.   But happy to be packing this morning to head to LBI later today.   Hope to be there by dinner.   Excited to see our neighbors and catch up with them this weekend for dinner and drinks on the deck.

• Like 11

On 5/17/2022 at 7:59 AM, DaniDanielle said:

We got a call early this morning from our daughter in Brooklyn.  Her husband suffered a cardiac event and she and my husband are now at the hospital.  I am with the kids, doesn’t look good.

So sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers. You are a very strong woman!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2022 at 3:06 PM, Coralc said:

Wow. The rest of their yard looks a little...impenetrable. :classic_biggrin: Without a machete or something. :classic_biggrin:

That’s sea grapes  growing on the dunes. The dunes are a natural barrier to protect  the house from the ocean. Nor’easters do more damage along North Florida beaches than do hurricanes. 
It is against the law to cut down or dig up anything growing  on the dunes as that’s what holds them together. 
it is also against the law to walk on the dunes. 
That’s why each oceanfront home has a dune walkover. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I was just wondering if Dick and I should try Celebrity. I’m presuming it’s more like Princess than Royal Caribbean?

We were never on a Princess ship but we cruised on Celebrity many times and loved that cruise line.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

30 minutes until Survivor.

Great show last night.I was very happy with the person who left.The person I have been rooting there since the first episode is still there but my gut feeling is that the person will not win.My prediction is that Maryanne will win this season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Rain is back.  No outdoor work to be done, so shopping I will go!  Have a great day everyone!

It was storming here this morning.I had a doctors appointment.We had to drive over three bridges.Still raining when we left the docto.We stopped at a Starbucks on the way home,I have not been thin in several years.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Great show last night.I was very happy with the person who left.The person I have been rooting there since the first episode is still there but my gut feeling is that the person will not win.My prediction is that Maryanne will win this season.

I hope you're wrong.  lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

Well, I’ve done it! Today was my official last day of working in Colorado.  I told them in my goodbye speech “I’m literally quitting and you’re throwing a party 🤣”.
a huge basket of parting gifts, wine, flowers, and spy the mug…everyone teases me about my love for spreadsheets 😉

D160DBE2-9D0D-4978-9652-E1C3A4617B35.thumb.jpeg.e64b8f1adb66d5fbe8e68d20efc44fa1.jpeg

Congratulations Crystal, on a job well done!  It's obvious by how you've been honored last night, that you are a valuable and very much loved employee!  I mean, how many people get a big party thrown for them after saying "I quit"!  I wish you so much happiness at your new job and your now full-time Florida residence.  Enjoy!!!!!🌴

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Jim mentioned that to me last night.  He said ...just watch...Maryanne will wind up winning next week!  Not our choice, but crazier things can happen...

• Like 2

Well, I’ve done it! Today was my official last day of working in Colorado. The execs threw me a lovely send-off last night…a happy hour event at a local golf club…attended by about 40. I think I’m the first person since I’ve been here that was celebrated in this manner without there being a retirement involved. I told them in my goodbye speech “I’m literally quitting and you’re throwing a party 🤣”.F9209429-294B-4EB7-ACA1-9B7A1C444FEC.thumb.jpeg.9d300f835b5b79c50fce67e6834ee314.jpeg

a huge basket of parting gifts, wine, flowers, and spy the mug…everyone teases me about my love for spreadsheets 😉

D160DBE2-9D0D-4978-9652-E1C3A4617B35.thumb.jpeg.e64b8f1adb66d5fbe8e68d20efc44fa1.jpeg

2 of my other exec assistants I’ve worked with for 7+ years

B179BF3D-137F-4BBA-A456-44D0BBA2FAFD.thumb.jpeg.60c30fb0b97cf79b56b09aa1d2acf40f.jpeg

Very nice!   It must have been a bittersweet evening.  

Moving day is fast approaching, You and Nate must be so excited to start this new Chapter in your life!😍

• Like 1

We are finally in the car and on our way to LBI.    I was hoping to avoid rush hour but Eric kept finding last minute things to do like wash the car.     

Kitties are in good hands with my neighbor.       It was like Eva knew as she escaped out the front door while Eric was washing the car and she immediately ran over to the neighbors front door and knocked (tapped with her paw) on her storm door.  She knows how to get treats😺  Too cute

@Jimbo  We plan on stopping at Vincetown Diner for an early dinner.     Want anything?

• Like 4

Well, I’ve done it! Today was my official last day of working in Colorado. The execs threw me a lovely send-off last night…a happy hour event at a local golf club…attended by about 40. I think I’m the first person since I’ve been here that was celebrated in this manner without there being a retirement involved. I told them in my goodbye speech “I’m literally quitting and you’re throwing a party 🤣”.F9209429-294B-4EB7-ACA1-9B7A1C444FEC.thumb.jpeg.9d300f835b5b79c50fce67e6834ee314.jpeg

2 of my other exec assistants I’ve worked with for 7+ years

B179BF3D-137F-4BBA-A456-44D0BBA2FAFD.thumb.jpeg.60c30fb0b97cf79b56b09aa1d2acf40f.jpeg

Congratulations ! What a nice send-off to a job well done . 

• Like 1