Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Good luck Graham, hope the injection helps.

Thank you Marietta.

The doctor said my knees have 

Moderate -Severe arthritis.

The injection site is where the plaster is and the injection was almost painless.

16560065028742515655709162059314.jpg

• Like 11

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Can you imagine living in that house across the street? Wouldn't that be lovely.

I know. The houses along these lakes and this little park are HUGE. I'll try to get some pics next time we walk around. 

Really, they are like mini-mansions. Some dwarf M8's newest.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

The place I went to this past Sunday was at a brewery, where I spent the first 3 1/2 hours eating and drinking while listening to live music before signing up for axe-throwing.  Had to sign a few waivers first just in case I accidentally took a finger off.

I could not bring my beer into the throwing cage but I could step out as often as needed to "wet the whistle". It's amazing the thirst you can work up tossing an axe for 30 minutes. 😄

Did your aim get better with liquid libation?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Marietta.

The doctor said my knees have 

Moderate -Severe arthritis.

The injection site is where the plaster is and the injection was almost painless.

16560065028742515655709162059314.jpg

Thankful the injection went fine for you.   Hope you are able to get around easier soon.  How long is it supposed to take to make a noticeable difference?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thankful the injection went fine for you.   Hope you are able to get around easier soon.  How long is it supposed to take to make a noticeable difference?

It feels a lot better now but doctor said to give it a few weeks and if everything is okay he will do the other knee.

• Like 4

We have felt blessed with our new deck.  With the heat up now we find it harder to be out on it as much.  Sharon has a lot of flowers growing on it.  I have learned something about composite decking.....

WARNING..... Do not walk out barefoot on composite decking when the sun has been hitting it!  That stuff can get hot!

We also had a new patio door with blinds installed when the built the deck.   The left door blinds were not smooth working after installing and after awhile got stuck.  Yesterday the deck builder finally got it replaced.  Took them several months but it's done.  

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

This whole concept still baffles me. Places are popping up all over the country now of this.

Maybe I should start a new thing like "Hand Gernade Throwing"? You think it would catch on?

My granddaughter and her husband picked dinner and axe throwing for date night. She was much better at it than he was. 

53C22968-FA51-435C-9A4A-18A49605F193.jpeg

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Did your aim get better with liquid libation?

I did get better!  In the beginning, I was too tense and tended to overthink and overthrow. Put too much spin on the axe. The result was the axe harmlessly bouncing off the boards. I'm sure the liquid libations helped me relax but it was a petite, soft-spoken, slender young mom of two next to me that corrected my throwing technique.  She was pretty much nailing every throw. Her last bit of advice to me: "Throw it like someone is trying to murder your step-daughter".

I nailed the next 20 of 25 throws!

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Maryann.

I hope you have a wonderful day too.

I had a steroid injection in my right knee just over 3 hours ago and so far so good.

We went to the beach after the doctors and had a nice snack.

I’m happy you are getting some relief. I hope it will last long term.

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone,

We’re back on “solid ground” as of this very early morning. Had to “burn” some hours until our room was ready. Barcelona.

We we’re supposed to get “free Wi-Fi” as one of the “perks”, but it turned out that the “free” only allows u to check emails and send WhatsApps. 

We have to spend another 2 days here, courtesy of a cancelled flight, and back home I’ll try to catch up.

We had the pleasure to meet with Sue “uk” and Gary, her DH, and had some interesting and enjoyable talks.

(((((( )))))

• Like 36

19 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I had read about your ankle situation & surgery. So sorry for that to happen ever but especially while you were training for a new job. However, it somehow escaped me that you were in a rehab facility, I just assumed you were doing out-patient.

The insurance company will probably decide how long you get to stay. It does seem like the longer you stay, the better. How is the facility itself? Is it someplace you don't mind staying longer and can you talk to the doctor about extending, if needed?

Having visited several different rehab facilities in the past, it seems  they range from almost resort-like to barely one-step above Rikers Island. (another NYC reference to cheer you up 🙂)

I was in my current rehab place 6 years ago when I had femur bone surgery.  It's advertised as a "boutique" rehab place.  It looks a lot less medical than other rehab places I visited when friends were there. Hallway floors are carpeted, works of art on the walls, really nice public rooms where unfortunately due to covid only residents can enjoy.  Family members can only visit in patients rooms.  I have a corner room with a huge L shaped window, a couch, 2 nice upholstered arm chairs, wood dresser and a full double door closet.  Beautiful landscaped courtyard which nobody uses in this current 100 degree weather.   It's usually hard to get in but my previous stay and volunteer work got me in.  It isn't home but they make it comfortable.

So far I'm here 3 weeks and no word of discharge.  I have no idea how much my insurance will cover.

16 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Your foot should start to get better pretty soon. You're almost half way through! 

Thank you for the good thoughts.  Unfortunately, I have 8 more weeks of no weight bearing on my right leg.  They'll discharge me when I can take care of myself at home/or when my insurance runs out. Although Jack will be a big help, I need to be as independent as I can.  When I can finally put my right foot down, I'll need more physical therapy to walk correctly again.

Pain comes and goes.  No "happy pills" in over 24 hours.  Yea!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Hello everyone,

We’re back on “solid ground” as of this very early morning. Had to “burn” some hours until our room was ready. Barcelona.

We we’re supposed to get “free Wi-Fi” as one of the “perks”, but it turned out that the “free” only allows u to check emails and send WhatsApps. 

We have to spend another 2 days here, courtesy of a cancelled flight, and back home I’ll try to catch up.

We had the pleasure to meet with Sue “uk” and Gary, her DH, and had some interesting and enjoyable talks.

(((((( )))))

@dani negreanuDani, so wonderful to read all is well.  Enjoy Barcelona and have safe travels home.  Sue and hubby too!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

After learning about bees yesterday, why not move on to geese and fish today?

Today’s adventure took us to the Linesville Spillway.  Picked up 15 loaves of bread to feed the wildlife, and it is encouraged here. 

B6B38C9F-214F-44A5-ABB7-341B3EE29FC1.thumb.jpeg.1f45431046d91818d881e32e8b7bd0d2.jpeg

Lots of geese

4AAF5D1F-E0EA-436B-9C35-4699262316C1.thumb.jpeg.99f93a41f1010f6eae8ef21260f13547.jpeg

And lots of fish 

23D07C74-9E33-49CD-8AA1-BF5C1DB41DFF.thumb.jpeg.2cd8a345fa6bf45dc274cb18f636e4d4.jpeg

Susan says she has nightmares about falling into this mass of fish

7917AAFF-62B1-4CED-9DFF-A1809E9B350B.thumb.gif.ee68a088509df0b12a73897ca694f9cd.gif

We moved on to the fish hatchery, but there isn’t much to see this time of the year. 

64FDFA36-7136-4351-A90A-EF3914D7DE1A.thumb.jpeg.6a2c7778b47556a85da152aab435bfe0.jpeg

49E9B7D1-A14A-42DF-98F5-4B05A273A0EB.thumb.jpeg.571917536e631adfc2693863d5a91691.jpeg

I did spot a nice Lilly pad 

9F9B3D0E-A135-417B-AE56-A0F2EAC337DF.thumb.jpeg.903cc5c8c62017b690c9f565ba01a022.jpeg

Then it was off to the Safari Bar in Meadville.  The kids gave me their best frightened looks as they posed in front of the polar bear. 

45F19D0C-37B3-4F70-92E3-0B4EFF08AC54.thumb.jpeg.0d782a1bc188ba85ecf35208eeffbee6.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I had a steroid injection in my right knee just over 3 hours ago and so far so good.

We went to the beach after the doctors and had a nice snack.

I'm glad to hear it all went well!😊

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Hello everyone,

(((((( )))))

Lovely to hear from you Dani.

I hope your cruise was absolutely amazing.

Graham.

14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Hello everyone,

(((((( )))))

I see the list of us who have had cancelled flights is growing.😑 Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Hello everyone,

(((((( )))))

Welcome back Dani!

• Like 1