Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

I found it!  If you go to chewy and type in 128083 in the search bar it will come up.  It is very sturdy!

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

…The other thing they do and it's really too disgusting to talk about it, but they both like to eat their own poop. It's a challenge to quickly get to them with a baggie and get it before they do. We have to brush their mouth out with doggie toothpaste. It's so disgusting to see but as you said, we still love them.

That’s really gross. That’s one reason I hate it when a dog tries to lick me. They also lick their butts. 🤮 Can you train them not to eat their poop?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

TSOTD is from Anchorage ,Alaska. My better half’s favorite cruise/land vacation .

TSOTD 

FIJI ISLAND 

NISABULI - WHERE HAPPINESS FINES YOU. 

While Sharon's family was living in Fiji, they took in a Fiji brother.  Some of his relatives came to the states a couple years ago a brought us t-shirts.  We really want to visit Fiji.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

TSOTD 

FIJI ISLAND 

While Sharon's family was living in Fiji, they took in a Fiji brother.  Some of his relatives came to the states a couple years ago a brought us t-shirts.  We really want to visit Fiji.

I hope that you get to go there one day.In 1990 one of my co-workers was there on vacation and brought pictures to show all of us.We all said we want to go there. I  never went and I do not think that anyone else that I was working with at the time ever went either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Weather not going to cooperate

We have really been enjoying the Ohio weather this week.  Actually felt cold down by the lake a couple evenings.  Today is much hotter and much more humid.  Also the 4th of July weekend crowd is rolling in.  We really enjoyed our time here.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

TSOTD 

FIJI ISLAND 

It’s a beautiful island. We were there 4 years ago and hope you get to go.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

My son Jonathan wanted to be a game designer. The problem is and you let your grandson know that most of it requires hours upon hours of mundane writing code. Jonathan was accepted at KU’s computer engineering school to become a designer. His first year he got burnt out and wanted to change his major. It’s one of those fields that you as a person are with her wired for or not. There is a string emphasis on math skills. It does seem very glamorous and if you are good you can make a ton of money. Most of the gam designers come from Asia where they start kids out at a very young age in computer science. I would encourage him to take coding classes now and see if he likes it.

I’ll tell my son when they get back from their Med cruise. My grandson and granddaughter are with them. 
Life on their own will be a big change for both of them, but Megan, as an attorney, has a better grasp on the future. 
When Matthew was a little boy, someone asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up. He said he was going to have a rich girlfriend so he could be “lots of things”. 

• Haha 14

21 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It’s been a long couple of days here since Andy’s surgery Tuesday morning.  The procedure went fine, pins and a plate were put in that will have to be surgically removed in several weeks.  Once the block wore off, he was in terrible pain even with prescriptions for Oxycodone and Toradol, supplemented with Tylenol.  I set my alarm to get up a couple of times a night to give them to him so that he stays on schedule.  Finally this morning he’s noticed a big improvement.  But he’s also supposed to bend and straighten the fingers on that hand at least every hour or so which results in pain, so it’s really a Catch-22.  I am happy to say he feels well enough to attempt our regular Thursday night trivia with friends at a local restaurant. 
I have a lot of catching up to do here and on Bella’s thread! 

Glad that Andy is coming along after surgery.  Hope the trivia game went well.

Pain killers only took the edge off of my ankle pain.    I still have pain but thankfully it isn't the killer pain I had for quite a few days post surgery.

I might be ending my stay in rehab very soon.  I went as far as I can go with PT since I still can't bare weight on my left foot for another 6 weeks.  I was told that was the only  reason they're keeping me as an in-patient.  So it's good news about being home and not so good news having to maneuver myself on one leg all over the apt.  Weight baring PT will start mid-August.  Jack is a gem but feels I'm safer here in rehab.  We shall see.

We're moving to a new apt. on July 11 for quite a few reasons.  That adds to the stress of me coming home to one apt and then moving to another to get acclimated to all the pitfalls of only using one leg.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Lottie was enjoying time alone.....

image.thumb.png.1faea4ff6fca1de21eaa184cb16e7248.png

Love the pics especially in portrait with the black and white background. What phone do you have? I don't think my iphone can do that.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

We saw the site of the Olympic stadium

image.thumb.jpeg.4bda026dac9c980ff5e73a50b25a4ba0.jpeg

I really enjoyed it when we were there. Unfortunately it was overcast so my pictures did not look nearly as good as your. Looks like a great day to see so much history.

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

There are some chews you can get at the pet store to discourage them from this behavior.  It might be worth trying.

We've tried everything , chews, pineapple, pumpkin and a host of others. Did not phase them one bit. Vet says it's common for puppies to do that and may outgrow it. Hopefully they will out grow it.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Another stop we've been before and thoroughly enjoyed it was Santorini.

I think Santorini is my favorite place in the whole world. How was the crowd to get on the cable car going down. I have heard of massive crowds waiting forever to get on.

51 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks.

That’s really gross. That’s one reason I hate it when a dog tries to lick me. They also lick their butts. 🤮 Can you train them not to eat their poop?

We've tried chews and an assortment of other things to put in their food to discourage them. So far hasn't worked. If we see them do it, they get a thorough mouth wash and teeth brush.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, helen haywood said:

@Sea DogI can match your shoe lace/poop story.  I found last night that someone had caught, eaten and then partially regurgitated a mouse…inside the house!!! 😳🙀

Yikes.  A friend of mine was going around the house picking up dog toys one night.  The soft chew toy she picked up turned out to be a dead rat.  I have had my share of dead and live mice, dead and live lizards and when we lived in Texas a few snakes.  Nothing like trying to move the blind dog to get the live coral snake that the cat had placed right beside it while on the phone with the vet.  LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

@Sea DogI can match your shoe lace/poop story.  I found last night that someone had caught, eaten and then partially regurgitated a mouse…inside the house!!! 😳🙀

Yep your a winner. A couple of times our cat has gotten a mouse and proudly dropped in the water bowl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yep your a winner. A couple of times our cat has gotten a mouse and proudly dropped in the water bowl.

We had a cat that caught a bird then did a meow and bird flew out of its mouth , took me a while to get the bird out of the house. 

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Ocean Boy Have you taken shots in portrait mode?  While using it this week I noticed when I looked at them in the gallery it popped up a note that said I could change the background.   That is how I got B&W backgrounds on some of the pics I just posted. 

I have not tried portrait mode yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I hope that you get to go there one day.In 1990 one of my co-workers was there on vacation and brought pictures to show all of us.We all said we want to go there. I  never went and I do not think that anyone else that I was working with at the time ever went either.

Sharon's bother and wife was there for awhile.  When they came back to the states each year they enjoyed going to the mountains because they spent a lot of time at the beach in Fiji.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Love the pics especially in portrait with the black and white background. What phone do you have? I don't think my iphone can do that.

I don't think you can do this on an iPhone using the built-in tools.  You'll need a third-party app like Photoshop Express, Lightroom Mobile, or Facetune (or many others).  I mostly use LR and it has the ability to auto select the subject.  It does a very good job of this but you can also manually define the background, or edit what the app automatically selects.  Not as easy as an Android phone automatically knowing the subject from a pic in portrait mode, but you've got the full suite of selection and editing tools to adjust either the subject or the background in many ways.  Don't worry...Apple will put the black and white background ability into an iPhone software update soon and call it something new and different, showing how much more they innovate than Android. 🤣

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks,  I use a Samsung S21 Ultra.  I am still learning more about it.  My brother just tried it on a Samsung Note 9 and it didn't work.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Pretty kitties!

Hopefully every day gets better for Andy.

Pain is frustrating, and I am sure, it was bad with broken bones.

How are you holding up?

Often it is just as hard on the care giver, being frustrated on how to help more.

Also, I know you know he needs to keep moving those fingers.

Games  with friends, could help as he moves on with trivia, maybe try some card games where he has to use those fingers.

Good luck keep us posted.

Take care

I used a couple of those soft squeezy things that were given out a advertising. Like my Cabot cow. 
more interesting than a rubber ball!

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

THAT was the reason I've posted it...

Like Sue below, I remember the video [and the nice shirt you wore], how romantic it was for Nate to get on one knee and how emotional you were. Otherwise, this so called "cake" will have not found itself among "luminaries" like Piazza Navona, Fontana and Pantheon 😉

@LucasLikesToCruise

🍁 Since you mention it 😉, Happy Canada Day also to all our Canadian friends 🍁 

Add me, please to the O Canada for Canada Day. 
It’s a wonderful country with wonderful people from coast to coast. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

At least you were not having to pull it out the other end

Dick had to do that with a long  piece of red velour our schnauzer chewed up. 
How stuff like that goes in one end and out the other intact amazes and revolts me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2