Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Debbie she and her husband are both nasty.

I'm so sorry you have miserable family in your life, Graham❤️

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Good morning, it seems we'll need to make do without Jimbo for the next week. His corn and sunflowers will gain a lot of TLC 😉

Thank you, Jim 👍

Oh my!  I wondered if there would've been a problem with the mods🤔

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

He's feeling a little better but getting restless. Everytime he thinks he is doing better and tries to do something he is reminded by the pain.  He has never been a good patient😁  thank you fir asking.

I'm sure he is getting restless!  No fun being in his position.

You are so Blessed to have had the loving relationship you had with your Grandmother growing up. 🥰 

7 hours ago, Lionesss said:

So last night as Jimmy Buffet did his 5 song encore. 

7C8B9B93-7329-44CD-BB2C-81A62E2A62C5.jpeg

Awesome shot!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think this is one of the reasons that Fireball is so popular.  I know a few people who are not booze drinkers but enjoy their Fireball.  Tastes like candy.

We had some here that came as a 1oz sampler bottle attached with something else we had bought so I decided to try it.  Quite enjoyed it.  Mentioned it to my college age daughter who rolled her eyes and said that's what the rookies drink.  This from the girl that bases her wine purchases to bring on board solely by alcohol content.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

18 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sounds interesting. I’ve never heard of the Hungry Channel? Is this a cable television channel?

Sounds very tasty. Simple is sometimes best!

Incredible photos. That was a big storm.

I am not sure Greg. Was surfing channels and found it. Was looking for the show Pati's Mexican Table and found the channel and the show. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

@dani negreanuHow are you feeling, Dani?  Any better? 

I am very happy to say that I just had a clementine for an afternoon snack and for the first time in over two months, I tasted it!  Citrus has been one of the few scents I can smell and have for a while, but I finally tasted it!  Baby steps I know but it is something! 😄 

Progress!

And citrus is such a good place to start tasting. 

6BE10891-D073-4B1D-ADA0-4A5BA3D358DF.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Headed to Tracy's after that and demolished a couple pounds of crab legs.

We also went to Tracy's - but back in 2014. Those crab legs are huge!

Since you weren't able to post a picture, I hope it's okay that I try to post a couple of the pictures that I took? 

One is 'a picture of the picture' that was hanging on the crab shack and the other is my hubby's "snack." 

DSCF0657.jpeg

DSCF0660.jpeg

Edited by CrzLvr2
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thought I would share some photos of my garden out front.20220722_100102.thumb.jpg.937936d917888a97e9eab97986f9d7bf.jpg

my day lollies aren't blooming this week, maybe too hot?

20220722_100044.thumb.jpg.efa827502c3e94553990c24640ebf466.jpg

Beautiful garden, Debbie!  My crape myrtle is the same color;  the flowers seemed to have bloomed all of sudden in our yard.

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm proud to be a "Sea Dog."

And, we're all proud to call you our friend!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I wouldn't move this thread unless we have to.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It would be a small inconvenience if it did get moved.  If that's my biggest problem though, I'm doing all right.  I'll be fine either way.

I have this one and Bella’s in my favorites, side by side, so I presume moving it wouldn’t hurt me. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Progress!

And citrus is such a good place to start tasting. 

Thanks!  It has been frustrating.  I had read people start tasting fruits and cold things first.  Some suggest trying frozen berries.

I hope you hear news about your friend soon.  Keeping her in my prayers. 🙂 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

@dani negreanuHow are you feeling, Dani?  Any better? 

I am very happy to say that I just had a clementine for an afternoon snack and for the first time in over two months, I tasted it!  Citrus has been one of the few scents I can smell and have for a while, but I finally tasted it!  Baby steps I know but it is something! 😄 

Good to hear that you are getting your taste back!  Finally!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We had some here that came as a 1oz sampler bottle attached with something else we had bought so I decided to try it.  Quite enjoyed it.  Mentioned it to my college age daughter who rolled her eyes and said that's what the rookies drink.  This from the girl that bases her wine purchases to bring on board solely by alcohol content.

I gargle with it.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We dlso did the white pass train in Skagway, incredible scenery. 

The scenery was incredible, even though it rained for almost the whole trip!

I took these from that little platform that's at the back of each car and only fits two people.

(I'm not sure of its name, but it's not the caboose.)

Please excuse the blur, but it was pretty rocky back there and quite rainy that day.

IMG_1197.jpeg

IMG_1226.jpeg

Edited by CrzLvr2
put space between pics
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I have this one and Bella’s in my favorites, side by side, so I presume moving it wouldn’t hurt me. 

I haven't been on Bella's thread for weeks because it is on floataway lounge and out of sight and harder to find on my Android mobile phone.

Let's continue here and get back to our friendly chats and stop talking about moving.

Kindest regards.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We haven’t heard a word. Our source is not responding to calls, texts, or emails. 
I’m thinking she’s at the hospital with Ginny. 
Thanks for asking. We’re all worried and trying to be patient. 

🙏Hope you hear soon about what's going on with Ginny.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, thank you for asking.     I ordered some thru amazon and he has been wearing this week.   I got the crew sock.     He likes that the top of the sock is not tight.      He's not very mobile right now due to the broken sacrum but hopefully they will help with circulation and blood pressure once he is back on his feet😀

They help me greatly.I am glad that he has them and likes wearing them.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I haven't been on Bella's thread for weeks because it is on floataway lounge and out of sight and harder to find on my Android mobile phone.

I'm only able to go on the floataway on my Chromebook.  I can go on this thread on both my Android as well as the Chromebook.😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, CrzLvr2 said:

We also went to Tracy's - but back in 2014. Those crab legs are huge!

Since you weren't able to post a picture, I hope it's okay that I try to post a couple of the pictures that I took? 

One is 'a picture of the picture' that was hanging on the crab shack and the other is my hubby's "snack." 

DSCF0657.jpeg

DSCF0660.jpeg

Nice.

Last week Tracys was bringing in fresh caught Norton Bay King Crab from the summer fishing season.  They said it had just days to run until the summers quota was caught.  Our legs weren't as large as that nut they were still very tasty.  They were selling for $55 a pound.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Luckynana said:

I'm only able to go on the floataway on my Chromebook.  I can go on this thread on both my Android as well as the Chromebook.😊

I probably should know this because I have been posting on the main boards and Floataway 11 years but what is the difference other than Floataway not counting posts ?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My soldier son has the same opinion of Fireball.  

His GF is getting him into trying wines now.... they had one last week when I was visiting that is a "peanut butter and jelly" wine -- and he has the nerve to roll his eyes when I mention the apple cider and Fireball drink!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Every single 29347 posts of mine have been on my Android mobile phone.

I very rarely use my laptop except for printing cruise documents from my printer.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I probably should know this because I have been posting on the main boards and Floataway 11 years but what is the difference other than Floataway not counting posts ?

For me Lenny I use CC mobile website and post predominantly on impulse wherever I am and the main board is easy to find in a few seconds.

I understand non CC members cannot access Floataway.

I hope you are a lot better now after your heart scare.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

My Sister-in-law (Susan’s sister) and brother-in-law are on Ovation for this week’s cruise to Alaska.  It is their first cruise.  I will be interested in seeing their pictures.  We were booked with them for 2020, and we know how that year went.

Looks like our only chance of getting to Alaska will be if we take our grandson next year. Will have to see.  We already have 4 booked from January thru May.

If she likes taking pics, she is going to have plenty of opportunities.   Our original plans was to cruise Alaska with our youngest daughter and SIL but when she became pregnant we had to leave her behind.  We enjoyed it so much we are looking forward to another Alaska cruise and we hope it works out we are with them.  At this point it sounds like she would be willing even at the child's young age.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

None in my photos🤣     

How's your garden holding up in this heat?

I have been water every evening.   The cucumbers always seem to want more water than any other plant.     I picked about 5 dozen super sweets this morning and another dozen or so of amish paste and a bunch of big boys.     I plan on making some bruschetta and salsa this weekend. As well as eggplant parm with sauce from the amish paste tomatoes.    Yum😀

Our lawn is looking so burnt out.   I think I will set up the sprinkler for front and back yard this evening.   We have 2 of these sprinklers, they work great as they self drive around your yard.

https://www.amazon.com/Nelson-Train-Tractor-Traveling-Sprinkler/dp/B06XF8KQY4/ref=asc_df_B06XF8KQY4/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=366329529258&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13437718792915580205&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1025298&hvtargid=pla-794173955493&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=77768418938&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=366329529258&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13437718792915580205&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1025298&hvtargid=pla-794173955493

Happy to hear your garden is doing good. I am watering some each day too.  Some of the garden is doing good, some muh.  We are really enjoying those surprise tomatoes.   I picked a dozen yesterday and 8 today.   Great size.  Overall a little over 150 tomatoes picked and that is no cherry.

Peppers doing good.  A couple plants are about 4 1/2 feet but not producing.   The rest about 3 1/2 to 4.  I have never had them grow this big.

I started the beans, peas and cucumbers to late.  The beans and peas are pretty much done.  The cucumbers are tall and flowering but not producing. 

I started more seeds about two weeks ago. Brussel sprouts and zucchini.   They are taking off.  Will see.  Last week I started cherry tomatoes again.   The last 2 years I had huge harvest of them but this year nothing.  Can't give up.

• Like 3