Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

I actually kind of like my country- it’s a little bit unCanadian to say this, but I’m proud of it. 
Most of us consider ourselves a first world country.

We visited Canada for the first time in 1969,returned in 1971 and 1972.In 1976 we did a cross country drive of your beautiful country.We have vacationed there a total of 17 times.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Good luck to Toby!

I’ll second that. Hope everything goes as good as possible tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We finally pulled the trigger for January, ended up booking Harmony on Jan 7th for the 8 night Southern.  We’re very excited for Aruba & Curaçao as they’re both new to us.  I know someone here is also on that cruise but can’t remember who?  

We will warm the ship for you, we are sailing December 31st. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Lenny- Wishng a good outcome for Toby’s  surgery tomorrow. I had both eyes done about ten years ago with great results. I went for the cost over a Medicare lenses that did not require glasses for near vision. I said that I had “super”vision. Trouble was, I could see all the cobwebs I had missed before the surgery!🙄

The most difficult part was taking the correct drops at the correct times. But,since Toby is a nurse,she will probably not have difficulty with pre and post op drops.

MJ🙋🏻

Thanks,MJ .She started the eye drops yesterday .I do not expect her to have any problems with the eye drops.My daughters will be here to help with everything else.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Good wishes for Toby's cataract surgery😊  She's going to love being able to see without glasses.  I sure do!!😉

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Good wishes for Toby's cataract surgery😊  She's going to love being able to see without glasses.  I sure do!!😉

Thanks,Maryann.

• Like 1

I bought an air fryer a few weeks ago. Last week I tried making sweet potato fries and they were just okay.  I’m pretty sure it was user error, me putting too many in the basket at one time.  Tonight I made this whole chicken which was marinated in buttermilk for 24 hours prior to cooking, then 50 minutes in the air fryer.  It was delicious.  Can’t wait to try more recipes after this success.  

98202A20-BD81-420D-A663-448C5E091484.jpeg

8B824FA4-3F54-421A-B0C2-1BF31BB8F2A8.jpeg

• Like 19

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That would be us along with a couple of our friends.  I believe @ReneeFLL is also aboard, and I am not sure if @Ocean Boy is looking at it.

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

It will be great to meet y’all.

Looking forward to meeting more people from Dani’s thread.

Yes, hope we get a chance to meet!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I bought an air fryer a few weeks ago. Last week I tried making sweet potato fries and they were just okay.  I’m pretty sure it was user error, me putting too many in the basket at one time.  Tonight I made this whole chicken which was marinated in buttermilk for 24 hours prior to cooking, then 50 minutes in the air fryer.  It was delicious.  Can’t wait to try more recipes after this success.  

We had sweet potato fries from the air fryer last night .They were delicious.

• Like 2

We went to one of our regular restaurants tonight and sat at the bar.  We know the bartenders and always seem to meet new and interesting people who are also sitting there.  I tried a new cocktail tonight...a Blackberry Bourdon Lemonade.  VERY tasty.  Dangerously so.  It's made with Bourbon, blackberry brandy (if you don't want to muddle your own blackberries), fresh lemon juice, and a dash of sour mix.  I'm definitely going to need to experiment at home to get the ratios of each ingredient correct.  Science is fun!

IMG_8950.thumb.jpg.71e591024f44943ca0851dc245259a0a.jpg

• Like 16

35 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I see “Power XL.”  Is that the brand name?  I’ve been wanting to get an air fryer.

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We went to one of our regular restaurants tonight and sat at the bar.  We know the bartenders and always seem to meet new and interesting people who are also sitting there.  I tried a new cocktail tonight...a Blackberry Bourdon Lemonade.  VERY tasty.  Dangerously so.  It's made with Bourbon, blackberry brandy (if you don't want to muddle your own blackberries), fresh lemon juice, and a dash of sour mix.  I'm definitely going to need to experiment at home to get the ratios of each ingredient correct.  Science is fun!

Name of restaurant, please?

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am not but January 7th is my birthday so maybe we will look into it!

You're in good company.  My daughter's birthday is January 7th as is Katie Couric's birthday.  I have no idea why I remember Katie's birthday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That looks and sounds amazing. Please post a recipe if you make it. I’d like to try it.

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

When we got married, the china was my favorite thing we received. We’ve used it a lot ove the years. I love it so much. Here’s my pattern: 

B13684F9-E31E-48CC-988D-4199FAA4418A.thumb.jpeg.0b2b180c6d84226a237b08a9ee4270ef.jpeg

Here’s my grandmother’s pattern. She lived to age 98. I have a couple of place-settings of each of our grandmother’s china.

64BE14C0-3617-420E-B6C9-7463F82C537D.thumb.jpeg.6c1c7eaf56824ac29380abdec4b26a34.jpeg

Here’s Brian’s grandmother’s pattern. She lived to be 100!

A4FB76D8-4738-4EE3-8688-EB77FC267E1A.thumb.jpeg.7df7118ea048164afee225358c33a183.jpeg

Love all of these beautiful china patterns.  I think your pattern is the same as my older sister's.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Arzeena said:

George,
We are not going on this one. I was asking because we are helping out a soon to be wed young couple who were facing some hurdles with their honeymoon and everything got cancelled due to their flights being cancelled and they were distraught with the idea of spending another 2K on flights. We suggested they drop that idea and go on a cruise instead and they are pricing out things and surprise expenses to see if it is the better option for them.

That's really nice you are helping them plan funds etc.😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last week we noticed through the window that there were some black butterflies fluttering about on our deck.  Yesterday we realized they were Black Swallowtails, and they had laid eggs on a parsley plant.  Those eggs turned into caterpillars, and they quickly devoured the parsley.  This morning I bought a second plant, and they seemed very grateful.  The way they eat the leaves reminds me of how we eat corn on the cob.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Delicious.  I love crispy skin.  I bet it is nice and juicy too!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, derorim said:

Last week we noticed through the window that there were some black butterflies fluttering about on our deck.  Yesterday we realized they were Black Swallowtails, and they had laid eggs on a parsley plant.  Those eggs turned into caterpillars, and they quickly devoured the parsley.  This morning I bought a second plant, and they seemed very grateful.  The way they eat the leaves reminds me of how we eat corn on the cob.  

They are pretty caterpillars!   They also love Dill.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

That looks really good.

26 minutes ago, derorim said:

Love the colors. Is the video sped up or is that in real time? If it’s real time they sure are fast. No wonder it doesn’t take long for some plants to get decimated.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If you were getting in early I was going to recommend riding on the Metromover.   It was free and takes you all around Miami.   We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Brickell.    Catty-corner was a place called Coyo Taco that has great fish tacos.  Not sure I would travel that far for it.

Not far from you is Bayside Marketplace.  We enjoyed going there.  When we were there they had live music going on.  We were there during the day.  Might be worth researching if you are looking for something to do.

My most memorable time was getting to stay a couple extra days.  😆 

@Sea Dog Have to 2nd or 3rd Bayside Market Place. Little bit of everything there. Seems everyone that sails from The Miami Port for the first time ends up at Bayside. I'm sure you would have a lot of fun there.

https://www.baysidemarketplace.com/visit/360-virtual-map

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

50 minutes at what temperature ? Degrees?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2