Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@Ozark_KidThank you for posting the video of Kenzie. She is a light to brighten this thread. 

Hoping Santa is very good to that little girl! I am sure that she will have a delightful Christmas.

MJ🙋🏻

+ 1, John @Ozark_Kid

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

I'm so sorry Lucas. I thought that might have happened. And you took such good care of her, for such a long time. That is the ordained order of things. That parents generally pass away before we do. Losing your mom is so hard, though. I am very sad for your loss. I still miss my mom. I hope that Oliver is of some comfort, as you go through all of the stuff.  ☺️

+ 8, @LucasLikesToCruise

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It certainly is beautiful.

+ 1,  Joy@derorim

@HBE4, one of our friends here, M8, is sending you his sincere condolences too.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, derorim said:

Inspired by the Jewelry Tree @Sea Dog shared, I decided to make one using my mother's jewelry.  Here's the finished project.  I'm not sure I will want to take it down when Christmas is over.

image.thumb.jpeg.7e27063791dbbb6f66821f8c1b8afb1c.jpeg

Oh my goodness, that is gorgeous. What a lovely tribute to your mom.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, derorim said:

Inspired by the Jewelry Tree @Sea Dog shared, I decided to make one using my mother's jewelry.  Here's the finished project.  I'm not sure I will want to take it down when Christmas is over.

Beautiful, that is my reluctance to do a tree.   Looking into other pictures to make after the holidays as I would love to keep it up all year.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, derorim said:

That creation is lovely! You could leave it on display after Christmas as it is in a pretty frame- why not?

Have you considered doing these jewelry creations as a business?

You could take people’s collections and put them in a design and frame it.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, derorim said:

Great job this is really beautiful. I rally like the frame too. I think jewelry trees look best in antique style frames.Beautiful placement of the jewelry too.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

One year ago today we lost Bosley, can’t believe a year has gone by.B1DDB84C-1A54-41A3-AD14-2C412E4C7BFB.jpeg.ab19cd3bf7077004a3329b346c2a04ea.jpeg

Sorry for your loss. I lost a dog  20 + years ago (Bailey) and  still cry about her when I think of her.  Best dog I ever had.  She ended up with insulin dependent diabetes and blind.  She got around very well but didn't live long enough.

Edited by molly361
  • Like 8

Several weeks ago I posted that a long time work friend found a picture of me and sent it to me.Yesterday he found another picture and sent it to me.

In all the years that I have been posting on CC I have never posted a picture of any kind.When I was a regular on another cruise board prior to CC I posted many scenic pictures .I decided yesterday to attempt to post the picture that was sent to me yesterday.However ,I cannot figure out how to do this.I e-mailed a CC person for help but it did not work.I tried to print the picture in the Floataway Lounge on a thread started by me in which only one person responded and the result was a black screen

I have the picture in my I-Phone and in my I-Pad photo sections as well as my saved photos.If anyone can help me I will greatly appreciate it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'm scared to ask what you thought I would look like? Granted, most of my posts look like there were written by a blabbering idiot but I can assure you, in real life, I don't blabber.😉

I might be singling your post out but it applys to so many others as well. You guys/gals are the reason I felt like sharing.

Thank you. I was a bit hesitant to share the photo's at first as I tend to be a bit on the private side (no first name, email address or home town, etc) but after the journey and the support on this thread over the last 19 months, I felt it was only fair for people to connect a face with a name. So many others post pictures and mine were 4 years old so....

I have never posted a picture of myself or a family member .However,I posted my e-mail address earlier this year and said that if anyone would like to see what I look like as well as my grand dogs if they e-mailed me I would send pictures.Several people responded.

I talk a lot to my wife about Leonard .She asked me to offer her condolences to you.

• Like 1

@Ocean Boy You may already know about this and it is probably not unique to Samsung.  Many times when I tried to hit the refresh on the browser I would hit to far to the left and a bunch of preloaded links would pop up.  I am just now discovering I delete the preloaded and add what I want.  You can also rename the links.

Clink the middle.

1183961846_Screenshot_20221209-115426_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.69413f4c636a21e6e647bebfdd10c754.jpg

Then this pops up.  Click edit to delete or change names.

1574816021_Screenshot_20221209-121222_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.40500f1da52467b8877fa8fdea8f79e8.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Sorry for your loss. I lost a dog  20 + years ago (Bailey) and  still cry about her when I think of her.  Best dog I ever had.  She ended up with insulin dependent diabetes and blind.  She got around very well but didn't live long enough.

I love the lyrics of Jerry Jeff Walker Mr Bojangles 

“ after twenty years he still grieves “ 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Ocean Boy You may already know about this and it is probably not unique to Samsung.  Many times when I tried to hit the refresh on the browser I would hit to far to the left and a bunch of preloaded links would pop up.  I am just now discovering I delete the preloaded and add what I want.  You can also rename the links.

Clink the middle.

1183961846_Screenshot_20221209-115426_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.69413f4c636a21e6e647bebfdd10c754.jpg

Then this pops up.  Click edit to delete or change names.

1574816021_Screenshot_20221209-121222_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.40500f1da52467b8877fa8fdea8f79e8.jpg

Since you mentioned browsers, do you use the Samsung browser at all? I really like it but it has been buggy with Cruise Critic since the upgrade to Android 13 One UI 5.0. I can post but if I try to quote someone as soon as I start typing it highlights the quoted text and the keyboard disappears.😒 Chrome browser works fine but I don't like it as well as the Samsung browser.

@HBE4I have been off the Internet and just came back and read your post. 
I am so sorry you have lost your wife twice. 
Your life certainly changed the first time, but your devotion didn’t. 
Thank goodness for your (step)daughter. 
And I know she must feel the same. 
Your wife would be so happy to know you have an unbreakable bond and will comfort each other. 
I know we will be reunited with our loved ones come day. No one has ever proven that we won’t!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Have you considered doing these jewelry creations as a business?

You could take people’s collections and put them in a design and frame it.

To be honest, being creative stresses me out.  I like things with instructions, and a right answer.  This was very hard for me, but I had the encouragement and advice from Andy and a creative friend.  I’m going to attempt another tree for one son, and I’m working on a different project for my other son.  If I survive that stress, I might let Andy’s sister send me their mom’s jewelry and try to do something with that.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Great job this is really beautiful. I rally like the frame too. I think jewelry trees look best in antique style frames.Beautiful placement of the jewelry too.

Thank you.  The frame had a photo of my sons and their wives, but one son has since divorced, so the picture was put away.  I guess the frame was just waiting for the right use.  

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, derorim said:

To be honest, being creative stresses me out.  I like things with instructions, and a right answer.  This was very hard for me, but I had the encouragement and advice from Andy and a creative friend.  I’m going to attempt another tree for one son, and I’m working on a different project for my other son.  If I survive that stress, I might let Andy’s sister send me their mom’s jewelry and try to do something with that.

Can you tell us more details about how you assembled it? Is the backing made of fabric? Did you glue the jewelry on? 

• Like 2

Lenny- You mentioned about trying to post a photo from your iPhone to CC.

I have two suggestions-

Perhaps your granddaughter can help you with it when she gets home from college?

The younger ones keep us going with the tech stuff,for sure.

The other is I will try to post from my iPhone and then post you the steps.

Hoping to help- 

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Can you tell us more details about how you assembled it? Is the backing made of fabric? Did you glue the jewelry on? 

I attached velvet fabric to a stiff cardboard like material using tacky spray, and I glued the jewelry with a fine tipped hot glue gun.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Everyone here helped me calm my experience while taking care of my mom as she died.  I appreciate everyone for that 

I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing.  You were the perfect son to her.  May she Rest in Peace.🙏

• Like 1

Lenny- I hit a glitch posting a photo! I have them on the iPhone but can’t get it to transfer to CC.

It may be CC or me,but I have done this before.

I can try later or ,as I wrote before,maybe your granddaughter can help you when she gets home. That way,you can see what she is doing or,she can walk you through posting with your devices.

Wish I could help!

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 1

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Starting off our frosty morning, watching a sick granddaughter.  

It appears the Elf escaped from the light, and landed in a cup of cocoa this morning. 

3875448B-807E-4051-8A9A-88652F487493.thumb.jpeg.42cb2d824bd3c4e2ca5cde3ceaa7a678.jpeg

That silly Elf!!!

I hope your granddaughter feels better quickly!

• Like 1